Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Is your drivers window doing weird things??

Guest boostin

Guest boostin

It probably needs to be reset. This applies to Legacy gen 3/4.

If your window operates a little bit every time you hit the "UP" switch, perform operation A.

If your window fully closes and reopens to around 1/2 way, perform operation B.

OPERATION A

1. Close the drivers door.

2. Turn the ignition switch to ON.

3. Operate the power window main switch to UP, and then fully close the drivers side window glass.

4. Maintain the power window main switch UP with the window glass fully closed for 3 seconds.

5. Operate the power window main switch to AUTO DOWN, and then check that the window opens full correctly. When the window does not open full correctly, repeat the step 1 to 5 again.

OPERATION B

1. Close the drivers door.

2. Turn the ignition switch to ON.

3. Set the power window main switch to AUTO UP (fully pulling the switch) and keep it, then turn the ignition switch to OFF while the window is closing (before fully closed). Keep the window switch in this state and fully close the window.

4. Set the power window main switch to AUTO DOWN (fully pushing the switch) and keep it, then turn the ignition switch to ON while the window is opening (before opening fully). Keep the power window switch in this state and fully open the window.

CAUTION - Perform the work from turning the ignition switch to OFF to turning the ignition switch to ON within 30 seconds.

5. Perform Operation A.

6. Operate the AUTO UP and AUTO DOWN, check that the window operates normally. When the window does not open full or close full, repeat the step 1 - 5 again.

This is all straight from the service manual. Note that turbo timers make this procedure impossible, so they need to be switched off or disabled. It does work, you just need to get the timing right, so if it doesn't work the first time, try again. Also note the difference between UP and AUTO UP, DOWN and AUTO DOWN. You can feel the extra click in the switch.

The one in my Gen 2 is really annoying. When you use auto down, it makes a clicking noise when fully open as if it's trying to keep winding down. And when you try and wind it up, it often doesn't do anything, and when it does it will just wind down when you let go of the switch. Pain in the ass to get it to close when you're driving

Guest boostin
 Flat4 said:

The one in my Gen 2 is really annoying. When you use auto down, it makes a clicking noise when fully open as if it's trying to keep winding down. And when you try and wind it up, it often doesn't do anything, and when it does it will just wind down when you let go of the switch. Pain in the ass to get it to close when you're driving

Sounds to me like a stuffed reg....