Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Cop Radars

AFAIK laser jammers are legal, basically because laser jammers just emit light (unable to be seen by our eyes), a light which happens to be at a certain 904nm and a certain pulse rate.

Whereas radar jammers are a different story and ARE illegal.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

99GTB said:

AFAIK laser jammers are legal, basically because laser jammers just emit light (unable to be seen by our eyes), a light which happens to be at a certain 904nm and a certain pulse rate.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

Well it's more that radar jammers use radio waves and purposefully interfere with things, and there are various anti interference laws / rules / regulations surrounding radio traffic. There's not really anything in existance for light waves however

MercuryFree']

[quote name='99GTB said:

Correct me if i'm wrong.

/quote]

Well it's more that radar jammers use radio waves and purposefully interfere with things, and there are various anti interference laws / rules / regulations surrounding radio traffic. There's not really anything in existance for light waves however

Exactly my point...

Just couldn't find the words to explain about the radio waves and the associated laws.

subieboy']

[quote name='MercuryFree said:

Camera vans are on K band, remaining police radars are using Ka band. But as already mentioned, police radar being phased out and they're sticking to their lasers.

/quote]

Noticed this last weekend, every cop I picked up were using laser, first time I've ever picked laser up (usually only find KA)

do u mean staitonary laser gun or inbuilt mobile laser units?

Blinder units have had some success against laser but expensive and you'll still have to react quickly before the laser gets 'punch thru'. In saying that though some blinders apparently 'jammed to gun'.........which just means they were effective against the laser from the time it locked on to them to more or less point blank range

have a read on the net interesting stuff................and I've always found Radar Direct to be really helpful too

Plenty of independent testing reviews on the net...........do some good research b4 forking out ur $$

Yea they work great in A LAB/Experiments (that they use to illustrate the "effectiveness) but in real life they are a waste of money.

From memory to jam a laser you have to shine an opposing laser of the exact same frequency constantly (and exactly into its centre) into the other beam for it to work...

Some others on here had some knowledge on that

not exactly true........the tests are conducted on open roads in normal traffic conditions using a range of different laser guns.........these are definitely not lab tests

not sure about the laser jammers.

To me, i generally see lasers being used around the city at various points, and on the open roads the patrol vehicles seem to use Ka band.

My detector can pick up this Ka at a couple of KMs away so im generally good but Laser is a different matter.

I have heard they are phasing out the Ka band ones, so id def be interested in any laser jammer info lol.

99GTB said:

http://www.laserstar.co.nz/

Laser jammers aren't exactly the cheapest.

Laser star is made in NZ and supposed to be one of the better available.

However I would be keen to hear from someone who actually has one and can inform me how reliable they are other than videos on the net. I think someone on here has one that I know of.

impressive reviews

wildturkey']

Camera vans are on K band, remaining police radars are using Ka band. But as already mentioned, police radar being phased out and they're sticking to their lasers.

/quote]

Noticed this last weekend, every cop I picked up were using laser, first time I've ever picked laser up (usually only find KA)

do u mean staitonary laser gun or inbuilt mobile laser units?

Blinder units have had some success against laser but expensive and you'll still have to react quickly before the laser gets 'punch thru'. In saying that though some blinders apparently 'jammed to gun'.........which just means they were effective against the laser from the time it locked on to them to more or less point blank range

have a read on the net interesting stuff................and I've always found Radar Direct to be really helpful too

Plenty of independent testing reviews on the net...........do some good research b4 forking out ur $$

Yea they work great in A LAB/Experiments (that they use to illustrate the "effectiveness) but in real life they are a waste of money.

From memory to jam a laser you have to shine an opposing laser of the exact same frequency constantly (and exactly into its centre) into the other beam for it to work...

Some others on here had some knowledge on that

not exactly true........the tests are conducted on open roads in normal traffic conditions using a range of different laser guns.........these are definitely not lab tests

Almost every positive (if I can be arssed calling it that) reviews are done by the manufacturer/distributor or by an agent paid by the manufacturer/distributor

As for the tests done on open roads they do that in controlled tests at 20km/h or less - aka lab style test (ask them for a complete rundown of the test parameters)

Almost every true independent review have labelled them a farce and waste of money on a similar scale as fuel pellets, magnetising fuel for better economy and power and all that malarkey...

99GTB said:

http://www.laserstar.co.nz/

Laser jammers aren't exactly the cheapest.

Laser star is made in NZ and supposed to be one of the better available.

However I would be keen to hear from someone who actually has one and can inform me how reliable they are other than videos on the net. I think someone on here has one that I know of.

All I can say is that in the year and a half since I had mine, it hasn't gone off once. That is due to a lack of cops using laser guns though I think, rather than the system not working. One time going through town there was a cop standing there with his laser gun, but the jammers weren't on, so I switched them on, went around the block and by the time I got back to where he was standing, he'd gone. My one chance to see if they worked.

subieboy']

/quote]

Almost every positive (if I can be arssed calling it that) reviews are done by the manufacturer/distributor or by an agent paid by the manufacturer/distributor

As for the tests done on open roads they do that in controlled tests at 20km/h or less - aka lab style test (ask them for a complete rundown of the test parameters)

Almost every true independent review have labelled them a farce and waste of money on a similar scale as fuel pellets, magnetising fuel for better economy and power and all that malarkey...

This is why I would like to hear from someone that actually has one.

The other thing is if you do have one they are quite hard to actually test out as caspros just mentioned.

As you can see, you're gona find very different opinons on this bro and probably conflicting and/or lack of evidence which aint gona help you much...........my advice, scan the internet for independent reviews and try and find people in here who actually use them. Radar Direct might be worth making a call to but keep in mind they'll have a vested interest in telling you what want to hear. Just get as much info on laser jammers as you can before sinking ur $$ into 1......... and if you do buy one..........maybe you have a cop mate who's happy to fire his laser at you down a quiet back road ;D

wildturkey said:

As you can see, you're gona find very different opinons on this bro and probably conflicting and/or lack of evidence which aint gona help you much...........my advice, scan the internet for independent reviews and try and find people in here who actually use them. Radar Direct might be worth making a call to but keep in mind they'll have a vested interest in telling you what want to hear. Just get as much info on laser jammers as you can before sinking ur $$ into 1......... and if you do buy one..........maybe you have a cop mate who's happy to fire his laser at you down a quiet back road ;D

this is the only way really.... :D

dubbedup']

[quote name='wildturkey said:

As you can see, you're gona find very different opinons on this bro and probably conflicting and/or lack of evidence which aint gona help you much...........my advice, scan the internet for independent reviews and try and find people in here who actually use them. Radar Direct might be worth making a call to but keep in mind they'll have a vested interest in telling you what want to hear. Just get as much info on laser jammers as you can before sinking ur $$ into 1......... and if you do buy one..........b]maybe you have a cop mate who's happy to fire his laser at you down a quiet back road[/b] ;D

this is the only way really.... :D

Yea just not convinced by them so far. Have read many reviews all over the net and laserstar seemed to be the best, but the internet lies ;D

Don't want to fork out $900 just to test something that may be as useful as a magnetic fuel saver (Although I hear these work amazingly, huge fuel savings ;)). Also don't have a cop mate.

bit of interesting info.............I called Radar Direct in the Hutt. Asked them about Laser Star....they said they'd never heard of that product (prolly cause they aren't agents for them). They said they only sell the blinders which use the same laser jamming technology.

I told them I was in a car club (didn't name club sub) who had a few members interested in the technology but were a bit skeptical of the so called 'independent reviews' on the internet. I asked if they would be interested in doing some joint testing so we can all have an answer to the question "do they really work?"

A win win proposition really.......from our end our members get a definitive answer and can be confident they're spending their hard earned pinga on a product that does what it says it does....or not......and from Radar Directs end, well they get potential busines from our members, word of mouth marketing, and endorsement of their product.......all assuming of course that the technology works like its advertised. That's got to be win win right?

Well anyway, after they gave me the 'we've sold hundreds of units to customers and never had any complaints' speech, I was told that the person I was speaking to didn't really have the authority to agree to the testing anyway lol.......and that I should phone back tomorrow when the boss was in the office.........which I'll do ;D

99GTB said:

Nice work, be good to have some members actually witness testing, if they agree to it.

If they agree to it we'll set up an agreed testing method and video the whole thing................it's 'money where your mouth is' stuff