if i buy it ill have to change it.

-smurff

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys,

so our soard tail's have just decided to give birth, andy tips? first time we have had this, we had moved the two pregnat fish to our second tank with a breader thing, we had just set it up in time actually, they pooped the day after we put them in there.

i dont have a count on how many we have but theres a few little ones. what now ? we got some liquid fry food for them

-smurff

smurff said:

what size you going to get ?

i was looking at a 180L one the other day, much bigger than my current 60L lol

-smurff

think my current is around 80 litres or so?

its 60cm x 35cm x 45cm roughly.

Ill get a written quote from animates but the mrs can get it for half price staff rates so might be able to have a spend up on a good one. Ill see!

reef tank!!! are they salt or freash water? have allways wanted carol stuff, but no idea about it.

may dad would kill me if i got a bigger tank when i have only had the 60L for about 2 months hahaha

-smurff

smurff said:

may dad would kill me if i got a bigger tank when i have only had the 60L for about 2 months hahaha

-smurff

Erm how old are you mr Smurff?

I thought you are around like 30+ for some reason!

Those reef tanks look spectacular, particularly the middle one!

ODB']

[quote name='smurff said:

-smurff

/quote]

oohhh why thank you ODB (damn you calling me old :P), im 25 in sep this year, so a we while off 30 odd

-smurff

smurff']

[quote name='smurff said:

-smurff

/quote]

oohhh why thank you ODB (damn you calling me old :P), im 25 in sep this year, so a we while off 30 odd

-smurff

Haha no worries. You must still live at home if "your dad would kill you" im picking?

I just assumed you were older. My bad.

yea live at home, was planing to move out, then work told me we were all on a pay freeze, so that has put a hold on my plans for a while. hopefuly it changes soon, or a new job comes my way hahaha

-smurff

smurff said:

then work told me we were all on a pay freeze

Seems to be the way of the world at the moment.

Everything goes up but the wages!

Be interesting what happens when review time comes around for us given that we are still raking in the cash!

QRAF said:

we got ours full of tropical fish now we had 19 but now down to 11 as the 6angel fish have been killing the rest there brothers and sisters so they are picking on the rest.

surely you know angel fish kill other fish? Its recommended you have a school of like 6 afaik.

My tank got big cracks in the recent quake and is now holding only like 40% of its water!

• 1 month later...

just did a clean of the fish before going away, found the filter pump has died! now to shoot to the fish shop for temp filter till i can sort something next week. maybe time for a nice external filter setup

-smurff

you guys should check out fnzas site if you are interested in fish keeping

to anyone new to fish keeping or has had many fish die there are 2 major rules you need to follow

1, cycling a fish tank (google it, the process of establishing good bacteria in a filter to remove harmful ammonia from fish waste an over feeding) if your filter is dirty THATS GOOD, its fine to "unclog" any fish tank filter every clean but under no circumstances should you rinse it completely clean EVER, this is a really important thing to avoid!

2. chlorine , alot of towns use chlorine in the water, its fine for the fish but its not fine for the good bacteria that builds up in a tank, it kills it off an them flushes dead bacteria around the tank - THIS reason alone is why most people have losses when cleaning a tank or putting new water in a tank

I have kept/keep lots of fish, my current tank is about 280L an houses cichlids, sunshine peacocks an moliwe kribensis (not the common ones sold in shops)

was gona put some pics up but they are pretty terrible quality haha

our angel fish have laid eggs there going to look trippy as there brothers and sisters incest much ::)

so im looking on trademe now for another heater for the other fish tank in the garage :-[

would rather be at the mega meet today tho. :'(

hope u have a net / egg protector chap or it will be eggs for breakfast in the QRAF tank!

My tank is looking disgusting as im scared to clean it in case a) i get cut from broken glass or b) the back wall fall out lol