Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

dsr turbo

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that originaly DSR turbos where known to be shit. But not sure these days as I have been told they get them off a different supplier. As far as I know they are still cheap chineese ones.

Personaly, for $1100 I think there is better options.

nt_a_foz said:

if you have the option of a garret or a cheap chinese piece of crap id definatly go garret.

Same as any car parts you get what you pay for and any chinese car parts seem to be pretty poor quality from what iv seen.

well thats what i thought, but just wondered if anyone had ever heard about them. and honestly im not looking for a turbo just yet, still in saving mode to get a re build for old engine

yeah iv heard abit about the t3t4 turbos, nothing good about them. my mate said that he wanted to fit 1 of them to his v5 sti, but just before he went to buy it, it blew all the seals in it

yeah, big and cheap. id rather have a lil tdo4l that has been given shit and still going strong then some big turbo that would crap out within 1 wk or so

Guest crunchy

Not pushing my products here but what i find funny is hes selling his sub turbos dearer than what i do and i only use oem parts, plus he meantioned on one of his auctions the prices will be going up.

It was only a matter of time before they got closer to what good stuff is sold for,no brainer to how to spend your hard earned money realy.

Ask anyone and i mean anyone who sells chinese turbos for a compressor map and see what happens,he said on his auctions for the 3540j it took 3 years to develope!!!

They cant be very good if it takes that long to copy someone else turbo, and the dyno graphs that are posted are for a dyno run NOT a turbo map to which is alot more important as all the graph shows is how much power the engine makes to which is no good unless your building the identical setup,but the boost used to get that number is your guess as much as mine.

we did the test on that turbo,

His new turbos seem to perform better then expected and they appear to be reliable. though time will tell.

Seemd to preform quite well, though the test car was limited by the topmount intercooler and Power FC so there was no comprehensive test done to see how efficiant the turbo was as we were very knock limited as the top mount couldn't cope.

I most likly wouldn't suggest running that on a 2ltr,

Crunchy makes good subaru turbos that seem to be very efficiant and make good power and torque,

Were tuning a Garrett GT3071R on a stock EJ20 at the end of the week so it will be interesting to see how it performs verse a crunchy modified VF23 turbo that made 230+kw on the same motor. not that its really any form of comparision as the 3071 is a fair bit larger.

Most those T3T4s, T04E etc are crap, and as soon as any RB owner trys to push 15psi through them they fall over efficiancy wise and wear quickly from our tests, customers experiances

have you been able to test them on ej20 fitted with a front mount intercooler? and link etc etc more so for reliablity over time, compeared against a turbo in same price range

Guest crunchy

You cant compare what i do to a garrett dude mine are a straight bolt in no other mods the garrett is change everything and now you need an external to which a lot dont want.

Any turbo i do is designed to do a set job based on what a customer wants not "here ya go itll work on every setup"

Now since you meantion the t3/4 thing i will say it again it only depicks what the frame is nothing to do with its output,interesting on one of his auctions of late he states "t3/4 i use to sell are crap my new ones are way better".......are all his turbos are based on a t3/4.

You only have to read his auction replies to questions that he has no concevable idea what hes talking about.

He didnt develope his turbos he copied someone else who did all the work thats why their a garrett copy ::)

You should have listened to what garrett had to say at their last conferance about all the chinese copies, they think its great their sales have sky rocketed.

Rememebr not eveyone wants to reinvent their car, they want their cake and eat it too and not all of us are into this just for the money.

Guest crunchy

Over the years ive come across many differant knock offs and only saw one as you discribed,i never got into doing anything with it as i refuse to touch them unless its to explain what went wrong with them.

From what i understand theres only about 3-4 places up there that make these things and you can find most unbranded versions on ebay, the MHI knock off 20g go for around 150-250us based on that alone you have to seriously wonder about the quality.

To be honest with anyone that can be bothered reading my dribble regardless what i have to say( to which i dont push my products anywhere) whats in your wallet will deside your purchase, just how life works.

From my point of view its flattering to copy someone but if you want to be known for producing a good product atleast put some time into your own not just renaming,atleast i can say ive done that and everything i produce is 100% kiwi keeping kiwi's in a job.

My customers around the planet have high demands on what i do,and i meet those plus some taking world records along the way and a lot of nz records.

CUDDAS said:

Hey crunchy just wondering if you had heard of the "hybrid" branded turbos?

going back a few years now you used to see them in fast 4's & hot 4's magizines & they made nice looking intercooler kits & still do i think,

the turbo inperticular was a T34R & looked like an hks GT series copy but had "HYBRID T34R" cast into the housing.

N around 2 years ago i found one on TM & thought wicked i'll have that, was listed as a ball bering & a nice size .5ar compressor & a .63ar exhaust housing.

When i got it it wasn't in the greatest condition & was from off a gtr so had been thrashed i'd say, so had it rebuilt to find out it was just a journal bearing turbo.

whhen you google search it you dont find alot of info about it & was wondering if you had come across many at all.

Cheers Cuddas :)

"Hybrid" as you're referring to I believe is an Australian company. I'm not sure if they specifically have ever built or sold turbos.

http://www.hybrid-power.com

However UK company Turbotechnics produce a range of turbos such as the one in my car now, that have "Hybrid" embossed on the compressor housing.

http://www.turbotechnics.com/

Guest keltik
 GETLOW said:

Were tuning a Garrett GT3071R on a stock EJ20 at the end of the week so it will be interesting to see how it performs verse a crunchy modified VF23 turbo that made 230+kw on the same motor

Man that sounds really familiar.... ;)

Guest SPANKU

seems like what he did before are crap

he send us a skyline intercooler for a EJ20 and wont refund it, i still wont do any business with him very bad customer service.

keltik']

[quote name='GETLOW said:

Were tuning a Garrett GT3071R on a stock EJ20 at the end of the week so it will be interesting to see how it performs verse a crunchy modified VF23 turbo that made 230+kw on the same motor

/quote]

Man that sounds really familiar.... ;)

nah no way.. you must be confused with something else.