Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Trackday Laptimes

kamineko

DacerX said:
If i had better pads and semis im sure i could knock down some seconds. Aim is to get under 1:40 by the end of the year

Better pads made a massive difference, then the engine let go before I could get timing sorted, derp!

1:40 sounds pretty good, hopefully our Track Hack will be faster than the wagoon, otherwise there will be... trouble!

• 4 weeks later...

So my last time was wrong as the gps wasnt clicking on and off at the right point and so i was timing off the video at the wrong point. So last time i did a 1:49 and this time i did a 1:48.234. So need to work on that a little.

Max 187.3km, average 125.6km

Edited by DacerX

• 7 months later...
9 hours ago, snwmbl said:

Taupo track 1 - 1.38.2

Nice one Michael :) How did you enjoy racing in GTRNZ?

Oh, and if this thread is still being updated..

Manfeild: 1.11.36 June 2016 (FAEWRS Round 1)

Edited by Tony

On 11/21/2016 at 9:23 PM, Tony said:

Nice one Michael :) How did you enjoy racing in GTRNZ?

Oh, and if this thread is still being updated..

Manfeild: 1.11.36 June 2016 (FAEWRS Round 1)

Thanks Tony.  That lap time got me a 10 second penalty.. Haha.  A lot to work on but I'm well and truly hooked!  

• 3 weeks later...

Very wet track day  in the morning with a drying track in the afternoon at Ruapuna last week managed a 1.46.241. Pretty happy with how the old forester is going so far. One year owning it and times have gone from 2.01 almost as a stock car to what I did last week with a tune and some good handling mods!

• Like 3

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
27 minutes ago, Munkvy said:

Which autocross events?

There is the upper hutt events in Wellington run on the last Sunday of every month at the moment I think. looks like a good turnout have been thinking of entering.

19 hours ago, Inked said:

There is the upper hutt events in Wellington run on the last Sunday of every month at the moment I think. looks like a good turnout have been thinking of entering.

Ahh yes, I may have done that before... They are good and cheap. Although if you don't like curbs you have to drive tidily (personally I just run over them).

There is also one on the 18th at Manfeild, which I will probably go to

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • Admin

You know what. I'm gonna bump this thread. Because there's a bunch of OG ClubSub Racers in here and I'm keen to get amongst. 

Ran Ruapuna back in October, club circuit with dipper.

1:08:60

I think I did okay, but I know there was a few more seconds that I could've squeezed out of it. fastest lap was when I had a clutch which had been boiled over, so major clutch issues when trying to change gears unsettled me. Really think I could've hit 1:06. 

What do y'all think

8LiXubx.jpg

• Like 1

• Admin
2 minutes ago, AdamOst said:

Can I get the time for my sti on taupo track 1 updated to 1:48.9 thx.

Also taupo track 1 98 mx5 turbo 1:47.6 (NZ superlap series) and hampton downs 1:49.2

Most certainly can! I'll go back through the last two pages and make sure things are there. Just had to fix the formatting and tables first up haha.

First time ever hitting the track this weekend Manfeild for superlap and came away with a 1.32 

Had a few scares with the brakes so this is next on the list before I go anywhere near the track again. Going onto the track I always had the mind set that you need mega power but I have learnt that is definitely not the case. 

• Like 2

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Inked said:

First time ever hitting the track this weekend Manfeild for superlap and came away with a 1.32 

Had a few scares with the brakes so this is next on the list before I go anywhere near the track again. Going onto the track I always had the mind set that you need mega power but I have learnt that is definitely not the case. 

You definitely don't need mega power, but a casual 300kw doesn't hurt ;) 

• Like 2

On 3/26/2018 at 2:00 PM, Inked said:

haha yeah man, More power is the enermy if you got no brakes and suspension, I was hoping the ST spec'd stuff would hold up better and yeah it wasn't bad at all but I've begun saving up for coilies:) and brakes will be done very soon. 

On 3/26/2018 at 8:13 PM, AdamOst said:

I ended up with a 1:23.4 with 200hp or less since I couldn't run more than wastegate pressure haha. Reasonably happy for my first time at manfeild.

Sent from my M6 Note using Tapatalk

Well you got me by a long way, 1:28 was my quickest and was very proud of that, but man you were flying in the 3rd session, Can't wait for Hampton Downs! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...