Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

let's make our voice heard, MM voting

B4 2000

just coz i was bored, searched paid members, then hand counted the SI/NI locations

NI 43

SI 22

N/A 21

dont know how much that helps but maybe gives ideas? as i searched members by there tag thing were it says paid member so should have gotin most of them.

-smurff

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

F**KING CHRIST YOU GUYS.

There's more sand in faheenas happening in here than an all-girl's school at the beach.

"We want Megameet in the SI. No one wants to come to the party so we will MAKE LOUD NOISES."

It's already been stated that Auckland, a large portion of the membership, can't come all the way to Ruapuna without something exceptional happening first. Same reason that you guys can't come to HAMPTON DOWNS.

It's already been stated that it's farking expensive and unfair that SI members have to get up and grunt all the way to the central north island for a 'mega' meet every damn year.

Thus, it's already been stated SEVERAL TIMES that it's not inconsiderable to have TWO TRACK DAYS, NOT NECESSARILY AT THE SAME TIME, so that those that can get to both can, those that can't can go to one, and those of you that are b!tching without intention of coming to either event can STFU and stop annoying everyone.

The fact that some of you are absolutely refusing to see sense, and instead are abusing the committee, is completely beyond reason and it's time to pull some heads in. The numbers don't lie - if you want a south island Megameet, there needs to be a way to get 60% of ClubSUB down to the bloody track in the first place.

A few clever thinkers have already started investigating some very creative options, and are just getting final figures. This is the way we do things, lads. Think OUTSIDE the square. Being big bloody babies and throwing a tantrum is just going to make everyone else dig their toes in.

Hats off to those that are looking at transporters, subsidies, etc for the what, 30-odd NI cars that appeared last time and would like to do so next time. The reverse isn't unthinkable either.

Frankly? If I wasn't a student next year I'd happily do a Taupo MM 1.0, then a Ruapuna MM 2.0. On a regular basis!

The few of you that are making it a 'them vs us' shouting match? You have no place in this community, and you honestly should know better.

Shale said:

F**KING CHRIST YOU GUYS.

There's more sand in faheenas happening in here than an all-girl's school at the beach.

"We want Megameet in the SI. No one wants to come to the party so we will MAKE LOUD NOISES."

It's already been stated that Auckland, a large portion of the membership, can't come all the way to Ruapuna without something exceptional happening first. Same reason that you guys can't come to HAMPTON DOWNS.

It's already been stated that it's farking expensive and unfair that SI members have to get up and grunt all the way to the central north island for a 'mega' meet every damn year.

Thus, it's already been stated SEVERAL TIMES that it's not inconsiderable to have TWO TRACK DAYS, NOT NECESSARILY AT THE SAME TIME, so that those that can get to both can, those that can't can go to one, and those of you that are b!tching without intention of coming to either event can STFU and stop annoying everyone.

The fact that some of you are absolutely refusing to see sense, and instead are abusing the committee, is completely beyond reason and it's time to pull some heads in. The numbers don't lie - if you want a south island Megameet, there needs to be a way to get 60% of ClubSUB down to the bloody track in the first place.

A few clever thinkers have already started investigating some very creative options, and are just getting final figures. This is the way we do things, lads. Think OUTSIDE the square. Being big bloody babies and throwing a tantrum is just going to make everyone else dig their toes in.

Hats off to those that are looking at transporters, subsidies, etc for the what, 30-odd NI cars that appeared last time and would like to do so next time. The reverse isn't unthinkable either.

Frankly? If I wasn't a student next year I'd happily do a Taupo MM 1.0, then a Ruapuna MM 2.0. On a regular basis!

The few of you that are making it a 'them vs us' shouting match? You have no place in this community, and you honestly should know better.

THIS

• General Member

I love the abuse and thrive on it, no wonder so many ppl stay away from here,

i love how ppl expect me/us to make the decision - John Key/Obama does NOT do whatever the f*** he wants.. he does what the VOTERS wants

figure it out

Hence, uh... people voting for you in the first place, and people voting for their preferred Megameet venue, right? ::)

As above this ain't a dicktatorship. And a democracy is about compromise - no one gets their way 100%, it's the unhappy medium where everyone's a little disappointed. ;)

We're grown-ups here. We should understand this.

boostcut said:

the amount of people that run bearings on the track then get gun shy and dont go again would be pretty high would it not?

2011 can be a bearing happy year and have more coin for beers and gas/ferry rather than worrying about tires trailers etc.

There wasn't a single bearing run at MM10 out of like 30 cars to the best of my knowledge :)

KNOCK WOOD

FINGERS CROSSED

SACRIFICE VIRGINS TO THE GODS OF POSSUM AND PRODRIVE

• Admin

heres a curly one, and im not having a go, just a thought, if a MM were held in the SI, and it was benificial for standard forum members to become paid members, would it not be a fair bet to say that the SI Paid members numbers would increase substantually?

I would be interested to know how many NIers were not paid untill MM10.

just throughing that out there.

Guest Fastfour
 RAYDEO']

[quote name='Shale said:

Think OUTSIDE the square. Being big bloody babies and throwing a tantrum is just going to make everyone else dig their toes in.

/quote]

im having fun... ;D

people are getting so wound up about what im saying its hard to stop...

Ray, you are just stirring.

My 2c, even though I don't actually *do* track days, just attend them.

My whole idea of a megameet was a once a year event of more than just a track day to get as many of the New Zealand wide club together.

I wouldn't go to christchurch for a South Island meet, cause I get to see the g00ns from down this way all the time, but I would go to christchurch for a Mega Meet, because I get to see the friends I've made on the forums! :)

If the club can help pay for those that do travel the furtherest then I think that would be great, especially with the being a member for so long before the cut off so people don't become paid at the last minute. That goes for, South going up North, or vise versa as well :)

This has been said as a 'Kas' post, not as a 'part of the clubSUB committee for the 2nd year running hat' ;)

Personally I've seen multiple clubs run successful dual meets, a SI meet and NI meet. NZhondas is a great example of this, usually would get a good turn-out of welly crew also. Keep the Megameet up north, and use the local SI meets to attract new members.

I'm keen to head up north for Mega-meet, good to get a road trip going. The last time the NI crew did a big mission down the SI the turn out was rather piss-poor to be honest, so Im not keen to go "Hey guys come down this ways, we might turn up" I'd rather head up north thinking awesome time to meet a ton of new faces.

I see it's been mentioned then what is the point of the club.

I could argue this along time ago, however I enjoy the club to meet new people and help out those who are new to subaru's like I once was. Im not in it for the perks as I generally can get most stuff cheaper then with club discount but I don't bitch about it, as Im happy to help out and chat to others. Im not a paid member, however Im always happy to help and give a holla when I recognise someone around off clubsub ie B42000 ;)

Like it's been mentioned it's not hard organising a local event at Ruapuna and can usually get 40+ cars if you work in conjunction with other clubs. Just takes good planning, some help and lots of advertising.

RAYDEO said:

I want to do, but i think its bulls*** that Aucklanders moan that it costs so much to come down to CHCH, where southerners have gone up EVERY year with out complaints.

I look forward to finishing this thread.

But i got to this point and thought GAYDEO, STFU you have no idea. When there was a CS trackday in CHCH 1/3 of the CS'ers attendeing were from auckland, this wasn't a megameet, just a regular trackday. How many southeners made it up WITH CARS to the last MM.

And "without complaints" BULLs***. Absolute bulls***.

Raydeo, can you please enlighten us to why in this thread, you have been more active in promoting CS than the time you were wanking around with your VP badge. You've already stated that the discounts you acheived are rubbish. Or is it as i suspect that you've jacked up the sponsorship needed to fund your career as a "race car driver" and these discounts are meaningless.

All i hear from you is blah blah blah, now that its not my responsibility i can have a cry about all the things i never did when i could have.

Fact of the matter is, most of the club, can not afford to blow 1500+ on a weekend where there car might end up fucked. The other part of the club is more interested in street racing (but not talking about it on forums) the remaining few are just here to beat up on Spec C.