Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Post Your Impreza/WRX/STI Photos Here!

BlkPnthr

7 minutes ago, Saleti said:

Anyone know who owns a v8 STi with the number plate '03 STi' 

I see him parked up everywhere and never met the owner!!

Auckland, North shore area

Thanks

im sure someone will know and maybe hes already a member here but one way to go about it could be to make up a note with forum link to leave under his wipers or something

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I wasn't going to post, as it seems the S-GT gets a lot of hate on this forum. But meh.

Purchased myself a little 07 S-GT 3 weeks ago. Had a v7 WRX a few years ago, but decided I needed a bigger car as I had plans to have a family... yeah, so, that didn't happen. Decided I was sick of having boring mum car so flicked it and got the S-GT.

Unfortunately funds didn't allow for me to buy the STI, maybe next time!

Open to suggestions for changes etc :) as i say, i've only had it 3 weeks.

vfk2fs.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, NGHTY said:

I wasn't going to post, as it seems the S-GT gets a lot of hate on this forum. But meh.

Purchased myself a little 07 S-GT 3 weeks ago. Had a v7 WRX a few years ago, but decided I needed a bigger car as I had plans to have a family... yeah, so, that didn't happen. Decided I was sick of having boring mum car so flicked it and got the S-GT.

Unfortunately funds didn't allow for me to buy the STI, maybe next time!

Open to suggestions for changes etc :) as i say, i've only had it 3 weeks.

vfk2fs.jpg

nice dude, what hate? haha lot of impreza love in here. was close to getting sgt myself some time ago but i was spoiled by the tight STI 6 speed there was no looking back after that. change wise i dunno,  doing bunch of random things on mine myself, currently in the cheap ebay mods phase cos im the self crowned ricer of the forum right now.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Batbaruman said:

nice dude, what hate? haha lot of impreza love in here. was close to getting sgt myself some time ago but i was spoiled by the tight STI 6 speed there was no looking back after that. change wise i dunno,  doing bunch of random things on mine myself, currently in the cheap ebay mods phase cos im the self crowned ricer of the forum right now.

Haha when I searched SGT it just seemed like they got a bit of flack in a few of the threads. But hey, if that's not the case then I'm stoked 🙂 One day I'll own my dream STI! But the little SGT will do for now. 

• Admin
5 minutes ago, NGHTY said:

Haha when I searched SGT it just seemed like they got a bit of flack in a few of the threads. But hey, if that's not the case then I'm stoked 🙂 One day I'll own my dream STI! But the little SGT will do for now. 

They only really get flack because they use the same turbo setup as the BL/BP Legacy’s which doesn't have much of an upgrade path beyond tearing it all out and starting again.

The STI’s and normal WRX’s have a huge base of aftermarket engine parts that doesn't really exist for these outside of Japan. 

Wait we give them s***?

Why did no one tell me :D 

They can have the process west verticooler which is wick looking as the manifold is super low. 

They still get the super stiff newer chassis which is way better than anything before them. Something Mitsubishi figured out a decade earlier and why evos have way more welds than the lancer. 

12 hours ago, Gripless said:

Wait we give them s***?

Why did no one tell me :D 

They can have the process west verticooler which is wick looking as the manifold is super low. 

They still get the super stiff newer chassis which is way better than anything before them. Something Mitsubishi figured out a decade earlier and why evos have way more welds than the lancer. 

I think most of the flack comes from the narrow body shaped compared to their STI counter parts.. Get some nice 18's to fill the guards, add a dash of low and you've got a great looking car IMO plus they're no slouch and probably the most economical WRX 

it was a crime to re-badge the s-gt as wrx as they did in some markets like nz.

s-gt is wrx extra lite

the grb's didn't get good until the my11 revision which re-worked the suspension ( lower ride height, revised spring rates +15% front, +53% rear !, bigger anti-roll bars etc.).

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...