Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dumb Question Thread!

Jambun

chulozumo said:

I've got a 2 port boost solenoid, am I able to go to an aftermarket 3 port one? (like grimspeed) Or will that just cause issues/run like crap?

Churr

If you're using a new controller then it doesn't matter what was there. You just need to setup the new controller to match the solenoid.

If you have faith and wanna test your system chuck it on, keep an eye on it, if anything was to go wrong Itl happen within a week of driving or a few minutes of spirited driving lol.

If you didn't have any problems before generally speaking you "should" be ok.

Just do a quick read up of google with moving to a higher pressure cap etc

funkytown said:

DERP... right i found the right picture.

the largest one is for the BOV return.

The one close to the turbo inlet is for the header / crank case breather.

the very front long red one is IACV.

IMG_0123.jpg

The one thats not connected in this picture

yar! im searching! lol its the only one i cant trace!!

i know when i did mine i had that one blocked off. will be part of the head / crank case breather im sure. there is some t junction jiggerypockery under the manifold you cant see with it in place.

good 'dumb question'

Iphone 4s question....

Want to have the 'Find my iphone' app on my phone.

But to track and see the location of the iphone you need the 'location services' on.

Having the location services on.. will that cost me anything? It uses GPS correct?

Cheers

ADIKT said:

Iphone 4s question....

But to track and see the location of the iphone you need the 'location services' on.

Having the location services on.. will that cost me anything? It uses GPS correct?

Cheers

it uses triangulation via wifi hotspots and cell towers. only uses data when you are runnung apps that use location services. you can also turn off which apps use location services, so only what you want to be running will be.

kwi_fozze']

[quote name='ADIKT said:

Iphone 4s question....

Cheers

/quote]

it uses triangulation via wifi hotspots and cell towers. only uses data when you are runnung apps that use location services. you can also turn off which apps use location services, so only what you want to be running will be.

Have turned off everything which uses it... just want to make sure. Dont want to be paying a stupidly large bill at the end of the month lol

ADIKT']

[quote name='We are borg said:

find my Iphone will use data( probably not alot) as it needs to send its location via Data

/quote]

Im fine with it using data... but i though GPS used $$

GPS uses battery more than anything I thought. Maps can use alot of data though.

I'm not sure about the iPhone version but my app to find my Android only uses the GPS when required. I leave the GPS activated all the time and it only turns on when something like "find my phone" or GMaps requires it. It then goes back to standby when I stop using the app. I'd guess that iPhone's would do something similar?

ADIKT']

[quote name='We are borg said:

find my Iphone will use data( probably not alot) as it needs to send its location via Data

/quote]

Im fine with it using data... but i though GPS used $$

nope GPS use is basically free to use for all of the world ( thanks US military)

Google Maps uses data as it downloads maps as you go ( or you can preload maps for a route before you leave, this is what I do)

I find that my Ipad uses heaps more data than my Galaxy s3 for doing the same stuff, have no idea why

I've preloaded maps for chch and wgtn - something like 30mb for the lot so nothing too strenuous. To activate the app though it will have to have a data connection at the time (won't it?) or it has no way to tell you where it is or that you want to find it (I guess)

New dumb question: LVV Certs - I remember a mate getting one ages back he had to go in with a failed WOF sheet first, then it passes cert, then it goes to now pass aforementioned WOF

Is this actually the case - I got a WOF last week and now have some adjustable struts to put in which I'll get certed asap - is there anything else I should know about at the same time? Not planning on doing anything more with the car

• Guest locked this topic