Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dumb Question Thread!

Jambun

ADIKT said:

How do I remove these big lumps of glue??

Looks like there is rubber bungs underneath a couple of them?

I should point out these lumps have carpet underlay stuck to the top of them.

I pulled out my heat gun with attached blade and gave it to Ollie who attacked one these lumps - found a small metal bung covering a hole in the floor

We will stick the bung back in but use some sort of glue/sealer around the edges

• Admin
 ADIKT said:
I should point out these lumps have carpet underlay stuck to the top of them.

I pulled out my heat gun with attached blade and gave it to Ollie who attacked one these lumps - found a small metal bung covering a hole in the floor

We will stick the bung back in but use some sort of glue/sealer around the edges

Duct tape over them. What do you need bungs for anyway.

Disappointed you haven't sawed the floor out for 2JZ tbh.

is it legal to have 2 of the same brand adjustables in the front and same for the rear i have some JIC fronts and Cusco rears? wondering if im going to have to find a full set of the same brand for a cert

• Admin
 tydon said:
is it legal to have 2 of the same brand adjustables in the front and same for the rear i have some JIC fronts and Cusco rears? wondering if im going to have to find a full set of the same brand for a cert

Yup.

And prepare for most of Clubsub to be like omg that is bad and will make you die but at the end of the day as long as the damping and spring rates are relatively similar it won't be a problem.

boon said:
Yup.

And prepare for most of Clubsub to be like omg that is bad and will make you die but at the end of the day as long as the damping and spring rates are relatively similar it won't be a problem.

LOL i thought it may be frowned upon haha thanks boon,

Also something weird happened in the gtb today i turned car on and all the dash lights came up.. as soon as i took off they all flickered for abit and then dissapeared ?! whats going on here?

boon said:
Duct tape over them. What do you need bungs for anyway.

Disappointed you haven't sawed the floor out for 2JZ tbh.

Want it to look nice and tidy so will jam them back in.

This is what the caps look like: (note they are all upside down - the top side of them are covered in a tar like glue **** with some other type of gunk on them

20150702_163938_zpsamhx534d.jpg

And the holes they left: 12 in total

20150702_164018_zpsy9p72jwa.jpg

I either want to re-use the existing caps (**** to clean) - or replace with some simple plastic/rubber ones

Yip I've got the boost gauge, and an EGT gauge to go in the truck. Cool units, does a full sweep with ignition on and a little beep sequence for on/off.

The warning light and warning beep work brilliantly for any over boosts. Plus with the peak recall, you can see how much you over boosted and if you let someone else drive it you can see if they floored it at all:

New_Boost_Gauge_003.jpg

So ADIKT and I will be running a surge tank in the boot which as I understand means we have to section off the boot from the rest of the vehicle. Question is,are there minimum specifications as to what kind of metal is used and how it is attached? E.g aluminiu? Steel? Rivets? Welded?

Any help much appreciated.

ADIKT said:
Thanks, but that document still doesnt really answer the question.

Seen people rivet on aluminum sheet. Is there a minimum thickness?

I would say after a quick read of that, that 1.6mm Aluminium sheet would be fine, after all if its good enough for the tank it should definitely be good enough for the fire resistant bulkhead!

It does also say the bulkhead has to be vapourproof as well, so sealed off completely, which may mean with fire resistant sealant, although it doesn't specify that.

Koom said:
If it's a bg5b, swap in long block, plug into existing loom and use the yellow injectors and afm from the legacy, convert to wasted spark and swap two wires at the ecu plugs. Plug in a v3 or v4 sti ecu and that's it.

If it's a wrx front cut, then it's my97 or my98. V3 or V4 is the nomenclature for the sti's.

If it's a bg5a, then it's a huge job. I did it by swapping the pins at the ecu end and modifying the existing engine loom to suit.

How does one tell if they have a BG5A or B?

• Guest locked this topic