Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dumb Question Thread!

Jambun

Andy_Mac said:
Do non directional tyres have left and right versions? just wondering since the design will fit very differently between many for left and right

Some tyres are both directional and asymmetrical and can therefore only be fitted onto a certain side of a car, but they're rare.

• Admin
 SpeedySub said:
Is there a visual way to tell if the head gaskets have been replaced? apart from taking the motor apart

A receipt?

Otherwise, nope, if done properly it should be indistinguishable from a "virgin" motor.

about the wheel offset, as I know my current v8 WRX stock offset is +53. The previous owner change the wheel to 17x7.5 (info from LVV), I don't know the offset of this wheel but I want to change to a black wheel so what offset should I get as 17x7.5? After a few searching, they said the minimum should be +48 but some guys said it would be ok to get +40 offset so what offset should I looking for??

slystiguy said:
If they've used a s/s gasket on an older engine that's a give away

Is there a visual way to tell with out removing heads? I can see a little of the gasket in a couple of places where it is proud of the head. To me it looks like a stainless steel one. But I don't know what an original one looks like. Just trying to figure out if it has been done, as i did have some over heating issues and wanted to check if the H/G had been changed. The engine is a EJ25 from a 1998 BH legacy.

slystiguy said:
This will sound a little stupid but Is there any factory steel wheel that fits around 4 pots? e.g one that I could put nana spec hubcaps on.. like the rims on this. Or would anyone know if a spacer would work or still no go?

377802173.jpg

Bump for an answer on this one :P

Suffice to say it's very very likely the sensor itself. If it's pinging enough to give you a CEL I'm amazed it runs at all still - normally all it should do is pull all the boost and timing it can

Can you hear it pinging? IF audible to the hooman ear it sounds like a very harsh little crack sound under load, almost like a stone hitting metal - that rattly diesel noise

• Guest locked this topic