Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dumb Question Thread!

Jambun

No don't think I can hear anything out of the ordinary, have since put about 50+L of 98 in the tank and idled/driven it a bit even in test mode still giving me code 22, very quickly losing faith in it just being bad fuel. Seems to hesitate sometimes between mid high 2k-mid 3k rpm in 5th and 6th somewhat similar to when my STi needed a coil replaced but worse. 96 GT-B (EJ20R) this one.

One more dumb question for the weekend. Are there any R160 diffs that can be used with a V7 STi 6 speed, as well as subaru/brembo 2 pot rear callipers? Or, is it possible to use a 3.9 R160 diff out of say a V2 RA/STi RA and hubs+axles out of a v7 wrx?(apparently 4.44 for us and 3.9 USDM) Without needing adapters etc I'd rather not need a cert.

Edit: seem to have my answer already, cheers.

Edited by Skatieguy

So I have a V3/4 manual box that I'm putting in a BE5 leg. The BE5 manual box has electronic senders for tacho whereas this box has what looks to be an oldschool mechanical tacho cable. Just want to confirm that these two types are interchangeable on the transmission.

Marky said:
Is there a part number or alternate belt I can grab off the shelf to delete air con? Mine's starting to sound like a set of gilmer pulleys (damnit)

Aren't they serparate belts? PS and alt is one then a/c on its own. I just cut my a/c belt on the EJ20R same situation your's can't be much different.

megamac said:
Dumb question 101. My GTB has an STi Badge and what seems to be a carbon fibre sorta thing (also badged STi) on the rear bumper at the base of the boot lid. Do I have some sorta cool STi GTB or am I just dreaming lol

The only true 3rd gen Legacy STI was S401. The rest is DIY labeling.

Subaru did offer some STI optional bits for BE/BH though.

sobanoodle said:
The only true 3rd gen Legacy STI was S401. The rest is DIY labeling.

Subaru did offer some STI optional bits for BE/BH though.

Ahhh disappoint. Looks professional as hence hoping was a factory item. Oh well it stays anyway.

How does one identify a DCCD gearbox? All the wires coming out I suppose?

• Admin
 megamac said:
Ahhh disappoint. Looks professional as hence hoping was a factory item. Oh well it stays anyway.

On the 5 speeds there is a flat plate on top of the transfer case (rear-most section of the gearbox) - on a DCCD box this has a wire coming out the top, on a normal box it's just a flat plate.

• Admin
 megamac said:

On the 5 speeds there is a flat plate on top of the transfer case (rear-most section of the gearbox) - on a DCCD box this has a wire coming out the top, on a normal box it's just a flat plate.

Marky said:
Mitre ten

50c in the gardening dept

Supercheap will charge you a fiver for the same thing

Yup!! Bloody con artists aye!

Alternately if you want a brass one that won't split over time then you can go to any plumbing merchant... e.g plumbing world, micos, edward gibbon or a gas shop. Just say you looking for a brass tee to suit gas hose and they show you a couple different sizes most likely.

SpeedySub said:
I was thinking of painting my calipers black when doing the pads. Do I need a high temp paint? or can I use normal paint. I just don't want it to burn off/smoke/catch fire.

Just use brake caliper paint from Supercheap/Repco.

• Guest locked this topic