Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dumb Question Thread!

Jambun

• Admin

Is there much performance gain to be had by welding the majority or intercooler pipes together vs heaps of silicone joiners? Obviously the chance of a leak will be much higher and probably the joiners and clamps will add up to more than the welding cost, but surely the size change from the alloy pipe to the silicone is negligible to the flow of it?

Andy_Mac said:
Is there much performance gain to be had by welding the majority or intercooler pipes together vs heaps of silicone joiners? Obviously the chance of a leak will be much higher and probably the joiners and clamps will add up to more than the welding cost, but surely the size change from the alloy pipe to the silicone is negligible to the flow of it?

Anything that disrupts flow is bad. Would you notice it doubtful. I would weld looks a ****load nicer and hey gains a gain.

• Admin
 evowrx said:
What do you mean by both sides?

Is he not asking whether to get the head and block skimmed/decked for flatness or just one of them.

Very vague wording.

Or maybe whether to do the block side and the rocker cover side, to which the answer would surely be not to do the rocker cover side. The nature of the rubber seal on the rocker cover eliminates the need for it to be absolutly flat

Edited by Andy_Mac

Andy_Mac said:
Is he not asking whether to get the head and block skimmed/decked for flatness or just one of them.

Very vague wording.

Or maybe whether to do the block side and the rocker cover side, to which the answer would surely be not to do the rocker cover side. The nature of the rubber seal on the rocker cover eliminates the need for it to be absolutly flat

Yeah I should have just said rocker cover side...... Thanks for your answer Andy

Which rear rotors should I go for? I hear slotted chew through pads? used for daily driving and weekend hooning. Any opinions appreciated.

Links:

http://www.znoelli.com/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=3800&idcategory=1664

http://www.znoelli.com/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=2073&idcategory=1664

http://www.znoelli.com/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=2827&idcategory=1664

sweedazz101 said:
Which rear rotors should I go for? I hear slotted chew through pads? used for daily driving and weekend hooning. Any opinions appreciated.

Links:

http://www.znoelli.com/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=3800&idcategory=1664

http://www.znoelli.com/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=2073&idcategory=1664

http://www.znoelli.com/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=2827&idcategory=1664

For rear I would stick with a stock rotor, especially for road use. Slotted I can't tell the difference (on the front) other than that they chew up pads quicker? (My record is a set of pads in 2 days on a rally).

Ok, yesterday I got my steering boots replaced at the mechanics (girlfriend took it in for me). Was driving to work and noticed the speedo wasn't working. Got to work and had a look and while it was running the needle was on the wrong side of the stop, and when I turned it off it dropped to the middle of the clock in the speedo gauge. I am taking it back at lunch time, but what could have caused this? I am thinking they may have disconnected the cable and reattached it wrong. Can this happen? Just wanting some info so I don't get fobbed off by them saying its nothing they did if it was.

I thought maybe the cable was somewhere in the region and they might have knocked it or taken it out to get better access. Would it make a difference that its an auto? It looks like its still working as it goes up to the stop when the car is turned on.

• Admin
 killervq30de said:
Legacy BP5, how many ft-lb should the drivers seat rail bolts be torqued too?

They're big-ass bolts. Just do them up heaps tight but not too much tight, I don't think a precise torque figure matters on them.

Just got back from the mechanic. They have no idea and think its just a coincidence. The day before it went in I did notice the trip meter had reset itself back to 0 when I started it, but can't for the life of me remeber if the rev counter was working. Could it be related? or faulty sensor?

• Guest locked this topic