Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dumb Question Thread!

Jambun

• Admin
 GC8E2DD said:
Fair enough. The bottom end is forged rods and pistons, but has taken a good beating. Probably won't go any further than a 34/36 once the 24 gives up.

Not being silly, but if you go to Pinks and top feeds you could run Ethanol?

V1/2 WRX upgrading to a Link G4( From a plink) , got an IAT sensor, but where do I put it?! I was just gonna chuck it in about where the MAF would go, but in the manual it suggests after the intercooler?! Wouldn't it be boost air then? Haha where's everyone put theirs?

Sancho said:
V1/2 WRX upgrading to a Link G4( From a plink) , got an IAT sensor, but where do I put it?! I was just gonna chuck it in about where the MAF would go, but in the manual it suggests after the intercooler?! Wouldn't it be boost air then? Haha where's everyone put theirs?

Yep between intercooler and intake mani.

• Admin
 Passtheacid said:
Is it worth going Process west tmic for my GC8? Or is a V7 Sti cooler a step up enough

If you have the coin for a process west TMIC. They're spency spency new. If you don't have intercooler sprayer, set up that. If you do, honestly and tastefully done front mount would work best with your Link.

Dairusire said:
If you have the coin for a process west TMIC. They're spency spency new. If you don't have intercooler sprayer, set up that. If you do, honestly and tastefully done front mount would work best with your Link.

Gotta dream big!

I have a factory rear sprayer; should be easy to divert that to intercooler spray

Passtheacid said:
Gotta dream big!

I have a factory rear sprayer; should be easy to divert that to intercooler spray

I used the rear window sprayer as my intercooler sprayer - worked mint!

But yea you will get better results witha fmic

ADIKT said:
I used the rear window sprayer as my intercooler sprayer - worked mint!

But yea you will get better results witha fmic

I read somewhere that there is not much point in a FMIC with a stock turbine? something about not pushing enough air to make it worthwhile, and just gaining lag

• Admin

There is if you're upping the boost. Can go with more advanced timing as the intake charge should be X many degrees colder, intercooler sprayer has the same effect really. And picked up barely any lag with mine on a stock Leggy turbo. If you choose the right sized core and piping its not all that bad. And should be able to make one up and still have a few hundred $$$ left over compared to a Process West one.

• Admin
 Andy_Mac said:
There is if you're upping the boost. Can go with more advanced timing as the intake charge should be X many degrees colder, intercooler sprayer has the same effect really. And picked up barely any lag with mine on a stock Leggy turbo. If you choose the right sized core and piping its not all that bad. And should be able to make one up and still have a few hundred $$$ left over compared to a Process West one.

This, most definitely this.

Go log your IAT when you install the IAT temp sensor in your stock top mount, then tell me if it's worth upgrading. For reference my IAT at idle is around 40 degrees max. On boost it's in the 20s and 30s. Good luck with that on a top mount.

With a FMIC, it's worth rotating the turbo and running a small core, still does the job without blocking air flow to your radiator then.

• Guest locked this topic