Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dumb Question Thread!

Jambun

im waiting for a package from the states and when i check the tracking number i get this!

Current status:

Held for clearance

Your item is currently being held for clearance.

Scan history:

Status Scanned

1 Picked up 05.34 PM on 05/09/12

2 Left country of origin 07.56 AM on 08/09/12

3 Arrived in New Zealand 09.00 AM on 12/09/12

4 Held for clearance 02.28 PM on 12/09/12

as you could see, 4) held for clearance, that was since last Wednesday afternoon, im yet to hear or receive a thing ???

anyone got any insight on whats going on??

Shale']

[quote name='B4 2000 said:

i used to live there, couple years ago i think?

driveway used to be gravel back then :(

/quote]

This driveway as gravel would suck so hard! :-\ The bottom entrance is still gravel, and blocked off by angry builders most of the time.

jaja, only the first few meters from the top were done in concrete. But me having the legacy never had an issue being AWD; FWD and RWD used to get out with a bit of burnouts lol. Oh and i might've slipped few times from top cause of black ice in winter lol

B4 2000']

i used to live there, couple years ago i think?

driveway used to be gravel back then :(

/quote]

This driveway as gravel would suck so hard! :-\ The bottom entrance is still gravel, and blocked off by angry builders most of the time.

jaja, only the first few meters from the top were done in concrete. But me having the legacy never had an issue being AWD; FWD and RWD used to get out with a bit of burnouts lol. Oh and i might've slipped few times from top cause of black ice in winter lol

Haha oh god, the ice up here huh. The bottom driveway is paved and gets f*ckall sun in the winter, just frost on top of frost. My poor Legacy had the meanest slide down there one day before the snow tyres :-X Pretty decent location though, just a pity about some of the feral residents here ;D

I would say its being held for GST payment.

B4 2000 said:

im waiting for a package from the states and when i check the tracking number i get this!

Current status:

Held for clearance

Scan history:

Status Scanned

as you could see, 4) held for clearance, that was since last Wednesday afternoon, im yet to hear or receive a thing ???

eKulz']

[quote name='Shale said:

Yes it does have a WRX badge on it for sh!ts and giggles, and yes it's mine :P I'm on the pleb floor of the main building.

/quote]

I'm in the apartments haha. my legacy is parked down by the builders in the bottom driveway.

Aaaaaah THAT'S why I've never noticed it :D Thought I knew all the Subaru owners here. Missed the only CSer. D'OH.

B4 2000 said:

Current status:

Held for clearance

Scan history:

Status Scanned

I had this a while ago, i received a letter from customs telling me I owe them gst plus alot of BS fees, if you havent received your letter yet then ring new zealand post or customs and quote your tracking number and they will sort you out.

chappell943']

quote]

Current status:

Held for clearance

Scan history:

Status Scanned

I had this a while ago, i received a letter from customs telling me I owe them gst plus alot of BS fees, if you havent received your letter yet then ring new zealand post or customs and quote your tracking number and they will sort you out.

Yep just got a letter today!

Ffs, I had to pay bout third the price of what I'm receiving :( *gear grinds*

Got a mate over there at the moment buying every part under the sun for people, and sending them back here as "gifts", working out pretty cheap in some cases as I think it avoids GST etc?

Slightly dodge really but he's picking up some disgustingly cheap bits of ebay that people otherwise wouldn't be able to get sent here

Marky said:

Got a mate over there at the moment buying every part under the sun for people, and sending them back here as "gifts", working out pretty cheap in some cases as I think it avoids GST etc?

Slightly dodge really but he's picking up some disgustingly cheap bits of ebay that people otherwise wouldn't be able to get sent here

Nope you will find that it make sno difference as to if it is a "gift" or not, mainly comes down to the cost of the said item

We are borg']

[quote name='Marky said:

/quote]

Nope you will find that it make sno difference as to if it is a "gift" or not, mainly comes down to the cost of the said item

Yep i went thru the guidline for customs and even gifts they could sting you with GST + other charges

The only way of getting around customs if you're importing something of high value is to buy it online, ship it to a friend in the states or wherever you bought it and get them to forward it on to you and label it as not being worth much. I did that with clothes and shoes, about $650 worth and mate wrote that it was only worth $150. Straight through no worries.

• Guest locked this topic