Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dumb Question Thread!

Jambun

i got stung on my turbo for gst. Didn't care as 3 local suppliers let me down so did it myself.

If you have the option of using iparcel do it as they calcualte if there is any gst to pay. I make sure the car parts I buy now are under the 60 dollar tax rate and then you won't get pinged.

Just got in new pedal assembe and master cylinders bought seperatly, both only came to 350 dollars each so under the taxable limit just at about 52 dollars tax payable so you dont get charge it.

hate-evoz said:

hey, dumb question here. Does anyone know what the bad effects are? If you put TOO MUCH oil in your engine, Ive overfilled my oil on accident... Its at about half on the dip stick. Want to take sump bolt off so i can let some oil out but the sump bolt is rounded and I cant get it off.. im Effffd... im still using the car, is it still safe to drive as is?

Usually what happens is, if the oil is high enough that it touches the crankshaft and it whips the oil so that it gets air in it. Like when you beat eggs with an egg beater ... Not much good for lubricating the bearings properly. Also, it can often get on the cylinder walls, making it hard for your rings to seal ...

It probs would be best to try get some of it out ... Mind you on the other hand some people will add 500ml when they take their can on the track to allow or the oil to run side to side an not starve the oil feed ... I spose it would come down to how much u have over filled it ...

small question that doesnt really need a thread, the boost gauge/holder i bought is missing one of the nuts that holds it to the mounting bracket, is there a place I can go to get a single hexnut, around 3mm? also a boly to bolt the sensor to the intercooler, something like 12 or 14mm? And also I assume I need ot get some sort to T piece to connect the tube.

AdamOst said:

small question that doesnt really need a thread, the boost gauge/holder i bought is missing one of the nuts that holds it to the mounting bracket, is there a place I can go to get a single hexnut, around 3mm? also a boly to bolt the sensor to the intercooler, something like 12 or 14mm? And also I assume I need ot get some sort to T piece to connect the tube.

Bunnings and Mitre 10 do some nuts and bolts. Not sure if singles.

Blacks Fasteners, EDL Fasteners, Fortress Fasteners to name a few sell in any quantity. They don't like walking down the back to find single fasteners but they will generally do it for a dollar or so.

Yeah I might just have to buy a pack of 10 or so, would be usefull to have spares I guess. Annoyingly I have a bolt that nearly screws into the front of the intercooler, but its slightly too small. I guess it was a 12mm bolt and a 14mm hole.

Is the T piece between the sensor/vacuum line a special bit or universal?

AdamOst said:

Yeah I might just have to buy a pack of 10 or so, would be usefull to have spares I guess. Annoyingly I have a bolt that nearly screws into the front of the intercooler, but its slightly too small. I guess it was a 12mm bolt and a 14mm hole.

Is the T piece between the sensor/vacuum line a special bit or universal?

Just a normal tee piece. Nothing special.

I'm sure they look at me sideways when a young-ish (ok almost 30) guy comes in wearing a hoody etc and starts hunting around the irrigation section

Should ask them where they keep the heat lamps and extraction fans for lawls

pro tip: the adjustable drip feed things make for a fantastic sub $1 boost controller in a pinch haha

Getting a test and failing and having an expired wof does not grant you a free pass.

If you try for a wof but fail, BUT your old wof has not lapsed then your car is still legal, technically. If a cop checked it out youd probably get done for failed wof as legally your car isnt legal as of that moment in time.

Does that make sense?

bailin said:

Thanks ill look into it- just glad it\'s not a knock sensor telling me its causing det!

The little knob on the speedo cluster on the left is to adjust it (knob is the same as trip computer one but on the left of the cluster not the right), car must not be moving while adjusting it either.

• Guest locked this topic