Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dumb Question Thread!

Jambun

@marky my comment not serious...tbh they may be better its a few years ago since I talked to anyone who did one. When older siblings were doing it it was just to shave time off getting their full licence.

94 Leone said:

yeah: my dad drives a fert truck, get quite a bit of distance over the roads, but being that it is so wide it damn near needs pilot vehicles, people don\'t understand that they need to give it a berth. In the cab of a truck, you see so much stupid s***, It\'s amazing some people even have licences tbh

My uncle owns a 6 truck fert business...they do stupid shit too lol just not on the road.

I have probably done every "safety course" out there ( Including emergency response driver) and I believe the real simple things escape us, things like 1/ how do i change a wheel 2/ Give way to things that are bigger than us( regardless who has the right IT WILL HURT if you hit it) and pulling over if there is some one behind you, i dont care if you are doing such and such a speed obviously the person behind you can drive faster..

94 Leone']

Class 2, and vehicles with trailers aren\'t allowed to go faster than 90.

this is true so you should pull over where safe and let those behind you pass NOT DRIVE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE LANE FOR MILES AND MILES saying to themselves " I AM DRIVING AS FAST AS I AM ALLOWED "

[quote name='madmike said:

The pull over thing.. HELL YES!!!

Those bloody shuttle busses up the mountain bother me off... Do a decent speed for bothers sake!!! ;-p

Bloody WRX drivers slow me down in my van Damn them :)

Has anyone tested having a bigger scoop on their car to be more effective at cooling the intercooler? I know it\'s more of a looks thing. But I\'m just interested to see if anyone has and what results they got.

I wouldn\'t mind getting a v8 scoop (not the STi)

Timmah said:

Has anyone tested having a bigger scoop on their car to be more effective at cooling the intercooler? I know it\'s more of a looks thing. But I\'m just interested to see if anyone has and what results they got.

I wouldn\'t mind getting a v8 scoop (not the STi)

yea I saw someone mention it not long ago. I just can\'t remember who! They did confirm the v8 scoop brings in more air. And had way lower iat with it over smaller std scoop.

JoKer said:

how about the extra drag coefficient?

(car jam actually listed that data for OEM models not long ago)

Just have to make things difficult don\'t you? :P Also is a drag coeffiient of 0.4 any good? lol car jam lists my car has 90hp. Beast!

madmike']

[quote name='94 Leone said:

Class 2, and vehicles with trailers aren\'t allowed to go faster than 90.

/quote]

Haha....

I would like to see a class 2 do 90 up there with chains on...

We have class 2\'s that are AWD and one of them will do close t0 90 empty ( and once it is intercooled and i crack the pump will easily do it loaded )

4foot said:

What comes with a 3.9 ratio rear diff? and anyone got one the no longer require?

a v2 sti RA - has to be RA - the v2 sti is not 3.9. note also this diff is r160 and 2way mechanical (plated) LSD.

Other than that - any car v7+sti that came with a 6 speed - they are all 3.9 and are r180 - these are mostly a viscous LSD. Note from v10ish onwards the cars had a 1.1:1 stepper in the center diff and the some cars seem to swap to a 3.5454 rear diff ratio. - do your reading on specifcally which cars. My own reseach in this space is a bit light though on specifically which cars or logic was applied to know which version / model got it. I know up to including v9 sti and v9 spec C is still 3.9

Hope that helps

• Guest locked this topic