Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dumb Question Thread!

Jambun

funkytown said:

you\'re definition of tuned \'properly\' must be different to mine.

To me thats not a complete tune but its moot point its unlikely to make his car explode.

I was being holistic, pedantic and complete :P

lol ya it\'s not properly but it\'s still ok ;D

and ya not complete thats why i need a re-tune! but im pretty sensible so it won\'t go KAABOOOOM ;)

B4 2000']

[quote name='funkytown said:

you\'re definition of tuned \'properly\' must be different to mine.

To me thats not a complete tune but its moot point its unlikely to make his car explode.

I was being holistic, pedantic and complete :P

/quote]

lol ya it\'s not properly but it\'s still ok ;D

and ya not complete thats why i need a re-tune! but im pretty sensible so it won\'t go KAABOOOOM ;)

You know what i mean, is sweet till you get a retune I mean surely they wouldnt have poked 271kw or whatever it was out of it unsafely? Couldnt work out why they bothered with the internal open though... Obviously isnt gonna be optimum but should be ok till youre ready? Abduls not a thicko hes gonna play safe anyway.

need to replace rocker cover gaskets... don\'t have any money after doing the cambelt so this will be a DIY job.

i get the idea and seen a few vids on how to do it but they\'re mostly ej22\'s. should supercheap or repco help me out if I ask for the gasket set for my ej20 quad cam?

get genuine and do it properly. its the first reason these leak consistently.

also stump up and get NEW & GENUINE copper grommets to replace where the bolts go.

but you will get what you pay for if you go to supercheap etc....

Rocker cover gaskets also vary over the models and years.

funkytown said:

no you didnt ;)

I just got genuine the break down is:

rocker cover gaskets x 2: $42

Washers x 12: $88 total.

Spark plug seals x 4: $59.

Its not CHEAP.. but worth doing them properly with genunie parts.. imo.

Mike price?

Really if subaru didnt fuck up their engine design they wouldnt have that particular problem/lights flame. lol

Depends on the year - but as a general rule bigger turbos, intercoolers, fuelling, different tunes, stronger motors, different/stronger gearboxes, different suspension, different interior, sometimes wide body bits

GTST vs GTR - GSR vs EVO - Normal hoonda vs Type R - that sort of comparison

evowrx']

[quote name='Timmah said:

What do you want to know? They are only a phonecall away and will be able to tell you what it fits. Subarus description will read "sensor, oxygen" or similar.

*Facepalm* It\'s been a long day. I\'ll give them a dingle tomorrow.

Hello again

So another question for you subaru genious\'s out there. I\'ve noticed when I open up the ol girl on the road, as soon as I hit 4k revs, the car feels, I dunno how to describe it, laggy? She pulls fairly hard up the rev range until I hit 4k then blah, the powers gone and she doesnt like going past the 4k and it doesn\'t matter what gear I\'m in, it always feels "weak" at 4 k.

I hope that all makes sense. Should I be concerned or would this be a tuning thing? I dont drive like a hoon.... I just like to see how quickly I can get to 100kph lol

do you think it could be valley of death ? and your not giving it enough stick to get on the secondary turbo , think its broken so back off ?

maybe fit a boost gauge and observe?

or it could be failing fuelpump

look at a dynograph and see what i mean about valley of death

power.jpg

it has to relaese most of the boost the primary turbo is making so it doesnt stall the secondary then they both bring the pressure back up

the boost graph for that woud look like 10-12 then falling to 4 at the big dip on the graph then back up to 12-14 ish

• Guest locked this topic