• Announcements

• RAYDEO

ClubSUB 2018 Calendar is now avilable!   24/09/17

Click here for more info!

The 2018 ClubSUB Calendar, Powered by Possum Borne Motorsport is now available.

12 Hand picked full colour photos, taken by menbers, submitted by members and chosen by members.
      All vehicles in the calendar are owned by members of the NZ Subaru Enthusiasts community.

A massive thanks to the team at PBMS for coming on board for another year!

This is a very sought after calendar and only available for a limited time.
      Also, if you are a subscribed member of ClubSUB, you will be in for a descent discount, so make sure you're logged in.

Please note, as these are printed to order, shipping will be delayed. we will make 3 orders, October 30th, November 27th, and December 11th. If you dont order intime to make one of these shipping dates, we will get it out to you in the new year.
  • Current Donation Goals

Jambun

Dumb Question Thread!

6,434 posts in this topic

luk3us said:

So silly question.

Bought a 2005 Legacy station wagon, anyway when its all locked up if I try to open the driver side door it chirps at me. Is that normal?

Yep thats normal :) its the Keyless entry function!

Read more bout it here!

http://www.clubsub.org.nz/forum/index.php/topic,33.0.html thread re-rediected to new format here http://www.clubsub.org.nz/forum/index.php/topic,33.msg862.html#msg862

But yours is slightly different to program than what\'s posted on that thread! I\'ve done it to two 4th gen legacys but sorry can\'t remember the exact changes now!

Edited by Joker

Is the harmonic balancer meant to have a wee wobble to it? I know mine was replaced 2 years ago. Never noticed until my friend pointed it out. I think I\'m PSMing today..

no they shouldnt wobble!

either they can get a wobbly key way - which is a new crank sometimes, or the rubber holding the two halves together sometimes gets worn out.

its not a major major but worth having someone knowledgeable visually inspect at some point

funkytown said:

no they shouldnt wobble!

either they can get a wobbly key way - which is a new crank sometimes, or the rubber holding the two halves together sometimes gets worn out.

its not a major major but worth having someone knowledgeable visually inspect at some point

I\'m glad I asked now. Will get this sorted. Thanks Funky!

paroxysm said:

Where can you buy injector plugs for a v3 sti

have you tried Strong for Subaru ? or any wrecker.. they usually cut to looms out so should have the different plugs .. (just a guess)

not entirely stupid but not thread worthy either

what is the airflow /hp limit of a orange afm ?

as in at what hp is it nudging 5v?

tuned . not stock

all those sidefeed injectors from nissan and subaru are the same plug minus the lil wings on the side of the clip that do nothing on the injector body . just cut them off

lachlan said:

all those sidefeed injectors from nissan and subaru are the same plug minus the lil wings on the side of the clip that do nothing on the injector body . just cut them off

Theres a long body and short too dude...

Just test drove a WRX I was looking at buying. He said that it was running lower boost because he removed the restrictor pill and added a screamer which made it "better"

Is this retarded or no?

Divine']

Just test drove a WRX I was looking at buying. He said that it was running lower boost because he removed the restrictor pill and added a screamer which made it "better"

Is this retarded or no?

Sounds retarded to me. I wouldn\'t touch. Owner probably has thrashed it.

[quote name='Divine said:

Well the last WRX I drove, was my own V2 STI about a year ago, which was very light with a massive turbo thrown in, I don\'t count the GTB as twin turbo and this is a standard WRX Wagon with 2 other passengers in it.

It was faster than a N/A I guess.

It was this one color=blue]<b><a href="http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=534669675">Here</a></b>[/color]

What about this one you linked/

Timmah']

Is this retarded or no?

Well the last WRX I drove, was my own V2 STI about a year ago, which was very light with a massive turbo thrown in, I don\'t count the GTB as twin turbo and this is a standard WRX Wagon with 2 other passengers in it.

It was this one color=blue]<b><a href="http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=534669675">Here</a></b>[/color]

The one that I linked is the one that I test drove :D

Divine']

Is this retarded or no?

The one that I linked is the one that I test drove :D

Ahhhhh. On the outside, it looks tidy for it\'s age... But the screamer + removal of boost pill seem odd. Did you get to drive it when it was cold? Service history?

He said he was a mechanic (don\'t they all) and sure, it understeers quite bad and breaking isn\'t what I remembered it to be, but I can\'t judge it as first WRX Wagooon.

The screamer is plumbed in (or something, couldn\'t hear anything horrendous) and I did not hear any knocking, engine was warm when I checked all the seals and belts, might need a front CV but that\'s it.

But I guess put Restrictor pill back in for safetys. He said he was at the waimak, but hey the car was dirty, surprised it hasn\'t sold so not sure if that\'s the current market or what. no rust from what I could see, but the restrictor pill was the main concern, I don\'t think he understands pressure.

Yeeeeeahp

Divine said:

He said he was a mechanic (don\'t they all) and sure, it understeers quite bad and breaking isn\'t what I remembered it to be, but I can\'t judge it as first WRX Wagooon.

The screamer is plumbed in (or something, couldn\'t hear anything horrendous) and I did not hear any knocking, engine was warm when I checked all the seals and belts, might need a front CV but that\'s it.

But I guess put Restrictor pill back in for safetys. He said he was at the waimak, but hey the car was dirty, surprised it hasn\'t sold so not sure if that\'s the current market or what. no rust from what I could see, but the restrictor pill was the main concern, I don\'t think he understands pressure.

Yeeeeeahp

Remember how much boost it was pulling?

He said 8, which I kinda laughed inside about. I thought 14.7 or something was the factory lol however I didn\'t really look at the lamco boost gauge off the steering wheel thing to check when I gave it some jandle. My friend who was with me said that he could smell oil from the back seats which I thought was quite odd as I didn\'t smell anything.

It sure as hell didn\'t throw me into the back of my seat though. (from memory it did, but hey I guess a Sedan WRX STI weighs less than a factory WRX Wagon)

It was what I would think a factory WRX would make. (feel like anyway) it just seems odd it hasn\'t sold yet. Are people struggling to sell there WRX\'s at the moment? Could be because xmas and what not though so financially not the best time.

evowrx said:

May be running 8 if external.

I would agree with this. Stock boost is only 10psi for the wagon. I would know ;) No pants kick factor either.

Divine said:

haha, thanks all, fountain of knowledge.

If you\'re looking for that kinda factor, go for the sedans or a STi wagon. The non-sti wagon didn\'t get the goodies.

Im running 215/40/18 on my V5 it cruises just under 3k at 100kph. If I go to 215/40/17 my revs go up ae? Tempted but not entirely convinced i should.