Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dumb Question Thread!

Jambun

kwi_fozze said:

it\'s bad when i run a bov or the icv is sticky... i\'ve had it fluctuate betwen -5 and -25 inHg at lights, with revs dropping, sounds like cyclic idle...

I do need to clean my ICV, but I have get to find a day to actually do it.

• Admin
 kwi_fozze said:

ooooohh that just made the decision really hard....

really want bootspace, want dccd, want v7 or newer... damn am i too fussy?

f**k it, i\'m sure i can swap in a dccd box :D

You\'re a bit screwed there sorry... it went like this....

V8+ STI = DCCD + Brembos + ABS, but they didn\'t make an STI wagon, only WRX.

V7 STI Sedan = 6 speed NON-DCCD, Brembos, ABS

V7 STI Spec C Tarmac Spec = the same

V7 STI Spec C Gravel Spec = 6 speed DCCD, 4 pots, no ABS.

V7 STI Wagon = 6 speed NON-DCCD, 4-pots, ABS. I think. Pretty sure only the sedan got Brembos.

• Admin

Would my clutch being on the way out make the car occasionally be a complete bastard about going into 1st, particularly if it\'s rolling? 6spd, V7 STI, sometimes I have to give the shifter a real good shove to get into 1st, most of the time (or if stationary) it\'s completely fine.

boon said:

Would my clutch being on the way out make the car occasionally be a complete bastard about going into 1st, particularly if it\'s rolling? 6spd, V7 STI, sometimes I have to give the shifter a real good shove to get into 1st, most of the time (or if stationary) it\'s completely fine.

Check fluid?

flat mates van was having trouble finding 1st and 2nd occasionaly.. fluid was low. topped it up. and now its fine?

kwi_fozze said:

Fml... That\'ll teach me for being fussy aye? Lol!!!!

pretty much what u want is a v7 ra spec as thats the only ones with dccd option

or

a v8+ sti as they have dccd and brembo

the v7 dccd does not have auto mode like the v8+

u always on manual controll

the v8+ have auto manual option and u have to switch to manual first and then the dial can be used to regulate dccd split

kwi_fozze said:

ooooohh that just made the decision really hard....

really want bootspace, want dccd, want v7 or newer... damn am i too fussy?

f**k it, i\'m sure i can swap in a dccd box :D

GR STI hatch for that spec.

No charge for fugliness or lack of fun-to-drive factor.

:P

Genuine question - what do you need the boot space for? Impreza boot isnt exactly spacious

And regarding idle fluctuating - no, it\'s not normal, means the thing is struggling to idle a bit. It should sit rock still if everything is working right - semi buggered afm/icv, tps alignment or intake leaks tend to be culprits

pedro said:

How to fill an impreza boot...

1 x golf trundler

1x tour bag full of clubs

2x carry bags full of clubs

Assorted paraphernalia required to play 36 holes of golf.I do this often.

jeeebus most people would strugle to fit that much in

nah, i\'m a scout leader, so constantly filling the car with people and / or stuff, also commonly sleep in the boot (i can\'t be assed putting up a tent, warmer and more comfortable in the car :P

v7 sti hatch it is, and i shall keep my eyes open for a v8 sti dccd unit + a/m controller... long term plans ;)

• Guest locked this topic