Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Toyota GT 86/Subaru BRZ chatter/NEWS here!!!!!

Old Skool Subbie

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DRIVEN !

Toyota 86 demo with GT86's 17" wheels.

Standard are piddly 16".

First impressions - comfortable seats, steering wheel nice to hold, ugly to look at, pedals not ideal for heel 'n toe, simple instruments, stupid hard to read speedo.

On the road the steering is light with good feel.

Good basic handling, not high grip.

So-so brakes, GT gets bigger rotors, it needs them.

Light clutch, nice gearshift, smoother than an STI 6-spd, gear lever too high though, no flick of the wrist shifting here.

Engine revs freely with a rorty exhaust sound but spinning it out doesn't garner any rewards, the car is SLOW.

Revving it out produces lots of noise but no action.

$40+ is cheap for a new car with this skill set but you can find much better all-rounder used cars.

No sale.

2c7820e0.jpg

fa104d1f.jpg

14a8bdbb.jpg

9ce492a9.jpg

On a side note. Be interesting to see if you got a tidy GC8 or GDB and put all of that gear in (or similar products to do the same job) what it would be like cost wise using the retail price of the BRZ as your cap.

Youd have a far better base to start with i think.

They look cool and everything but i just cant see someone buying them to be a stocker. Spend all that money to buy new to spend another $10k to make it fast.

Thats just my fuzzy logic anyway.

eKulz said:

who owns the orange 86 driving around dunedin?

saw you yesterday parked around town and then again today when a van went through a red light and nearly hit you at the garden's intersection lol..

I doubt the owner of that will be on here but stranger things have happened... I also saw it yesterday parked on the one-way

Motors a great mag for sure. And yeah pretty interesting huh? Wouldn't have thought the twins would have been handed their asses by the swift sport and polo gti.

But in saying that the newest swift sport (6 speed man only, CVT is crap) is the most fun car I've ever driven, and if I was looking for an all round reliable runner/ weekend thrasher, the swift is nearly impossible to beat for the money IMO, if I had the cash I'd buy one tomorrow, then tint the windows.

newsuba said:

Too much gay modded stuff in Motor these days.

:P

Agree Swift Sport is a great little car, haven't driven the latest 6-speed.

CVT sucks ass.

Sorry for the O\T

I recommend anyone in the market (or just an enthusiast ;)) takes one for a blat, suspension tweaks and interior changes etc have really refined the drive. Don't bother with horrid CVT its a totally different car.