Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

VF23 vs TDO5

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont shoot me down but I have owned both . Td05 will give more lag but greater top end (higher cfm) but vf23 will give better spool and awesome mid range but less top end . . . I get 20 pound boost at around 3500 rpm with vf23

Aw ok . When I ran a td05 it was quite like the vf22 I ran . . 1st gear didn't have any thing until nearly red line . . . How ever the vf23 has it real early . . . . I run vf23 now and is awesome for a daily driver . Has awesome throttle response

I've run both............VF23 for earlier response and good thru the middle and top as well......mine was on full boost at 3500

TD05 for middle and top.........mines on full boost at 4200 (18g wheel)

For my style of driving (daily and track).........TD05

both are great turbos

vf23 as said is for quick spooling

td05 is abit more laggy but puts out a pretty good punch when it kicks in an hey lets be honest who drives there car under 4000rpm anyways?(me because i own a diesel :( )

also just another point the td series are ALOT more user friendly to rebuild an modify

I would take a VF23 over a TD05H any day.

They are not in the same ballpark - a VF23 and a TD05H20G are more on par with each other.

With a TD05H @ 19psi I did a 12.83 @ 105.7MPH

With a TD05H20G @ 19psi I did a 12.47 @ 110.XXMPH

I would expect a VF 23 @ 19 psi to do a low 12 as well - mate did a 12.01 in a MY01 WRX wit a VF23 @ 20psi.

depends what you use it for.there so many diffrent useages for turbos'

street use,track use,strip use ect.i run a vf23 on my sti its a good turbo too i get spool up around 2900rpm,but it lacks top end were the vf22 or td05 would gain.but for street use go with the 23.

sti8u said:

depends what you use it for.there so many diffrent useages for turbos'

street use,track use,strip use ect.i run a vf23 on my sti its a good turbo too i get spool up around 2900rpm,but it lacks top end were the vf22 or td05 would gain.but for street use go with the 23.

vf23 never lacked top end on my car because it was fully setup to take advantage of the turbo.

it's probably more likely that it did exactly the same top end on your car too as the other turbos, only because the power delivery is earlier with more midrange torque you think that it doesn't have the same top end. more so the other turbos lacking the midrange as opposed to the vf23 lacking the top

sultan - does that mean in ur setup the vf23 had a more linear power delivery as opposed to bulging mid range and drop off at top end that it normally does?

cos normally the vf 23 and infact other vf like 24 and 28 and others all have a sharp mid range and feel puffed out on the top end...

well thats normally what all the vf do but be great to knwo how u managed to get the vf23 to hold up in the top - external WG setup or internal bro?

hes also running alot more mods than me.twisted setup.front mount,nd no afm,

a vf23 running with a link and a good tune would probly feel alot stronger in higher rpm..

sti8u said:

hes also running alot more mods than me.twisted setup.front mount,nd no afm,

a vf23 running with a link and a good tune would probly feel alot stronger in higher rpm..

yea perhaps..

hmm brad had 200kw with no link so that pretty close to 210 that he has talked abt..

do u know if he had internal gate?

wonder what brad will get this time with all his mad scientist mods lol