Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Subaru tuning shops in CHCH?

What sort of stuff are you wanting done? There's a few places around that are good at tuning and there's a few other workshops that have been dealing with Subaru rally cars for years.

Having only seen MRT's website I'm not quite sure what you're after with a comparison between the locals?

You're more than likely going to end up taking it to one shop to get the mechanical work done and then they could organize sending it off for a re-flash. And most shops are likely to be buying in the parts anyway. NZEFI are tied in with Redline I think so they may now operate as a one stop shop? I haven't been past their place in a couple of years though.

I always recommend Tony at RDL Performance as he does great work and is well priced (I hang out there alot so I am somewhat biased ;) ). There's a few other guys on here who have used his services recently aswell. He prepares race and rally cars aswell as sorting out customers cars.

Trevor Crowe Subaru laugh at people who bring cars in wanting performance upgrades....even though hes a rally driver and Subaru expert. He seems to think they go good enough stock and not to mess with them.

Will check out RDL Performance but I dont even have the car yet. Getting a weekend car which will be a BP Spec B either 5EAT or MT.

correct nzefi do it all now. a friends celicas in there atm and there even doing the exhaust for him.

ive heard good things about re siclair and have also taken my car to get tuned.

nzefi had dyna packs

re has rolling road

there's also spec performance but i know nothing of them

I vouch for Tony (RDL Performance) go have a chat with him, he's pretty busy but knows his work.

and yes NZEFI are an official shop for RedLine and they do mechanical works as well as tuning which is there main thing.

expect to pay more at NZEFi

What sort of money to get the exhaust opened up from stock to new downpipe etc and then get it tuned?

increase in HP?

RangeRoverSport said:

What sort of money to get the exhaust opened up from stock to new downpipe etc and then get it tuned?

increase in HP?

i'd expect around 20-30hp (maybe a bit more??) if you free up intake and exhaust and reflash.

no idea bout the price

im pretty much sure you can get that by having a full exhaust and a reflash?

you are form the US? just asking as you used the term "stage 2"; only heard that term from Americans, and talk bout HP instead of KW

• 3 weeks later...