[/url]

this has 250 whp (186KW@W) and does a 12.7 1/4 mile at 171kmph

thats gotta be good right???

for a heavy v7 wrx anyway..... ???

One of the tuning shops up north ran a 10.9 on a V8 sti with stock turbo.,

think they may hav had nos shot too tho

pappu said:

wasnt thad speed source 330kw@w nos v8?

lol dont thing it was 186kw@w like the one in vid..

just thought that 12.7 was quick...

thats pretty fast for a standard wrx, i usually see anything under 200kw gets 13+ sec

xecuta']

[quote name='pappu said:

wasnt thad speed source 330kw@w nos v8?

lol dont thing it was 186kw@w like the one in vid..

just thought that 12.7 was quick...

/quote]

thats pretty fast for a standard wrx, i usually see anything under 200kw gets 13+ sec

is 186kw@w enough for a 12.7 (well the vid obviously proves it) but damm with the heavy v7 i wud have thought no...

lunchie']

[quote name='pappu said:

url]

[/url]

what scoobydoo said it definatly wasnt stock...maybe the cover but had alot of time and money spent on that thing..speedsource and SM like to say otehrwise but hthere is no way youd get that power out of a vf37 without some serously massive work

the ability to rape the drive train results in very fast ET with low power. this is indicated by a relatively low trap speed. normally for a 12, you'll see 175kmh traps unless driven very well/hard like this car.

i was hitting 180kmh traps and not even getting into the 12s because i was afraid to break something

hmm 171km is not too shabby.. again its "just" 186kw@w so perhaps just over what a stock sti will do

(175-180kw@w)

still 12.7 is mighty impressive

wasnt too much wheelspin off the line that showed in the vid

i seen a stockish v7sti do 13.4 and another one do 13.1 that had a few little bits added on

v7 is a heavy car tho...

i once had 230kw@w in a v2wrx and i only managed 13.1 - mostly due to my bad driving lol

and broke reverse gear in the car somehow :D

the wallet was not happy that night...

PS funky - dont limiter bounce and launch

i did that to my v7 sti before and it had 207kw@w then and promptly broke my front axle (in fact did that twice )

have since believed in a Launch controller (cheap as well) and its not broken anything and is abt as quick down the 1/4

funkytown said:

tell you what - this talk of drags and shet, makes me want to throw mine down

id be a total n00b launching though.. how hard is it limiter bounce and dump right???

haha wonder what it would be good for.

use launch control on your link 4.5-5k youl be good as gold man.

dont limit launch though ahha...

launch control on link will build you some boost haha

nt_a_foz']

[quote name='pappu said:

url]

[/url]

what scoobydoo said it definatly wasnt stock...maybe the cover but had alot of time and money spent on that thing..speedsource and SM like to say otehrwise but hthere is no way youd get that power out of a vf37 without some serously massive work

I'm sure there was TONS of work done under the hood, BUT as I said the article stated that the turbo was internally stock.

I believe it was a V8 Spec C , so a slightly better turbo to begin with.

I think it had around 300kw atw and was stripped down about 150kg and MAY have had a 60hp nos shot.

Still very impressive for both the 10.9 and the 12.7

As I recall the owner stated that he had built it to prove that it wasnt just the EVO9 boys that could run 10's on a stock turbo

Im looking at the Speedsource article now, it doesn't say its stock at all, in the tuning menu it says "factory twin-scroll STI turbo, custom Speed Source/Motorsport Engineering compressor wheel/turbine"

Stoffa said:

Im looking at the Speedsource article now, it doesn't say its stock at all, in the tuning menu it says "factory twin-scroll STI turbo, custom Speed Source/Motorsport Engineering compressor wheel/turbine"

yup thats what I thought to wasnt stock from memory but didnt have major work done either and yup nos was used ... On the flip side took a mates evo6 down the strip for him in OZ stock car done a 13.01 and I was raping the shit out of it good fun!!!

funkytown said:

id be a total n00b launching though.. how hard is it limiter bounce and dump right???

your power weight and drivetrain will be good for 11.2-11.5 on a perfect run. it will do 12 flat without much effort and consistant mid high 11s with good driving.

sultan']

[quote name='funkytown said:

/quote]

your power weight and drivetrain will be good for 11.2-11.5 on a perfect run. it will do 12 flat without much effort and consistant mid high 11s with good driving.

id agree low mid 11s but with potential, i managed 11.92 with 241kw td0520g in a 1200kg legacy gt but was hard on the gearbox and took few trys, now with the gt3082r hoping next tune to get low 11s

Stoffa said:

wasnt major work on the turbo but combined with cams,race fuel,nos and slicks its not that hard to get the dyno numbers i think he had 311kw atw 270kw without nos

my old rex GC8 had 182kw ran a 12.2 road tyres and a vf23 the RA gearbox did magic

Stoffa said:

ah fair enough, still rather impressive tho ay?

R8TD_R']

[quote name='Stoffa said:

/quote]

wasnt major work on the turbo but combined with cams,race fuel,nos and slicks its not that hard to get the dyno numbers i think he had 311kw atw 270kw without nos

my old rex GC8 had 182kw ran a 12.2 road tyres and a vf23 the RA gearbox did magic

far out you must be raping your car!

my old RA had just under 220kw fastest i ever did at Laws Road was 12.7sec, my car wasnt standard too.. the RA gearbox was the most annoying ever have to got 5th cause the 4th was redlining already.. the Coupe i got Dyno at just over 200kw and i never ever get to see 12sec, fastest was 13.1sec