Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Powder coating Christchurch

DacerX

Prep it all your self, should make things a lot cheaper as it's mainly prepping, only takes about 5 mins to coat it, but then you gotta wait till it's cooked. Should make their job easier too.

Get them to etch your wheels etc before coating them, will help it last longer.

Damn if only I could be in 2 places at once!

rex-leggy']

[quote name='sir_pixalot said:

Action powder coating in hornby, phoned around and they were cheapest and did a mint job on my old Volk wheels

/quote]

what was a set worth coated?

was just the centres of 3-piece wheels, $30 ea if i remember correctly. That was blasted and coated in gold that was slightly more expensive than the black i was originally going with.

you want them coated metallic gold and bronze? or they are gold and bronze atm?

Might be a bit more expensive for metallics and they might require a clear coat, im unsure though as it depends on the powder their using etc. Might be best just to ring em up and have a chat/send them to me ;D

mint will look awesome when coated!

Hey im not trying to be a dick or anything, but i was thinking if you wanted to (depending on weight, you could ship them up to me if it didnt cost to much $$ and i could coat them for around 150 per set stripping would be another 100 or so, But yeah was just thinking it might save you a bit of $$. But yeah its just a thought :) Im sure the people you've chosen to do it are more then capable of doing it

Yeah I know would love to it's just the shipping side of it that's the killer that's all other than that I would be happy to send them up if I lefT on a friday and had them there on Saturday and then leave on sunday that would work but I doubt it will take less than a day to clean paint and dry tho

Getting my wheels done this week. Some place in hornby. Ill update with pics as soon as i get them back :)) Sand blasted and coated is guna be $200