Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

ClubSub Dunners ol' banger

Andrew NR

I have sourced an old 1.3l Toyota Starlet (it's red so it must go fast) that I'm thinking about buying as a ClubSub Dunedin trackday mobile. It's so that anyone who doesn't want to run there cars in a grasskhana or trackday can still have a go in the Starlet by handing over $5 or $10 (cost still to be confirmed). The car won't be registered or have a WOF so will need to be towed to and from events.

What I need to know before speaking to the high-ups about getting some funding support is 1) how many people are likely to use the car, 2) I may have enough room to store it but does anyone else have room as well (doesn't have to be undercover), 3) does anyone have a vehicle big enough to tow it and does anyone know someone that will hire out a car trailer from time to time?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

awesome! any mechanical help/tools you need, let me know

i know its not a suby, but its a great start

keep it as 'your' car, that you can lend under your terms. 'club' cars are something i'd love to see but need a lot of discussion and paperwork, and thats not a priority for the committee right now

Thanks for the official input from the council Nick. Ok guys, if I'm going to buy this car I need to know that it's going to be used by more than me because I can't afford to run it by myself. Would anyone use it? $10 per go should cover running costs and we can customise it the way we want plus it would be great for those wanting to learn more about the mechanical workings of cars.

SkylineObsession said:

That sounds like an awesome idea. :)

I know i'm not a CS member, but i'd prolly be keen to have a wee go in it too. ;) Depending how much more it would cost on top of the price of using the car too though.

For you we'll make it the same price as CS members. ;)

Ok, I'll inspect the car closer and put some cash together. Next step is to see if I can organise autocross and grass events. Does anyone have any farming contacts to see if we can rent a paddock? I'll speak to the council and a few businesses and see if we can rent a carpark or large tarmac area.

Andrew NR said:

Ok, I'll inspect the car closer and put some cash together. Next step is to see if I can organise autocross and grass events. Does anyone have any farming contacts to see if we can rent a paddock? I'll speak to the council and a few businesses and see if we can rent a carpark or large tarmac area.

Mean! I all keen for a thrash of a rear-wheel drive car!

Andrew NR said:
Does anyone have any farming contacts to see if we can rent a paddock?

Cough*Soo-Young*Cough.

If you can get something organised before exams come round, I'll happily jump in! With a bit of luck my GT-B will be gone ( :-[), but at least I'll be able to get out there.

MINTGTB']

[quote name='Andrew NR said:

/quote]

I'm pretty sure this one is FWD.

Andrew NR']

/quote]

`

never seen a FWD starlet before..

MINTGTB']

/quote]

`

Aren't all the newer ones (90's onwards) FWD? I'll be really happy if it is RWD.

Andrew NR']

/quote]

`

Aren't all the newer ones (90's onwards) FWD? I'll be really happy if it is RWD.

I dunno bro, but when starlet comes to mind.. is those beasty RWD things that go hard!

• 1 month later...