Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dyno Leaderboard Version III

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I thought you were looking for a way to split the cars. Not many people will have a fully caged daily driver (bolt in wouldn't count). If five or six cars drop out of the 'road car' top twenty, that is spots for five or six lower powered cars that didn't previously make the cut - I don't think you will have a shortage. The 'race car' leaderboard might be a little short, but what ya gon' do?

sultan said:

sl8r - nice looking plot, would have driven very smoothly. buiilds power very rapidly. 170kw at 4000rpm is pretty good

lol just saw this... Yep it was pretty smooth and pretty fun. for the mods it had at the time 230 was quite impressive

just looking at few plots here

The correction methods are different and DO change the final figures ie SAE and DIN

Just another curve ball to throw at way these figures are presented to CS

Now Funkys plot is missing!, and I beleive his actuall killerwasps is 280 or 285 not the 295 (which was a peak and likey that it was unsafe)

So for the leaderboard do we only look for the peak during tuning or actually how much the car has when it leaves the dyno?

My car would slot into the 3rd slot on its peak, but only 4th on its current tune/set up. Dyno plots not forwarded hence no listing on leaderboard :)

I await to see the reponse's to this :)

yeah there's not much point in listing a 1-off "try it and see" number, or something not comfortable with being run. i could do a 300kw one of them, but who cares... power delivery from 3-5000 rpm is so much more interesting to how the car drives any way. also agree, where are the plots!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone decided on if/how to split to dyno board ? for track / road

Had a thought -

fully caged car or dedicated track car or a car running ANY fuel other than std pump gas on seperate board

ALSO - dyno plots, there are still some missing !!

Update - Coupe was dyno before xmas and laid down an impressive 280 on 25psi - go the top mount !!

not sure how it makes a difference if it's a road or track car? it's not like there's any barriers/advantages in place of having a wof/cage as to whether or not you make XXX power?

agree about missing dyno plots!

25psi is a huge amount of compression/heat for a poor lil top mount to dissipate. Good result though!

well considering that most track cars need to have a wof... that wouldnt really work, my thoughts are tho that it would be good for people to have some sort of reference point if they aspire to make a track car as to what they should be able to make off their car. (yea sure some people use theirs for both road and track but it would come down to if they built it to track it) Also it would allow for a little bit more competition between track goers ... as for changing the table ... just make a new one and people just include the car usage ie:

name: jbrown

power: 245kW

Dyno name: GCP

mods: link g4, big intercooler, blue injecters etc...

usage: track car

**dyno plot **

here

just my two cents on the matter.... :-\

sultan said:

not sure how it makes a difference if it's a road or track car? it's not like there's any barriers/advantages in place of having a wof/cage as to whether or not you make XXX power?

25psi is a huge amount of compression/heat for a poor lil top mount to dissipate. Good result though!

25psi = 37deg intake temp after intercooler and can still run 15deg advance

26psi = 49deg intake temp and can only run 4deg advance (to stop det) and makes over 10Kw LESS

So this is where turbo is producing more heat than anything else

As for spliting the dyno board -

The top end guys running non std fuels etc are really in a different league

I think that the guys/gals making 220+ should still have a chance to get on the board

There seem to be many dyno sheets that are never posted - I know of 3 others around the 240 mark that havent been posted as they become middle of the road- Yet still are very respectable runs

Ichi Ban']

[quote name='sultan said:

/quote]

25psi = 37deg intake temp after intercooler and can still run 15deg advance

26psi = 49deg intake temp and can only run 4deg advance (to stop det) and makes over 10Kw LESS

So this is where turbo is producing more heat than anything else

As for spliting the dyno board -

The top end guys running non std fuels etc are really in a different league

I think that the guys/gals making 220+ should still have a chance to get on the board

There seem to be many dyno sheets that are never posted - I know of 3 others around the 240 mark that havent been posted as they become middle of the road- Yet still are very respectable runs

yeah that's what i mean, it's pretty knife edge...it was fine on the dyno but what about when engine bay temps rise from prolonged low-speed use and ambient temps rise on a hot day? unless your setup is tuned like mine, link g4 controlling the boost based off intake temps etc? just interested to know, that's all

agree that a car running non std fuel has an obvious advantage, but stating fuel is a requirement at the moment.

for me, the most interesting thing with looking at dyno plots, is seeing how mods effect not only peak power, but torque and availability of power. if there was really anything useful to come out of this other than "i scored XXX gigawatts", i'd like to know minimum things about the car and anything else the poster wants to tell.

i.e

Engine:

Turbo:

Computer:

Injectors:

Intercooler:

Fuel:

indeed running G4, and have intake temp set up with retard for any temp above 40deg

Boost limit is governed by charge temp also

Charge temp is actually COOLER off the dyno than on it, by over 5 deg

Will do some data logging next time at the track just for interest

So are very happy with the tune, and are sure it is safe and within the boundaries of the engine and turbo capabilities

engine has 180Nm at 3000 and then from 3000 to 4000 rpm the engine gains nearly 240Nm and additional 50Nm by 5000

with 420+Nm available from 4100 till 6000 - so a nice torque peak and which is held well thru the bulk of the range :)

• General Member

feel free to start a new / new thread with the suggested layout (not aimed at anyone, just someone willing to keep things updated) layout and we'll see

personally think waste of time

the ol' "Impreza seperated from Legacy" version was my fav

then split "rolling road" (not many left operating) from Hub dyno's as well for better comparison etc

Ichi Ban said:

indeed running G4, and have intake temp set up with retard for any temp above 40deg

Boost limit is governed by charge temp also

Charge temp is actually COOLER off the dyno than on it, by over 5 deg

Will do some data logging next time at the track just for interest

So are very happy with the tune, and are sure it is safe and within the boundaries of the engine and turbo capabilities

engine has 180Nm at 3000 and then from 3000 to 4000 rpm the engine gains nearly 240Nm and additional 50Nm by 5000

with 420+Nm available from 4100 till 6000 - so a nice torque peak and which is held well thru the bulk of the range :)

sounds good. where's the plot? ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Model: V7 STI with Turbo back exhaust

Name of Dyno: Gary Capper Performance

Date of run: 8 June 2011

Fuel: Mobil 98

Red is before the tune. So standard car with a turbo back exhaust (192kW)

Blue is after tune by GCP with same exhaust.

215.1kW @ 6947rpm and 383.8Nm @ 4329rpm

Done in 4th gear with a correction factor of 1 i think

395089_2415318821979_1221571549_31883404

pappu said:

Must have N insane pull from 4000-6000rpm

Jumping 160kw in just 2000rpm difference

Lol even more pull between 4000-5000 Hahah 130kw in 1000rpm jump

Crazy hp man

Dam it does and it is low reading coz at the 21psi i made 232kw at torque with a old possum link and stock intake and here with g4 and better intake made below 232kw at same boost and at 250kw my 850cc are at 76 percent at 44 psi base pressure and walbro hard wired also mates 260kw sti gc8 v3 ran into the 11s trapping over 198km/h ;D

Really have to be conscious of gear and rpm. 60kw at 3500rpm and 90kw at 4000rpm. With a car load of people it will struggle with hills. A tuned vf powered car would make around 140kw+ at 4k. Once it starts up it goes pretty well though. Is it a Chinese td06? I think you could do a fair bit better with a different turbo to be honest

• RAYDEO unpinned this topic