Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

SPLIT FUEL RAILS PICTURES/DIAGRAMS

Heres a bunch of photos ive collected up of split fuel rail set ups. should be able to work out something from the pictures to suit you rail set up.

wrxpfsnumber2.jpg

wrxpfs.jpg

railslx7.jpg

oemfueldeliverysmldq2.jpg

OEM-fuel-deliverysml.jpg

manifoldup.jpg

manifolddown.jpg

elementalfueldeliverysmig0.jpg

dsc00098bz7.jpg

dsc00097mr0.jpg

dsc00096wl7.jpg

dsc00092wz7.jpg

DSC00082.jpg

13112008004.jpg

198299843_full.jpg

198299821_full.jpg

198299783_full.jpg

198299762_full.jpg

ive just pulled these off the internet so if these are you pictures and you dont want them here i will remove them just ask.

i do my research to a whole new level :D american forums have some good info if you search google images and follow the links. better than just searching in google.

i was going to do write ups but the pics tell a thousand words.

also thanks to funky for the nasty yellow intake photos :)

• 2 weeks later...

its hell of a lot easier by looking at picture.

quick tip though i just clamped the fuel line straight to the cut steel lines i didnt flare them just cranked the clamps up tight. no leaks yet and ive revved the piss out of it. that way i only needed one adaptor for where the factory reg was on drivers rail and it saved buying another drivers rail and adaptor like i was previously going to do.

those are push lock hoses and fittings... dont have much confident with the hoses but its seems to be ok, want to get some nice speedflow hoses which are wrapped around type which can hold more pressures but 400psi rating on those one i got are fine as long as they are made for EFI not carbies

7070147439_73a38a401a_z.jpg

thats just some few of the fittings, i buy one a week so i dont ended up being so broke

sweet was just looking at your pics looked like it all came together in a kit. braided line is cheap as on trademe if you go down that road. i just used standard efi line and clamps straight off the shelf coz i had it right there. braided looks far nicer imo and is rated around 1500psi.

• 3 months later...

Where can you get fuel filters like the small one above?

Hard to explain without a picture but I'm doing split fuel rail setup with the big blue hoses. Its fine on the fpr side as like in the picture above with two different nipples you can get the big blue hose on one side and the small black factory return on the other.

My problem is on the fuel filter side the nipples on the fuel filter fit perfectly on the black factory hose but are too small for the blue hose, I need a fuel filter that can have blue on one side factory black on the other.

I hope this makes sense and info would be appreciated.

I got my XRP fuel filter from Brendon @ PRO Wholesale It's a little more costly than the one above (add another $120 plus postage or so) & i run speedflow -6an pushloc 400 series fitting & efi pushloc fuel line from evan @ speedfactor, from the pump feed to filter then braid dash fittings on the injector side to the fuel reg then pushloc from reg to the fuel return line :)

Here is the latest split fuel rail mod i did on a mates car, heres the break down:

This method does away with using dual regs and reuses your factory reg & same fuel rails with some tweaks..

- used the orginal single fuel reg (dont need to buy another fuel rail with reg to do the dual reg setup)

- the fuel rail that normally has the reg (drivers side) has the metal fuel line cut and flared

- the passenger fuel rail is not cut or flared at all.. i.e. used in its factory form

- the fuel rail that normally has the reg (drivers side) has the factory reg removed and the fuel rail adaptor with elbo fitted

- the factory reg is mounted to an old Twin Turbo Ignitor bracket, and as we found out, for stock engines with stock BOV, the location of the reg in the pic below is actually in the road of the BOV assembly, it does however sit nicely in that threaded bolt hole on the bell housing of the short block (where sum relocate the knock sensor to)

- in bound fuel comes in to a T under the manifold then split off to both rails

- fuel hose is proteced with heavy duty fire guard sheathing/armour

efm2p4ic.3ku.jpg

zywy1oln.sn4.jpg