Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

GPS Tracking - Gauging interest in bulk order

Hi all, im looking at importing and testing a GPS Tracking Unit from overseas and wonder if there would be any interest from members ? around the $100 price range ?

Key features will be

- easy install (DIY 2 wires for power, everything else integrated into unit)

- GSM Tracking using SMS or Internet

Post here, can get fully featured units for $150 as well if anyone is interested ie (engine cut, sos etc ).

paroxysm said:

Is ther any monthly fee or something for the tracking service?

Depends which service you use, you specify the website\IP to send the data to, I believe there are some free services youd have to research.

Also you pay data charges on your phone account and this varies depending on the plan (pre pay, or contract). I believe PrePay data is something like 30 cents per MB, cant see GPS data in tracking mode using much. SMS is like 30 cents each way (1 to text your car and one txt to respond).

chulozumo said:

Do you know how the system actually works? Like when you text it, do you get a text back with a link to google? Or have the makers of the gps use some other mapping system? easy to use?

I could be keen, depending on details...

Yep Google map link sent back for SMS

For live tracking you text details to the GPS for setting website service and account. The default one that comes with unit (wwwcootrack.net) costs $3US per year.

Ive got 6 people in the MR2 club keen.

thorpy said:

Ahhh yep, the Mongoose copy, I looked at it, but the GT06 is more compact design, better price and has all the same features.

Not sure where they get their pricing on that VT310, but the best I can do on that one is $150 + shipping.

hate-evoz said:

where do i take it to get installed in auckland and how much am I looking at? a car has just been stolen recently a few houses down from mine and im starting to worry that they may hit my house too.

Any car alarm, auto electrician or stereo place should install them. Should cost no more than $100-$150 to install (same cost as a car alarm) so $120 for the unit + about $150 install + SIM Card $30, about $300 all up.

The main unit needs to be mounted up high in the dash board so it can get reception (mainly for GPS Sattalite). Rear parcel tray is also an option, even front bumper, provided its water proof.

Got a mate bringing these in via the company he works for. approx $150 each.

As of July they will be getting them in.

Also comes with a 12mth warranty.

Features:

• Real time upload current location to website

• Turn off car engine by Internet platform or SMS for Anti-theft

• Listening sound around tracker with silence by SMS or platform.

• No platform Service charge (Our free tracking platform)

• SIMCOM GSM module (Quad band)

• Built in memory to record track without GSM network

• Upload interval is 10-30 seconds according the setting of tracker

• Built in shock sensor to control GPS on off to extend battery life

• Shock sensor can be used as car shock & movement alarm

• Website shows history tracking

• Platform uses free Google Maps

• Send alert when vehicle exits a restricted area

• Send alert when vehicle exceeds the restricted speed

• Power supply disconnect alarm

Specifications:

• Normal operating temperature: -20 to +55 degrees C

• Restricted operating temperature: -35 to +70 degrees C

• GSM Frequency: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz

• GSM & GPS Antenna: Built-in

• GPS Channels: 32

• Locate Accuracy: 5 ~ 10m

• GPS Start Time: 1sec (Hot start), 36sec (Cold start)

• Standby current: 1 - 2mA

• Tracking current: 35mA

• Operating voltage: 12 - 32VDC

• Charge voltage: 5V

• Battery: 800mAh Li-ion

• Unit dimensions: 68(L)x48(W)x20(D)mm

revive said:

Got a mate bringing these in via the company he works for. approx $150 each.

As of July they will be getting them in.

Also comes with a 12mth warranty.

Features:

• Real time upload current location to website

• Turn off car engine by Internet platform or SMS for Anti-theft

• Listening sound around tracker with silence by SMS or platform.

• No platform Service charge (Our free tracking platform)

• SIMCOM GSM module (Quad band)

• Built in memory to record track without GSM network

• Upload interval is 10-30 seconds according the setting of tracker

• Built in shock sensor to control GPS on off to extend battery life

• Shock sensor can be used as car shock & movement alarm

• Website shows history tracking

• Platform uses free Google Maps

• Send alert when vehicle exits a restricted area

• Send alert when vehicle exceeds the restricted speed

• Power supply disconnect alarm

Specifications:

• Normal operating temperature: -20 to +55 degrees C

• Restricted operating temperature: -35 to +70 degrees C

• GSM Frequency: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz

• GSM & GPS Antenna: Built-in

• GPS Channels: 32

• Locate Accuracy: 5 ~ 10m

• GPS Start Time: 1sec (Hot start), 36sec (Cold start)

• Standby current: 1 - 2mA

• Tracking current: 35mA

• Operating voltage: 12 - 32VDC

• Charge voltage: 5V

• Battery: 800mAh Li-ion

• Unit dimensions: 68(L)x48(W)x20(D)mm

Thats right folks for a mere $30 more + shipping you can have the exact same unit.

Mabey if your friend wants to sell them he can get a ClubSub forum account and start his own group buy rather than getting his mates to hijack mine ? just a thought.

Heylin said:

Thats right folks for a mere $30 more + shipping you can have the exact same unit.

Mabey if your friend wants to sell them he can get a ClubSub forum account and start his own group buy rather than getting his mates to hijack mine ? just a thought.

Hey dude sorry not trying to hijack just thought it would be easier. Can't really mention more yet as I'd need to clear it first with him. The supplier is a major company in NZ.

Just providing options... unless you're trying to make a buck in which case I'll just delete my posts if you like.

revive']

[quote name='Heylin said:

/quote]

Hey dude sorry not trying to hijack just thought it would be easier. Can't really mention more yet as I'd need to clear it first with him. The supplier is a major company in NZ.

Just providing options... unless you're trying to make a buck in which case I'll just delete my posts if you like.

Nah its sweet if people want to spend extra that's fine, tbh there is not alot in it for me by the time I organise peoples payment, order, shipping and even less if customs snap my parcels.

Just thought if I can make enough to cover my own unit, and everyone gets one cheaper than TradeMe prices then everyone wins.

We need more people do group buys and to be using retailers less.