Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Custom tuning for V1-4 WRX & STI factory ECUs now available at NZEFI in Chch

nzefi

Hello all. Firstly, thanks to aim for allowing us to mention this.

For many years, NZEFI has been performing custom retuning using either aftermarket or factory engine management systems. We have offered factory ECU retuning solutions for the V7 and later WRXs & STIs for quite some time now. However, until recently, our only tuning options for the GC8 WRXs have been to replace the ECU with an aftermarket system like a Link G4 plug-in. This is a great solution and it is still our preferred one, but it is expensive and not affordable for everyone. However, we are proud to announce that we have recently purchased the equipment to tune V1-4 WRX and STI factory ECUs. We can now retune these factory ECUs for more boost, different fuel types, different turbos, injectors, AFMs etc just like the later model Subuarus. Better still, once we have upgraded some hardware in your ECU, we can tune it in real time while the engine is running - just like an aftermarket ECU. This speeds up the tuning process significantly compared to the normal reflash method used to tune the factory ECU on later model cars. Once your ECU has been upgraded, we can tune it as many times as you require quickly and easily.

This service is available only from our Christchurch based workshop. Sorry, but we will not be offering mail order or generic tunes as we can't deliver the outstanding results that we are known for without you bringing your car to us for a custom tune on our 4WD dyno. The process will typically take two days to complete and your resulting tune will be specifically tailored to your car and your modifications. We guarantee you'll be satisfied with the results.

We are looking forward to working with the GC8 community to get these classic WRXs running better than ever without breaking the bank. So if you are interested in this new service, then please give us a call on (03) 377-5447 or email [email protected]

thorpy said:

Any ideas on pricing ? obviously dyno time + hardware costs ?

This.

Does these hardware upgrades also use any stock settings? Like knock correction, so we could get a nice tune for 98 octane, but still be able to put in 95 and the stock ECU would take over to compensate?

tmuff88']

[quote name='hate-evoz said:

drive down!!! lol

/quote]

Lol and have no car for two days while its getting tuned....priceless

not to mention how much more to spend!!! put at least another what 1k into accomodation and fuel LOL if in aucks would have been there in a heart beat!!

Timmah']

[quote name='thorpy said:

color=blue]LIKE[/color]

Any ideas on pricing ? obviously dyno time + hardware costs ?

This.

Does these hardware upgrades also use any stock settings? Like knock correction, so we could get a nice tune for 98 octane, but still be able to put in 95 and the stock ECU would take over to compensate?

v1-4 is price is $1400, v7 - 10 is 1200

Hi guys. Thanks for the positive feedback. Regarding pricing, we are charging $600 to upgrade the ECU into a fully tunable state where we can log and tune in real time. The reason that these ECUs cost more to tune than the V7- is that the hardware that we use is relatively expensive and it takes time to install it. But on the plus side, once it is upgraded the V1-4 ECUs can be tuned in real time which is a big advantage over the late model cars. A custom dyno tune will be approx $400-500 for a car with stock injectors/AFM/and turbo or approx $800 for a car with injector and turbo upgrades etc. This assumes that the car is in good condition mechanically and electrically and doesn't have issues that we need to sort in order to do the tune. All of the factory ECU features can be retained.

We understand that some of the North Island guys are feeling a bit left out, but we aren't comfortable with upgrading the ECUs for other people to tune just yet. Once we have tuned a lot more of them and have a bit of a map database and enough experience to give other people support, we will consider working with a North Island based tuning shop to bring this service to the the NI guys.

Regarding V5-6 cars, these ECUs can be reflashed just like a V7-. However currently we don't have the the tools to be able to do this. The last time we priced buying the tools they were very expensive and we couldn't justify the cost. The price we would have needed to charge for a retune would have been getting too close to the cost of buying and setting up a Link G4 plug-in. If the price of the gear comes down in the future we would love to offer this service to V5-6 owners too.

Hi whatchain. You are correct. We are charging a fixed price for the ECU setup, but the rest of the price is depended on the time we spend on the dyno doing the tune. Therefore, we are allowing a total of $1400 for a custom retune with injector, AFM and turbo upgrades. If your car has a stock injectors, AFM and turbo and you are just wanting us to optimize the tune to run this set up then this will require less dyno time and we would expect the total price to be in the $1000-$1100 range.