Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

First mods

Tylerct

So..... had my scooby for about a month now and I got to thinkin about some upgrades. I'm thinkin that eventually (say over 5-10yrs) it'll probably become a fully fledged street driven track car (big dreams aye? ha), but until then, I'd like to put some tasteful mods on it.

Anybody have any ideas where I should start? Keeping in mind the ultimate goal is that whole street legal track car thing.

Oh and can anybody recommend any good workshops around the queenstown and greater otago area where I can just get the fluids changed in the gearbox, diff, etc etc??

cheers

Oh yeah and I'm moving house in a couple of weeks, anybody keen on a lil get together? BBQ, couple of brews, can double as a meet since I haven't actually met anybody yet haha

You're barking up the wrong tree thinking you'll turn a Legacy GT into a street/track car? From what I know and I've heard, twin turbo's aren't the best way to go if you're trying to go for big power gains. Admittedly you could do a parallel turbo setup but in all honestly a single turbo conversion or even an engine swap would be the way to go.

I may be very very very wrong but yea...........................

LOL

Ah I see, single turbo aye? So what if I work in a backwards direction, i.e do suspension and handling, weight reuction etc first and end with the big power and engine mods last?

I mean the car has gotta remain street, so retain all or at least most interior trim etc.

548565_4093152900204_1392654759_n.jpg

Oh yeah, here she is if you haven't seen it before

What do you mean reverse direction? No need for big power if your car handles like a dream... Good turn in, good tyres, decent adjustibles, good swaybars, brace the s**t out of the body, stiffen it right up so she corners like a dream, get some track time under your belt then buy an impreza ;)

I see what you mean, kinda. Then again there's no point in stiffening the shit outta the car, adjusties, BIG brakes etc etc without knowing what end result is expected power wise, know what I mean? No point in having big ass AP racing brakes if you're only going to make 300hp. Seriously should have thought about a single turbo Subaru if big power is the end goal. Something like a 95'ish wrx ?

95ish wrx? Could always buy one later down the line I suppose, or just drop a later model motor in a few years down the track. Either way getting the big power is a fair way down the track so I'm just thinking about adding some tasteful mods that sort of head in that street driven "track-car" direction as oppose to"drift" or "rally" and "drag" racing applications.

• 2 weeks later...

Look at rex leggys car to see what can be done to a legacy. No impreza so far has bet him in a straight line ;)

I used to have one of the quicker legacy wagons and there was something about being faster than all these others going with the simple wrx things. Do people realise that 95 percent of gc8 stuff bolts into bg5 haha.

gotasuby said:

Look at rex leggys car to see what can be done to a legacy. No impreza so far has bet him in a straight line ;)

I used to have one of the quicker legacy wagons and there was something about being faster than all these others going with the simple wrx things. Do people realise that 95 percent of gc8 stuff bolts into bg5 haha.

Have you got any videos of your old legacy?