Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

1995 wrx gc8 with some mods needing a bit of help (newbie)

J CHILN

Hey all,

I have had a wrx 1995 wagon for a little while now and have just sold my other car I had planned racing at power cruise, Have fallen in love with this wrx as its my first Subaru and I am LOVING it.

How ever, The only car I have left to race is the wrx at power cruise and am all ready entered so thought...why not!

At the moment it has just typical FMIC,BOV,Waste gate and a boost controller.

I just purchased a full 3" turbo back exhaust and a set of semi tuned length headers, Also got given a orange AFM, a set of yellow top injectors and a 500hp in tank fuel pump.

Now this is were I need some help. Number one being, It is running a td05 turbo. I will be looking to run 1bar of boost at power cruise, Will this turbo perform well with that? or should I upgrade with a vf22 or 20g wheel in td05 etc.

Number two being, After all this is done is there any chip and tunes out there that could help me get it running rite? or should it perform fine on the stock ecu? , I know NZEFI do the earlier versions but down south is a bit far to travel when I am based in Wellington.

Most tuning shops around my way say just put a link g4 and tune it...I wish I could but money isn\'t that easy. So if anyone could recommend any thing with either these would be great, Even been looking at the speed lab chips?

Hopefully some of use can help! Thanks a lot.

Jaymee

The td05 will put out 1 bar easy. Is your car wrx or sti? Sounds wrx if you don\'t already have orange afm and yellows. You will need the appropriate sti ecu to run them.

A catch can, silicone intake and a new panel filter would go along nicely.

Could also mod te fuel rails and set the up to run parallel.

Suspension! A nice set of adjusties or race springs. Larger sway bars front and back. Underbody braces.

4pot brakes to slow you down.

That\'s where I would start

ADIKT said:

The td05 will put out 1 bar easy. Is your car wrx or sti? Sounds wrx if you don\'t already have orange afm and yellows. You will need the appropriate sti ecu to run them.

A catch can, silicone intake and a new panel filter would go along nicely.

Could also mod te fuel rails and set the up to run parallel.

Suspension! A nice set of adjusties or race springs. Larger sway bars front and back. Underbody braces.

4pot brakes to slow you down.

That\'s where I would start

Hey mate Its just a WRX non sti. Does the 6s ecu plug in? , It will be running mates adjustable suspension for the event and I also have slotted rotors that I bought just looking for some 4 pot\'s any recommended?

It has a intake with mushroom filter at the moment but might replace that and I will also get a catch can, awesome! :)

intercooler on an angle can only be v1/2, v3 have straight intercooler and coilpack with ht leads.

if your on a budget I would use a speed lab chip but make sure you get a power run done on the dyno to make sure its safe. I would also get a walbro as 1995 was a long time ago if its still running the original fuel pump. if that dies with your foot up it, it could be bye bye engine

Hey all here is some photos of the WRX from the outside. No engine bay photos as of yet sorry. And ignore the repair area\'s I am a painter so have been repairing the body and taking it to work next weekend to paint it,

419744_351108574983984_76399147_n_zps4e1

419496_10151231819045590_756461963_n_zps

228916_10151231818890590_2099504157_n_zp

The list of mods to the wrx as it sit\'s are TD05 turbo,FMIC,gfb bov, turbo smart waste gate and 2 stage boost controller (running 8psi) and it is lowered on some springs think king springs.

In the garage I have a turbo back 3" stainless exhaust, tuned headers,yellow injectors,orange afm,slotted disc\'s

ADIKT said:

Def v2

Sweet as thanks for that so being a V2 is there any ecu that I could go with to help run the yellow top injectors and orange afm? or should I just go with something like a speed lab chip?

Is there any other chips people would recommend.. got roughly a grand to play with for ecu side of things but if I bought a chip would leave me money to get braces etc.

ALSO if anyone in wellington region needs panel and paint work done let me know!

If you are on a budget, get a v2 STI ecu which will run your facotry grey injectors and a good electronic boost controller (gizzmo or similar) to boost at 1 bar. Handling mods are probably more important than power mods IMO. Also going in as light weight as possible will def help.

• 3 weeks later...

Any of these STI ecus will be a better/more aggressive upgrade over the standard WRX V1-2 ecu, especially with the TD05. But keep in mind the yellows & orange didnt come around till V3+ so it wont run them to their full potential? (correct me if im wrong).

SA (STi chipped) - 1993/1994 STi

SB (STi chipped) - 1993/1994 STi RA

6K (STi mapped, but not Chipped) - 1995/1996 STi

7K (STi mapped, but not Chipped) - 1995/1996 STi RA

I managed to get an SA for mine & it made a nice noticeable difference but im still using the factory grey/green combo.