Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What mods for around 300kw at the wheels for a 2003 STI

subnoob123

hello,

I am thinking to buy a Blob STI and was wondering apart from the following mods which others (especially turbo) would I need so that I can gather the funds based on the mod list:

Which turbo would I need??????????

turbo back 3” bore exhaust system

Up and down pipes

Walbro 255 l/hr fuel pump

K+N panel filter

spark plugs

Injectors

cold air induction

Remap

FMIC

Possibly a heavy duty clutch?

Forged Rods and pistons?

Although would this sort of power be achievable with the above mods and turbo????

Also anyone got any new how much will all this cost all up?

Cheers

Lets not shut the guy down, he might have had other cars >:( 300kw is bugger all these days, sure it\'s quick but it aint that quick. 450kw+ is where the quick street cars are at. As foryour 300kw goal it goes beyond the motor, you need to decide how long you want the 300kw under your foot. It\'s not overly hard to make that power it\'s the reliability and useability that counts ;D

hello,

I am thinking to buy a Blob STI and was wondering apart from the following mods which others (especially turbo) would I need so that I can gather the funds based on the mod list:

Which turbo would I need?????????? Stock frame:FP Green HTA/Red or 25g otherwise GT35R seems to be the norm these days

Up and down pipes Better off with full exhaust, up-pipe upgrade not necessary

K+N panel filter lul wut

spark plugs

Injectors

cold air induction

Remap

FMIC

Possibly a heavy duty clutch? Yes

Forged Rods and pistons? Could survive on stock internals

Although would this sort of power be achievable with the above mods and turbo? 35r w/ supporting mods 300kw easy

Also anyone got any new how much will all this cost all up? Alot

kris_pran']

[quote name='subnoob123 said:

hello,

Which turbo would I need?????????? b]Stock frame:FP Green HTA/Red or 25g otherwise GT35R seems to be the norm these days[/b]

K+N panel filter lul wut

spark plugs

Injectors

cold air induction

Remap

FMIC

Although would this sort of power be achievable with the above mods and turbo? 35r w/ supporting mods 300kw easy

Any idea about the price range though?

Stock internals??? What about the reliability assuming that I wont be running high boost like 25psi but more like 18-20psi??

B-MAGIC said:

buy one that already has 300kw or more saves the hassel.

:P :P

example http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=523135880

his number in this auction http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/nissan/auction-523202045.htm

Dont know about that car because he took all his pictures off and I asked him for dyno results but he doesnt seem interested in answering it so I dont know. Also the stock hood was fine, dont now why he has an ugly vent on it (if you had seen the older pictures)

QBALLZ said:

Lets not shut the guy down, he might have had other cars >:( 300kw is bugger all these days, sure it\'s quick but it aint that quick. 450kw+ is where the quick street cars are at. As foryour 300kw goal it goes beyond the motor, you need to decide how long you want the 300kw under your foot. It\'s not overly hard to make that power it\'s the reliability and useability that counts ;D

300kw is not extremely high but man 450kw would kill it since its going to be an everyday car...whats the point of boost when you can only use it at top end haha and tbh wouldnt be able to afford it.

subnoob123']

[quote name='subnoob123 said:

hello,

Which turbo would I need?????????? b]Stock frame:FP Green HTA/Red or 25g otherwise GT35R seems to be the norm these days[/b]

K+N panel filter lul wut

spark plugs

Injectors

cold air induction

Remap

FMIC

Any idea about the price range though?

Stock internals??? What about the reliability assuming that I wont be running high boost like 25psi but more like 18-20psi??

Just curious, is 300kw the new thing these days on the street?

18-20psi wont cut it for 300 at the wheels on a 35r.

Why not have two boost settings? Low boost at 18 and high at 25. There are a lot of guys in the states running 24psi pump gas in their daily driven cars.

stock v8 sti engine will handle 250kw atw, thats pushing it on the rods though, for a reliable 300kw atw you\'ll need to spend $20,000+ on a new engine and supporting mods.

I have a car running 240kw and anymore on the street is a waste IMO, also subaru\'s become alot less reliable after the 260kw mark, he guys around here running that much power always have something broken/melted/worn out

My advise is try driving a 240-250kw car first.

and a GTX3071 should get you to 300kw

QBALLZ said:

With all due respect dude... if he has to come on here and ask what to do, and how much it will cost... he\'s never

owned a 300 kw car, and he\'s most likely not going to any time soon.

Stoffa is right, 240kw is a total waste of time on the street... personally I think any STi is a waste on the street...

but I may be in the minority there.

Why is an STi a waste on the street? Its not like 205kw is awhole lot of power these days. In fact most family Holdens have similar power. Its how you use that power.

I like the Subarus because of the build and the power delivery because thats what im used to. The new Holdens my wife likes because they are more sedate with torque.

They are a waste because you can\'t use them to their potential, or even close. simple. lot\'s of people just like having

a high performance car on the street... fair enough. I personally find it frustrating as hell, so leave it at home and use

a station wagon for daily use.

Swindog said:

Why not just have a 50kw scooter then? Lots of people can only afford what they can afford so buy a car they want, and use it.

Not everyone can afford a nice car for the weekends and a daily driver as well.

I realise that, and I did say it was my personal opinion that they are waste for daily use.

I need a station wagon, I don\'t want one.

Anyway, I think the OP is just another dreamer wasting time on the interweb... kinda like us

right now!

Having got a 300kw car. I have never used the potential/ power on the street. IMO realistically all you can do whilst trying to keep your car out of impound is a bit of aggressive acceleration. Whilst that\'s fun is it worth the 10k plus plus.

However if you were going to track days etc much different story

300wheel will need 25+k easily if starting with a daily unmodifed car. bank 30 to be safe.

a gtx3071r will see 300 at about 25+psi and will be revvy and explosive.

a gt or gtx3582 will go nicely on a 2.5 long block and see 300+ at about 20spi but they get det limited very quickly at about that psi / combo. the 2.5 is less revvy more torquey and less explosive.

funkytown said:

300wheel will need 25+k easily if starting with a daily unmodifed car. bank 30 to be safe.

+1

I completly agree I write this from experience, and I have got a lot of stuff for free.

Personally I found my old power 205 kw atw was plenty for a daily and to be honest most of the race stuff I did too. If you have the finances then go for it, if you try to do it on the cheap, don\'t expect it to last too long.

so genuine question to OP

1) why do you particularly want 300? (why not 250 or even something silly like 400?)?

2) have you ACTUALLY been in a 300wheel car? or personally driven one in anger to validate q1 above?

in my own experience in 3 x 300kw cars you have a usable 2nd gear and then you\'re in illegal territory. so spending 30k for 2nd gear pulls on the public road is an expensive way to go. Yes it will have a power band a bit to the right hand side so its not going to be overly responsive.

From the results ive seen in the current Garrett range, for street driving i believe the gtx2863 would be a real screamer. couple that with either or AVCS and twinscroll and it would be like a vf34 on steroids. this would give an awesome power band with great area under the curve in a usable band on the street - and closer to 260 than 300wkw.