Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Teretonga public track day new dates (first post)

DRIFDY

Teretonga public track day

Sat 18 July

Morning 10am Timed 1/4 mile single car sprint(Drag)

Afternoon 1pm track laps

$70 for the day or $40 for one event

TERETONGA PARK

REGULATIONS

Your opportunity to drive around the best motor racing circuit in New Zealand!

Drive around an International Motor Racing Circuit in a safe and friendly environment and get involved with Motor Sport.

Competitor Entry Fee is $70.00 including GST payable at documentation.

Requirements are:

- Current WOF and Registration.

- NZ Drivers Licence.

- A mechanical and safety check must be passed. Noise limit 95dba.

- An approved crash helmet and clean, protective one piece fire-retardant or pure cotton fabric overalls must be worn.

- No passengers to be carried.

- Cars will be separated into categories.

- Prior to entering the circuit for testing, each session will assemble in the Assembly Area and await the signal to proceed on to the circuit proper. (Sessions will rotate in order according to demand)

- Special conditions apply.

- No racing allowed, cars will leave dummy grid at 5 second intervals.

- All drivers are required to attend a briefing before using circuit. This will be held at the conclusion of Documentation.

Proposed Timetable (subject to change)

8.30 to 9.45 Documentation/Scrutineering (will continue till 12.30 for Afternoon

Session)

9.45 Drivers Briefing

9.55 Track Clearance & Gates Colsed

10.00 Standing 1/4 Mile

12.30 Documentation/Scrutineering Closes for Afternoon Session

12.30 Drivers Briefing

12.40 Track Clearance & Gates Closed

12.45 to finish Circuit Sprints ,track time

Robert Ralston

Clerk of the Course

NOTE: I will get back to you on price $70 for the day or $40 for one event

The next track day dates are

not 100% confirmed

September 5/6 or 12/13

November 7/8

Jan 30/31

Feb 27/28

March 27/28 Drift South round 4

April 24/25

June 12/13

So the Saturday is the main public day 1/4 mile drag/sprint and track time

and Sunday is Club Sport Motorkana and [sprints (you need a MSNZ licence)]

if yous have any ideas,feedback pm me

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RAYDEO said:

oh thats a shame, cant match the RA against you and see if ive made any gains :P

Gains? Dont need to get on the track for that...you just need to see the setup to see it has gains matey potatey!

Youll see if you come down but the little lady *whip sound* (mike) is right. I spent just on $3k on it the l ast few months... the weddings only a few months away and we are a "little" behind where we should be to pay for it cos of the bluebullet.

BUT trust me the first chance i get after the wedding ill be there, smoking you RAY.:)

• Admin
 Swindog']

[quote name='RAYDEO said:

oh thats a shame, cant match the RA against you and see if ive made any gains :P

/quote]

Gains? Dont need to get on the track for that...you just need to see the setup to see it has gains matey potatey!

Youll see if you come down but the little lady *whip sound* (mike) is right. I spent just on $3k on it the l ast few months... the weddings only a few months away and we are a "little" behind where we should be to pay for it cos of the bluebullet.

BUT trust me the first chance i get after the wedding ill be there, smoking you RAY. :)

hahaha yes! gains, but remember in not driving a white elephant anymore... and im now running on all 4 cylinders ;)

hahaha i know you'll still whip me, but i might enjoy it ;) not really... but, dreams are free...

If i remember correctly you struggled to keep up last time out. All i know is the vortex i created behind me stole all the air from in front of your car creating not enough air entering your engine causing it to lean out and do what did. Unfortunate but a common occurence racing the blue bullet

• Admin
 Swindog said:

If i remember correctly you struggled to keep up last time out. All i know is the vortex i created behind me stole all the air from in front of your car creating not enough air entering your engine causing it to lean out and do what did. Unfortunate but a common occurence racing the blue bullet

uuhhhh huh...

my engine was shaged already... (running on 3 cylenders) but the white elephant was catching you around the corners...

• Admin
 Swindog said:

Catching me around the corners? What was that video on Youtube? Me flying past you and disappearing into the distance? :)

lol if wou watch the unedited video, you pass me at a great rate of knots and i gain on you round the following corners... then we hit the stright again and you're off....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwM75A_eAMM

from 0:49 onwards ;)

You did speed it up....did you catch me or did i just not gain any more than what was already there?

Seriously though I was having huge probs that day with handling. The front is all sway barred up and had 4 points struts and stuff everywhere but the back doesnt have anything. Was getting way loose in the tail. I should have taken the 4 point strut off to be fair and it would have fixed it. Just means i need that adjustable rear sway bar and anitlift kit :)

• 3 weeks later...
 DRIFDY said:

Teretonga public track day

Sat 18 July

Morning 10am Timed 1/4 mile single car sprint(Drag)

Afternoon 1pm track laps

$70 for the day or $40 for one event

TERETONGA PARK

REGULATIONS

Your opportunity to drive around the best motor racing circuit in New Zealand!

Drive around an International Motor Racing Circuit in a safe and friendly environment and get involved with Motor Sport.

Competitor Entry Fee is $70.00 including GST payable at documentation.

Requirements are:

- Current WOF and Registration.

- NZ Drivers Licence.

- A mechanical and safety check must be passed. Noise limit 95dba.

- An approved crash helmet and clean, protective one piece fire-retardant or pure cotton fabric overalls must be worn.

- No passengers to be carried.

- Cars will be separated into categories.

- Prior to entering the circuit for testing, each session will assemble in the Assembly Area and await the signal to proceed on to the circuit proper. (Sessions will rotate in order according to demand)

- Special conditions apply.

- No racing allowed, cars will leave dummy grid at 5 second intervals.

- All drivers are required to attend a briefing before using circuit. This will be held at the conclusion of Documentation.

Proposed Timetable (subject to change)

8.30 to 9.45 Documentation/Scrutineering (will continue till 12.30 for Afternoon

Session)

9.45 Drivers Briefing

9.55 Track Clearance & Gates Colsed

10.00 Standing 1/4 Mile

12.30 Documentation/Scrutineering Closes for Afternoon Session

12.30 Drivers Briefing

12.40 Track Clearance & Gates Closed

12.45 to finish Circuit Sprints ,track time

Robert Ralston

Clerk of the Course

NOTE: I will get back to you on price $70 for the day or $40 for one event

so the bit in bold about no racing....whats the go there?

No racing means ... no racing funny enough. Its not about being the fastest on the track and passing people but having fun pushing the limits without the hazards you get on the road (kids, animals, cops etc). Most track days generally make this more specific by allowing passing only under acceleration on straights, no passing under brakes or through the corners.

It only takes one git who isn't as good as they think to come smoking up the inside of you and overcook it to ruin everyones day. Also be aware most insurance co's don't cover track days.