Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

AVS Car Security - Alarm Questions/Help Section

AVS Car Security

Hey Guys

If you have any questions regarding what alarm to get for your car or need any help with your current alarm, what ever brand it is (AVS of course ;)), feel free to ask here and we can help you out. Remember, Subarus are among the most stolen cars in New Zealand, so make sure yours is safe!! AVS star rated alarms also all come with onboard turbo timers for no extra cost, so you can look after your turbo while looking after your cars security 8)

Also, if your having problems with your alarm check here: http://www.avscarsecurity.com/troubleshooting/

AVS Car Security said:

Hi subieboy

We dont keep records of cars for security reasons but the best option would be to give me a ring in the office and I can work out what you have had installed :)

Brad

Cheers Brad,

Once I get back to NZ I will give you a call (In Brisvegas)

Glen said:

If some genius shorted the LED on their alarm, what would need replacing? :-[

Try replacing the LED first. You can source ultra-bright blues/whites/reds (whatever you're after) from Jaycar Electronics. If its too bright, current limit it with a resistor.

I would imagine the LED is not driven straight off the microprocessor inside the AVS alarm unit, but rather switched through a transistor. Can't say for sure (have never opened an AVS box up before), but if this is the case you may need to have this part replaced. That's probably an AVS return to manufacturer job I would imagine - as touching the internals would most likely void your warranty.

But try the striaght LED replace first off - that might hopefully do the trick.

suubyduuby']

[quote name='Glen said:

If some genius shorted the LED on their alarm, what would need replacing? :-

Try replacing the LED first. You can source ultra-bright blues/whites/reds (whatever you're after) from Jaycar Electronics. If its too bright, current limit it with a resistor.

I would imagine the LED is not driven straight off the microprocessor inside the AVS alarm unit, but rather switched through a transistor. Can't say for sure (have never opened an AVS box up before), but if this is the case you may need to have this part replaced. That's probably an AVS return to manufacturer job I would imagine - as touching the internals would most likely void your warranty.

But try the striaght LED replace first off - that might hopefully do the trick.

Yeah I've actually checked and there is no voltage coming out of the unit to the LED. Used one of those multi meter devices. So I'm assuming it's something internal.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey ya dude, i'v got an AVS alarm (not sure of model) but the doors don't seem to lock when i set it (to arm it), it unlocks it when i disarm it tho just doesn't want to lock it again when rearming? any ideas?

cheers

Hey thanks

I will try and get into you guys some time next week, are guys still on vega pl just off constellation dr?

hey mate,

Could you please tell me what the black wire is for hanging out the bottom of the black box (the brains i think?) is for, i managed to fix the problem with the door not locking (relay feckd) this whole thing is wired up weird, im no electrician but it sure as hell looks a mess for sure.

I pretty tight for time after work so unsure of when i'll get in.

Cheers.

AVS Car Security said:

Yes that is probably the aerial if it is a single wire coming from the opposite side of the brain to the main harness. Unfortunately some installers are not as particular as they should be, is it all working as it should??

Brad

:'( nah mate almost nothing is going now , i fecked up lol, pm sent for booking in.

Thanks to Brad at AVS, North Harbour.

Cheers for fixing up my half of an alarm mate lol, it's a bit of a mess aye, but it's all up and working proper now.