Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Water/Meth injection

Stoffa

• Admin
 Stoffa said:

one of the downside of running a G4 you lose the auto spray unless you rewire the switch then set it to activate

Mine still sprays ;/ HEAPS. Like way more than the standard setup. I think it\'s tied to boost/load level now rather than RPM.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

boon']

[quote name='Stoffa said:

one of the downside of running a G4 you lose the auto spray unless you rewire the switch then set it to activate

/quote]

Mine still sprays ;/ HEAPS. Like way more than the standard setup. I think it\'s tied to boost/load level now rather than RPM.

That standard setup is RPM triggered???

• Admin
 loner']

[quote name='Stoffa said:

/quote]

That standard setup is RPM triggered???

On my V7 it seemed to be - around 5.5k? You can hear the relay click on and off usually.

Have you thought about running e85 flexi fuel system? different type of alcohol but good gains can be had not as much as water methanol probably.

g4 can support it with a few mods of components?

• 5 months later...
 evowrx said:

Roughly how quick do you use up say 1l of water/meth? I know its very open ended but just any idea would be good.

standard subaru washer bottle would last say around 6 laps ruapuna at wot most of the time (12 gal nozzle).

i think there 4l?

evowrx said:

Looks like a really good mod for me considering Im hardly ever on boost. You still need a bigger turbo to make the most of it all or does it give you gains with a maxed turbo?

youll still get gains from tuning ..... iat\'s come down freeing up more power

the higher octane means you can pick up some more to .

the difference was very noticeable im my car for sure!

evowrx said:

Anyone down your way run it on a VF or similar -550cfm turbo with documented gains? I can only get 95 up here anyway so obvious gains to be had on the octane side of things.

not on a vf no.

I also used 95 and meth before going to avgas .

ill have to do some back to back tests this time around be good to see gains rather then trusting a site

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

So back to this, wifey thinks I should get it. Picking I can do away with the boost switch and activate it using IAT and MAP conditions thro G4 but what are people doing for a failsafe for empty tank just a float switch? Looking at the devilsown kits and the pumps can run dry but really need a backup plan for if it runs out. Just thinking on it till Ive checked a few things but I see the merit in it up here where we dont have 98 but hoping adding 50/50 to 95 would bring it up to over 98 octane.

gotasuby said:

i use low level and also AFR GP limit so if it goes lean it cuts out

Lean over a certain psi to get around off throttle lean? The float switch works all good cornering hard?

Best location to run single nozzle?

GP limits can set different AFR limits based on map. so I set up with no limit under vacuum and ramp it up to full cut at 13:1 at full boost.

float switch works well. set up limit for float switch with delay so if it sloshing around it wont cut and have it about 30-40mm above pickup level.

I usually inject around 300-400mm before throttle body and make sure it before IAT as the G4 can adjust for cooler temps

I had mine set up so the meth would kick in at 15psi approx and the tune would change to suit I had a level switch when the level was low it cut out the boost control and ran back on wastegate pressure 14psi (tune uneffected by meth 14psi<)

My meth injection was also progressive using a solid state relay controlled via link

Also in regards to the cornering hard question on my set up I ran the proper devilsown tank (link below) and where the level switch mounts it has an internal baffle and the pickup for pump was mounted about 1" below this

http://www.alcohol-injection.com/en/tanks/346-25-gallon-sumped-tank.html

Was reading your thread on devilsown last night was going to ask you how you set up the d/c thing to make it progressive but only after I\'ve actually got one.

Anyone imported one lately? Looks like $330nzd for stage 1, float switch and 4 quart tank but can see shipping and customs blowing it up a fair bit from there.