Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

The "Hose 10" Mod - BE/BH

Marky

I say Mr Hose10 Mod guru's, on a revd with an aftermarket BOV (I think its an old model GFB), the BOV hose has some sort of factory looking joiner/ restrictor pill in it.

Did they have something in that hose from factory, or is it something the BOV installer did?

• 3 weeks later...

So i did this today on my 02 ASDM B4 and it gets a little snapier on the primary no detonation on secondary at 21 deg like it had done if i pushed it too hard. The wierd thing is in 5th gear at 100km it normally sat at 3100RPM but now sits at 2600RPM. Can anyone tell me if they have had similiar experience with RPM Dropping at highway speeds???

Yea i know its bloody weird what im trying to find out is what everyone elses sits at on 100 km with same car as mine weather my tacho has been miss reading or not.

eeesh facepalm i had a seniors moment and got it mixed up with my gen3 outback

Edited by PUREBROWN

Codex said:
I wonder if this is why there was a delete on my bg gtb\'s supercharged pressure relief valve #1 solenoid so it doesn\'t release in a similar way o-o although bov in gen 2 feeds straight to inlet without a T

I realise this is an old post but your #1 solenoid that deals with the supercharged pressure to the secondary relief valve is there incase you put degraded fuel in and the ECU senses and opens the #1 solenoid ( limiting boost) to prevent damage to the engine if you are using proper rated fuel it should never relief secondary supercharged press.

I know that the secondary valve is for that purpose what im saying is if you have not got the rated fuel your ecu will keep that secondary relief valve cracked open via solenoid # 1 to purposely deminish boost to protect your engine. It doesnt activate otherwise, normal operation would see the relief valve bypassing secondary boost until pre spool is aquired then it closes

edit tried putting pic up i fail have a look at twin turbo operation and secondary relief valve operation then check out the note about solenoid 1 if i have this wrong may i step on a thousand lego pieces in the carpet

Edited by PUREBROWN

The ecu drops boost by shutting off the boost control solenoid to make it run less - not deliberately venting it all back to the intake

Hence all the posts you see bout cars running 8psi when in "limp mode", just opening a valve to dump it back to intake is a very stone age way of regulating boost - it would also only have an effect when on secondary mode

Fair enough did you see that info i was talking about though? Also food for thought about the "useless hose" do you think suby might of put it there to relief the pressure at high boost operations so you dont stress the relief valve diapghram out?. I know later revisions were ment to have it same as mod and not have that plumbing but which one? My ej208D has it as stock ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well turns out maybe I can't :P

I noticed on everyone else's pics that (aside from your engine bays all looking much cleaner than mine! :D) the hose from the BOV goes directly onto the intake - mine connects to a pipe:

wmnncjhl.0xw.jpg

So to do this mod, I take the hose off that the arrow is pointing to below, bung the hose and the T inlet that it was connected to, and I'll have more vroom?

1yptamd1.3vw.jpg

That's correcto

If you trace that hose, you'll find it still goes onto the intake mani

The tee-d off bit goes back to intake (just before the primary turbo inlet), what you want to do is take that out of the equation and have the hose from manifold to BOV be a direct line with no bleed offs

I just chucked my boost gauge onto the T, it's quite convenient really

• Joker unpinned this topic