• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

The "Hose 10" Mod - BE/BH

Marky

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
 Marky said:
I genuinely don't know how ^ that went wrong, but anyway

Did it to wifeys new rev-d on the weekend, time taken approx 8-12 seconds - take hose off the T junction before the BOV, block hose, put a cap on the open T outlet, done

Will use said outlet for a boost gauge if it ever gets one

Net result - goes a bit better, neat

I like the idea of using the tee to connect a boost gauge but I've heard of people saying to have a separate vacuum line for BOV and boost gauge or else you will get incorrect readings. I definitely want to do it this way as it's more convenient. Just wanna hear your opinion. Thanks in advance buddy. You're the best!!

mjcruz13 said:
I like the idea of using the tee to connect a boost gauge but I've heard of people saying to have a separate vacuum line for BOV and boost gauge or else you will get incorrect readings. I definitely want to do it this way as it's more convenient. Just wanna hear your opinion. Thanks in advance buddy. You're the best!!

As long as nothing is leaking the only negative would be a slight delay in boost gauge response, due to the BOV diaphragm/actuator. Doubt it would ever be noticeable with 2 gauges side by side.

Today I fixed the fallout of a line-10 mod on a BH5A GT. Customer brought the car to me with a blown primary. I noticed the primary it had in it was a VF18 also, from a BG, indicating it's not the first primary it's popped.

Modder beware. The line-10 mod won't kill you engine, the boost you get with it is well within what the motor can handle for sure. It's the turbo that suffers, primary's are already under enough stress as it is, basically boosting the entire time you drive (especially bad with autos, which this car was). Making them boost as much as a single turb is a sure fire way to shorten their life span. And the notion that "that's how rev. D's do it, so it must be fine" doesn't gell with me, my assumption is they would be tuned to run like that, the map for primary boost control is surely different to a pre-facelift.

All that said and done though, I went ahead and inspected the mesh filter inside the oil feed banjo, and sure enough it was blocked to f*ck. So blocked I couldn't clean it, so out she came for good. So obviously just the line-10 mod on it's own wasn't the sole factor in two successive primary turbo failures with this vehicle, but I'm sure it had a role in it.

So to those performing this mod, I suggest you treat the rest of the car with respect, you will be putting more strain on your primary, so no f*cking about skipping oil changes and running cheap oil, and inspect your feed banjo bolt mesh once in a blue moon (yeah, the c*nty one that sits behind the cambelt).

Edited by ReubenH

• 2 weeks later...
  • Joker unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, patrickc22 said:

So on my rev d I tryed to hose 10 mod and it raised the boost on full boost it would go up to about 19 psi and it would fuel cut 

what would the reason be hind it and why 

Strange. Worked fine on mine. They are slightly different to the Rev a-c.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

theres a hose between bov and manifold. If it has a hose t'd off it then cut that hose and block both ends. There is a video I made on the "twin turbo Subaru legacy owners club" page on facebook, also note some rev'd models dont respond well to the mod. And this mod can only be done on 3rd gens not second gens

• Like 1

Sorry, how do I tell if I have a rev-d or if it is gen 3?, I do see a "T" at the end of the hose coming off the bov though, I tried taking it off and blocking both sides, went for a drive and it did not seem to change anything at all?. Will take a pic and post it in the morning, maybe that may clear things up a bit.