Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

The "Hose 10" Mod - BE/BH

Marky

edit: have now run a new vac line from the manifold to the air intake, line 10 sticking out of the guard I now have venting to atmo not sure if this is correct? boost has returned but still only have 8-9 psi on primary in 1st & 2nd but in 3rd I now have 14 psi on primary, which isn\'t bad :)

wait, what? haha

*all* you do is remove / block off that hose which is teed off from the bov hose

thats it

nothing with hoses from the guard etc, those ones are where your boost controller hides

i cant go check on mine sorry - im not using the factory boost control

i might have to edit the first post with a picture or something haha

"edit" - i see where its all gotten horribly confused

I\'m going to borrow a stock b4 (nick you wont mind) and rewrite the first post, with the factory boost control out of the picture you can do things quite different to with it in place - apologies for the confusion

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Tried to install a BOV today and noticed something.

I don't think my Rev D has this done to it from factory.

There is a T-piece in the BOV hose and then that T's to a hose that goes into the manifold and hose 10 which comes from the passenger side.

It's set up like the top diagram acidbath posted.

Weird.

• 2 months later...

Just reverted back to normal rev a-c vac hose 10 setup for fuel economy reasons and my warm idle is sitting around 800-900rpm. This wasnt the case with hose 10 mod in use or before I first used the mod.

Have already done ecu reset but to no help.

Marky said:
What's the problem exactly? The idle sits like 100rpm high?

You'll probably see less economy this way - it's basically a boost leak and you'll need to use more pedal to go the same pace

Yeah just a high idle. Its kind of rough as well but it doesn't effect the manifold vacuum or rpm.

Im gonna revert today and see what happens.

I'm going to do some testing with this again soon. Been running my car on this setup for the last year or longer when it was first posted.

I've since gone to a mines ECU and sometimes the boost is peaking at 19-20 PSI on the twins which is far too much for my liking.

If I revert back to the T piece I loose secondary boost all together, most bizarre.

nickmcgill said:
I'm going to do some testing with this again soon. Been running my car on this setup for the last year or longer when it was first posted.

I've since gone to a mines ECU and sometimes the boost is peaking at 19-20 PSI on the twins which is far too much for my liking.

If I revert back to the T piece I loose secondary boost all together, most bizarre.

If going back to stock T piece, make sure all of the original restrictor pills are in the right lines. Otherwise all of the manifold boost pressure going into the BOV hose to hold the BOV shut, will be bleeding straight into the intake. So possible that the BOV is blowing open slightly dropping boost:

HTdnyHI.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Joker unpinned this topic