• Invercargill - Teretonga
    • Cromwell - Highlands Park
    • Timaru - Levels
    • Christchurch - Ruapuna
    • Palmerston North - Manfield
    • Taupo - Taupo Motorsprot Park
    • Auckland - Pukekohe
    • Auckland - Hampton Downs

My opinion is no matter where it is its not too far. We are currently in whangarei. From chch and came to this rally event because we wanted to. It\'s not that far. 1200km each way. Anyone who says it is too far to travel obviously wasn\'t going to come in the first place

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gotasuby said:

My opinion is no matter where it is its not too far. We are currently in whangarei. From chch and came to this rally event because we wanted to. It\'s not that far. 1200km each way. Anyone who says it is too far to travel obviously wasn\'t going to come in the first place

Or doesn\'t have quite the same budget as someone in nz rally champs :-\

Got to cater for all ends of spectrum if you want moar numbers to show up

Marky']

[quote name='gotasuby said:

/quote]

Sas pays for the car and has no sponsors atm. Also he is technically unemployed :D

Marky']

[quote name='gotasuby said:

/quote]

They have a very limited budget for what they do. Every piece of scrap metal counts

Haha, fine - ill rephrase. Plenty who may want to go but budget for a car related trip could get stretched when cost is same as a family trip to gold coast for example, make it more do-able and you\'d have more attending

Personally idgaf buuuut if you want to drum up more interest / members you give the people what they want, rather than dictating to them to suck it up

Sorry if that comes off a bit harsh, can\'t word it right.

• General Member
 ODB said:

how the worm has turned - CS now piggybacking on DOBC.

Something I never thought Id see.

It is interesting to see, I dont know if its really piggy backing as its a Playday anyway, Joe did an outstanding job of getting the first one together and this second one is an extension of that.

Due credit to Joe as it is his baby and event number 1 was a bloody good day for all involved.

ODB said:

Can you please add a part in the poll for 2013.

I want the MM in 2013!

It is , kinda

http://www.clubsub.org.nz/forum/index.php/topic,37422.0.html

It just wont be a Clubsub megameet as such .

Just to clarify why this has happened , Megameet takes alot of planning , with almost 13 months having passed since MM12 when the new committee was appointed , and nothing in place by the outgoing committee , we were left with few options for MM13 .

Hence the decision to join the DOBC event and concentrate efforts on a bigger and better 2014 event.

RAYDEO said:

interesing, all this talk about Timaru, but Manfield is leading the votes... followed by Taupo.

Now Taupo would be a freekin Blast! so much to do here...

Jus\' sayin\'

But as stated taupo is really expensive and people have to put even more money into it

DacerX']

[quote name='RAYDEO said:

interesing, all this talk about Timaru, but Manfield is leading the votes... followed by Taupo.

Jus\' sayin\'

/quote]

But as stated taupo is really expensive and people have to put even more money into it

Whats the current costing?

• Admin
 DacerX']

[quote name='RAYDEO said:

Jus\' sayin\'

/quote]

I don\'t remember the specifics, but I have no idea why it was that expensive, I\'ve run track days there since and they are less than half that price. Looking around 2 and a half to three max now days

ODB said:

Point is votes dont really mean jack without attendance.

I might want to go on track at Pukekohe and vote but chances of me making it there are zero.

Im not suggesting Christchurch - but I think other areas in the SI need some love.

with with ross on this one, ive wanted to go to one since ive joined but only till last year was it even viable, if a NI one happens ill never get the chance

• Admin
 Fastfour said:

There might be a new contact for taupo now. I could see if I could get a price.

Have a go if you have time mate, I\'m in corospondants with Jeff, the CEO.But your contact might have a better price.

WorkshopMgr said:

OK Just to settle it ....

Taupo track hire for MM 2011 was $4,300-

thanks for looking that up. i remember the initial quote was 3k each track, 6 for both which could be joined. we must have struck a deal somewhere :)

I won\'t forget the attitude of the guy running the track last time though. then they asked us to pay for an oil spill. running a camera around the track first thing in the morning is good insurance

• Admin
 SP00N said:

Agreed

Auckland venues could also count to taupu

Pukekohe might be cheap....

with the recent developments at Puk, no they\'re freeking expencive now.

if were talking track affordability in the north island, Taupo and Manfield are our two best choices.

hell if i didn\'t live so far away id be jumping at Teretonga, $800 for the full track in the winter.