Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

FrontMount intercooling

Zach

Pretty sure they do. It was the V5+ that changed to the offset manifold bolt pattern. P/S res may still get in the way. Can always swap for a V7+ (??) reservoir that is remotely mounted. Or make one yourself, but beware of leaks!

Zach said:

Serisously koom how do you just know that sorta stuff. Freaking gandalf I swear :o

Years of Uni studying Engineering which is basically a degree in how to extract the information you need from mountains of text, which helps when reading the internet. Books still win every day of the week for real information and they are beated by "doing" it in the real world :)

We spent years and years basically living at the RDL workshop building cars and talking sh** every evening of the week.

Timmah said:

If you\'r ever bored, go pick the brains of Tony at RDL ;) One up from Koom. And if you\'re lucky, Koom might be there! Drinking Tony\'s beer and using his tools.

Its actually Leigh\'s beer :P

Tony has just a little tiny bit more experience in the art of building cars than I do. But I can talk more smack than him about how I\'m going to build the worlds greatest car, but it has proven to be a long term paperweight ;D

And getting paid for it. Aww man that musta been mean and even cooler because it was prob the 90\'s so nirvana woulda been on the radio at the exact same time xD. Thanks for the info\'s though. Great stuff.

Koom']

[quote name='Timmah said:

If you\'r ever bored, go pick the brains of Tony at RDL ;) One up from Koom. And if you\'re lucky, Koom might be there! Drinking Tony\'s beer and using his tools.

/quote]

Its actually Leigh\'s beer :P

Tony has just a little tiny bit more experience in the art of building cars than I do. But I can talk more smack than him about how I\'m going to build the worlds greatest car, but it has proven to be a long term paperweight ;D

;D

I must go see how he is. A bummer my car is running super well since he replaced my Up-Pipe and I ran out of $$ to do mods.

Mostly spent, as the Fiesta doesn\'t take a fraction of our after hours time to keep it running and Josh can\'t change everything on it weekly as he used to with the WRX. So now I just go there to hang out, rather than work for 8 hours after working 8 hours in the office. I\'m too old for that sort of carry on now!

I looked at the RS tonight, finally got the last fittings I needed for the new fuel pump. Got that and the breather to set up then I\'m ready to find out about getting it re-certed now that all the rust is gone.

Then once, legal, I can sort the tune out and iron out any more issues that want to raise their head.

But we\'re looking at buying a house so it may just be a matter of sitting on it until we\'re settled in somewhere new.

Zach said:

And getting paid for it. Aww man that musta been mean and even cooler because it was prob the 90\'s so nirvana woulda been on the radio at the exact same time xD. Thanks for the info\'s though. Great stuff.

Only if you consider beer and workshop access to be payment :P

Was more a case of a bunch of mates spending stupid amounts of money on cars for the fun of it.

p.s. was the mid 2000\'s. I\'m not that old! haha I hadn\'t started high school before Nirvana ceased existing.

evowrx said:

You reckon we could get some pics of it maybe an under hood un or 2?

Hasn\'t changed looks wise since I put the big shiny intake pipe on it.

Can see the intercooler pipe under the intake that leads straight to the top of the intercooler (just to keep this on topic :P)

DSC00899.jpg

CDB 2.0L with 2.5 crank for a grand total of a huge 2.133 litres...

All forged and ported/valve grindy V3 STI RA heads/cams, mostly for the solid lifters.

Twin-scroll Holset HX35w with 12cm exhaust housing.

No idea of how much power its going to make or what the boost threshold will be. The original setup, on a 2.0L with single scroll exhaust feeding the big turbo made somewhere around 270kw but didn\'t make any boost until somewhere around 5-5.5k rpm cause it was the most band-aid setup I\'ve ever put my name too. Fun times though ;D

Will be awesome koom :) all those subs running holsets are weapons

Zach i might have some split rails in my tool box? I know i have v5/6 ones but they need re-welded as to why i run aftermarket v5/6 ones,

Flipping the manifold, fmic, even a 4plug wrx link ecu from tm & then the list gets bigger & bigger :)

CUDDAS said:

Will be awesome koom :) all those subs running holsets are weapons

Zach i might have some split rails in my tool box? I know i have v5/6 ones but they need re-welded as to why i run aftermarket v5/6 ones,

Flipping the manifold, fmic, even a 4plug wrx link ecu from tm & then the list gets bigger & bigger :)

lol it seems like its one of those Enough is never enough. But Im always thinking about fuel ecnomy, I dont see myself going further than what you listed above. I know alot of people then go to a dyno and get a giga petrol injecting super saiyan tune after that lol.

The performance bug is harder to get rid of than rust. No matter how hard you try, it\'ll come back stronger than ever later on until it becomes terminal haha.

I actually miss my RS from the days when it was close to standard with just a Group N chip and an 3" pipe for an exhaust. Good times were had by all but I\'d be deaf if I was still driving that. Although I have a different type of daily to keep a smile on my face now, the RS is just for me to sit in the garage and make brrm brrrrrm noises.