Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

can I turn a gf8 Wrx (turbo) to sti eg ecu ,airflow meter,440cc injectors?

chopper69

stop using the motor as indication of its version. its not. its taken from the chassis designation.

there is a real grey area, and urban myth that you find some p1 motors in rev f shells and p2 motors in Rev e shells which this car looks to support.

yes the patterns mostly conforms to p1 in rev e and less, and p2 in rev f and beyond but its not the primary key.

in the context of the problem OP faces yes most of what you have said still all holds true which is fine. if you said it has yellows and three plug that is most often found IN a v3/4 chassis then you are more correct.

However note its still unclear but looks like its and NZDM car which wont just plug and play the v3/4 JDM STI ecus. wiring and pin out changes are most likely going to be required

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

scoobygt said:

the fact that his car has ........... tells me that the op\'s car is v3/4

sorry but what you said just above (i agree with) and what ive just quoted says the opposite.

car i deem as chassis in this case v5, running gear i deem as motor and other stuff you\'ve rightly pointed out are phase 1.*

*phase 1 stuff is normally found in version 1-4.

sweet?

• General Member

Might not even be original engine... All v5 I have seen are insert type AFM except one, one of my staff has a v5 (Chassis code) but the engine is surely not and has a purple AFM and it runs like a sack of shit.

Member on here a while ago had a v4 forester (sf5c) that was right on the change over, had insert type afm and one of the later 4 plug ecu\'s, giving more support to the "oddball" situations out there.

Pictures speak a thousand words, as atm everyone is saying yes no yes no yes no, idealy o/p needs someone who has done the swap, AND knows their s**t to pay a visit, see it in the flesh and go from there, my $0.02

chopper69 said:

did my photo of my engine bay work i dont no how to work computers computers make me so mad >:(

read the link Clint keeps posting.. and then once hosted somewhere (even on FB) pm me the links to the photos or something. or even link me to your FB and i can suss it..

funkytown said:

first pic - see the silver tag on the passenger strut - can you take a clear picture of that and post please...

also, pics please of:

underside of the oil fill cap

white engine identification sticker somewhere on the cam cover

the chassis number on the firewall behind the blue thing (FPR?)

the VIN plate dirvers strut tower

any VIN numbers on the rear windscreen

do the fuse boxes have japanese writing on the sticker? any japanese writing on the drivers sunvisor?

i should have this made by the time you\'re done ;D

The_Mystery_Machine_by_mikedaws.jpg

And.. who cares? Most of the TM kits need a smaller battery or insulation - it\'s nothing new and kinda irrelevant

Car has non facelift front, non insert AFM - but V5 tags - and is NZDM - short answer to the original question is "no it won\'t work" as a plug and play option

Question then becomes: (which someone will know the answer to no doubt) - what IS the plug and play options and would they be any benefit