Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

can I turn a gf8 Wrx (turbo) to sti eg ecu ,airflow meter,440cc injectors?

chopper69

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey funkhytown its hard for me to put photos on here cause my computer has just packed a sad and not working so im using my phe heres a link for those photos you asked for can you post them on here for me and i couldent take a photo of chassis number but its the same as number on strut tower tag and i couldnt take photo of sticker in cam cover but it has same engine number thats on strut tower tag https://www.facebook.com/steven.morrow.1004/photos

chopper69 said:

So i think we\'ve established Iv got a nz new 98 Wrx gf8fk8d it has a 3 plug ecu (8s)),purple airflow meter,380cc grey injectors can I install a sti ecu and orange airflow meter and yellow 440cc injectors?

Op is still rather confused and posting threads all over - heres the crux of his concern.

scoobygt said:

you have to ask your self why would Subaru change a wiring loom just for NZ new models?? The car is a v3/4 so in this case they should be identical if not then its just plain stupidity on Subaru\'s part.

Didn\'t they change it in the v5/6? Think QRAF had some troububble. But yeah I\'d be thinking the same..

I wonder how OPs ECU compares to my ECU.

scoobygt said:

you have to ask your self why would Subaru change a wiring loom just for NZ new models?? The car is a v3/4 so in this case they should be identical if not then its just plain stupidity on Subaru\'s part.

Duuuude. Its not. The motor is phase 1 like v3/4 cars normally have. The car/chassis is a rev f which is v5.

Im going to be a touch rude at this point-get it through ur thick skull

Its also reasonably well known that nzdm(exportDM) have different pin outs

Might be easier to generalize the models as V3/4, fucktard version with V5 chassis, then V5/6. So although this has V5 status its obvious its neither here nor there. Its pretty weird that they put together a version like that.

Generalising is what gets everyone in this confused mess. Call it exactly what it is.

Factory V5 car with a factory p1 ej20g.

Being an f revision is important because Itl be the loom and probably most specifically the ecu pin out on the ecu which will determine if a jdm 1s /3s /6s will just plug and play

fact of the matter is the whole car is a v3/4 even the exterior shows by this not having the face lift front and what not, i\'m not the one who needs to get it through my thick skull, just because it has a wee metal plate saying its a version 5 does NOT make it one!! clearly the whole car is a v3/4.

Youve inspected the loom and understand the 8s ecu pin outs?

Lol the plate is exactly what makes it what it is. Saying crazy stuff like it means jack shows your knowledge on the subject.

Clearly your fucked up opinion > the subaru factory determination. Twat.

Can we work it out by looking at a 8s ecu pinout and look at a 75 sti ecu and 6s sti ecu pinout snd see if they the same as the 8s .does any one have a pinout wiring diegram gor a 8s ecu and a 75 ecu and 6s ecu pinout iv looked on internet but cant find much but im no good on a computer does any one have the pinout diagrams?

funkytown']

Generalising is what gets everyone in this confused mess. Call it exactly what it is.

Factory V5 car with a factory p1 ej20g.

Being an f revision is important because Itl be the loom and probably most specifically the ecu pin out on the ecu which will determine if a jdm 1s /3s /6s will just plug and play

[quote name='scoobygt said:

fact of the matter is the whole car is a v3/4 even the exterior shows by this not having the face lift front and what not, i\'m not the one who needs to get it through my thick skull, just because it has a wee metal plate saying its a version 5 does NOT make it one!! clearly the whole car is a v3/4.

both of you have a good point, but now you\'re just barking at each other

i\'m willing to bet it has a v3/4 style loom, since its plugging into a v3/4 style ECU, and running a V3/4 style motor.

if there are electrical differences, maybe the exportDM looms include the factory immobiliser wiring which is usually noted on the JDM wiring diagrams, a few pins are different.

Jon, no offense, but it makes NO sense for Subaru to design the V5/V6 loom, then modify it back to suit V3/4.

anyway, this is all just speculation until someone actually dissects this damn car in person

no where did i say it has a v5/6 loom, i said its going to be the most important consideration for OP over the chassis and (known) engine quantities.

so no offense Nick but your taking liberties on what ive said. :P

i agree with you specifically where i\'ve said it will determine if its JDM compatibility

funkytown said:

i misinterpreted this then. my thoughts are that 1s/2s/3s/6s/7s/8s/75/88/8z are all 3plug v3/4 ecu and have no relation to F revision chassis at all

$(KGrHqV,!isFC8TOd7BSBQ8GptIZ8w~~60_12.J

evowrx']

I say plug it in with an extinguisher on the ready.

by PM, OP sent me a message earlier this morning and is included below.

So what vershon is my 98 Wrx?

hey dude,

i stand by my comments, its a f revision chassis, so its a very early 1998 version 5 in my eyes.

Those other photos Kamineko has asked for would be most useful in helping us help you more., and i can stick them up if you can get them to FB.

However it does look to have a phase 1 motor and running gear, which is no unheard of in early Revision F chassis. Given the interior and wiring / ecu designs change along the way i think you have reached an impasse on working out the wiring of your 8s, and its compatibility with a normal v3/4 designation 1/3/6 s ecu which pairs with the ej20g or ej20k.

Given the electrical stuff is not my strong point im not even sure if you can just try the ecu with out doing damage, else you are going to have to get the wiring pin outs. I\'m cautious about your wiring / ecu because i now the 260kmh NZDM cars usually arent plug and play even of the same chassis revision and also between pre and post facelift interiors have funky stuff going on with the dash cluster wiring.

Unfortunately it appears the 8s is rather oddball / rare, and the conversation / conclusion rests at the same place as is currently in the thread.

you could \'just try\' a 1/3/6s but as noted - i have NO IDEA what will happen, good or bad. You take that risk on your own - OR you ask more questions / do more research on CS / the internet.

sorry i cant be more definitive for you

Funky

[quote name='funkytown said:

/quote]

my thoughts are that 1s/2s/3s/6s/7s/8s/75/88/8z are all 3plug v3/4 ecu and have no relation to F revision chassis at all

for my clarification - 8s is of exportDM or JDM denomination?

well, that\'s pretty much the heart of this discussion. it seems 8S is a low spec V4 JDM and V5 exportDM ECU.

just looking at the V3/4 wiring diagrams: immobiliser wiring differs at the fuel pump relay/cam/crank ecu pins.

as mentioned earlier, i\'m willing to bet thats the issue people have had with exportDM cars

i would try the swap too. but be prepared for it not to work. i don\'t know how the factory immobiliser works yet