Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Custom cold air intake for v7 sti

WantbOOOOst

Has anyone made a custom cold airbox for their pod/intake setup on a v7 sti? would love to see some pics so i have an idea on where to start for mine. Am going to be removing all the factory stuff including reso etc and running either pvc or that flexi stuff from the bumper to the engine bay.

• Admin

The factory one is pretty good actually.

If you want a good aftermarket one, Process West do a really well built one that puts the pod down in the guard. Works well until you hit flooding....

Yeah, it\'s been tested many times before. Stock air box on a V7 is already pretty good for most cases.

Just take off the snorkel, and cover up the hole in the engine bay.

K&N do kits, though I\'m not sure of availability in NZ

http://www.knfilters.com/cold_air_intake/subaru_impreza_wrx.aspx

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=2560&bih=1315&q=wrx+cold+air+box&oq=wrx+cold+air+box&gs_l=img.3...1292.2826.0.2919.16.12.0.4.4.2.308.1137.9j1j1j1.12.0...0.0.0..1ac.1.17.img.kLZbJRNidTI

Yeah I\'ve been reading a lot and everyone says the stock setup is great etc etc but imo a sectioned off pod setup with a cold air feed will be better. It also sounds cool :D. Not to keen to have the pod down by the bumper or guard due to water reasons. looking to make something like the K&N ones.

leave the stock airbox in place, remove the under bonnet duct and block up the holes. run a pipe down from the standard box to the spotlight cover / behind spotlight.

replace under manifold pipe and maf to under manifold pipe, wicked spool sounds :)

SP00N']

[quote name='Ninja 8) said:

isint that just bits of intercooler piping ?

That was a custom one I had fabricated for my ver 8 STI. Probably the only pod id run on an AFM\'d car without stressing. I later on removed the AFM adaptor that sits between the turbo intake pipe under the manifold and this to replace it with stright pipe due to running onboard MAP Autronic ecu.

marc']

[quote name='Ninja 8) said:

isint that just bits of intercooler piping ?

That was a custom one I had fabricated for my ver 8 STI. Probably the only pod id run on an AFM\'d car without stressing. I later on removed the AFM adaptor that sits between the turbo intake pipe under the manifold and this to replace it with stright pipe due to running onboard MAP Autronic ecu.

made by you = must be awsum!!

• 4 years later...
On 7/14/2013 at 3:32 PM, Kiwi_Fozze said:

leave the stock airbox in place, remove the under bonnet duct and block up the holes. run a pipe down from the standard box to the spotlight cover / behind spotlight.

replace under manifold pipe and maf to under manifold pipe, wicked spool sounds :)

Sorry old topic but can you explain this more?

so remove the air duct under bonnet and intake silencer then run a pipe to spotlight area then what happened to under manifold pipe/maf?

Stock gets high pressure air from above radiator so if you are going to replace it you need to get something good.

pipe from guard is good but only if it's sealed to filter or boxed off. Pod in the inner guard wont be as good.

at 100pkh you get a good pre compressed and cool air feed to the factory one.

just pull the resonator if you want noise. But again these are tuned usually to the rpm at 100kph in top gear to feed the intake more efficiently.

Pull the white resonator off the back of the black box. The duct under the bonnet (that massive black scoop thing) feeds pressurised air into the air box, you remove that as well and you may as well run a pod. Keep that high pressure scoop thing.

If you do decide to remove it, then yeah block up the hole and duct it down below the spotlight. But better to keep that duct thing there