Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Wiring TB V5/6-V7/8?

the tps is different than usual. the power and ground are a center pin and out side one. signal out is a the other outer one. i can check but not for a week. isc needs power and ground and then 1 aux from ecu. from memory i think if you look inside plug there is a diagram. could be wrong. map sensor has a diagram inside plug im 99% sure

• Like 1

Still have this to sort out myself be good to know too. Have you got a 4 pin plug that needs to connect to a three pin plug?

Stoffa said:

You sould at least work out your inputs and outputs for the ecu first, is it a link g3 or linkplus g3? the normal G3 only has 8 outputs and if you want to use a digital input then you lose one of those outputs.

Are you going to run wasted spark or direct spark?

Stock V5/6 would use this for outputs on a wire in G3

Aux1 Fuel Pump

Aux2 Boost Solenoid

Aux3 A/C

Aux4 Tacho

Aux5 Idle Stepper

Aux6 Idle Stepper

Aux7 Idle Stepper

Aux8 Idle Stepper

Ign1 Coil1/3

Ign2 Coil2/4

I guess you\'ve ditched the A/C so you would have to join both Fan Relays together and use aux 3 for fan.

So if you want to run a high/low boost switch you need to use aux 4 as it gets changed in the software to direct input 1.

this set up ignores the engine check light and power steering torque switch which doesn\'t really matter, it also ignores the purge solenoid but you\'e probably ditched that as well.

There are only 2 AN temp inputs on a G3 so 1 for engine coolant and one for air intake temp (you want this )

There are 2 AN Voltage inputs, I\'ve used an oil pressure sensor and fuel pressure sensor on mine for safety setups but you will need to use one for a map sensor. (map sensor is mounted on a v7/8 throttle body so you cant have a vacuum line pop off)

so as you can see you quickly run out of inputs and outputs, if you use a v7/8 throttle body you need to use AUX1 for idle control but it frees up 3 AUX outputs which you can use for engine check, or shift light etc.

Think Ive got it by process of elimination not 100%:

TPS

1 Red - MAP +

2 Black with green trace - ECT/MAP/TPS -

3 Yellow with green trace - Ecu

IACV

1 White - Ecu

2 Red - Injectors +

3 Black with white trace - AVCS sol? -

MAP

1 Orange - Ecu

2 Black with green trace - ECT/MAP -

3 Red - TPS/tumblers +

Have a look at the V5 TB tonight.

• Like 1

evowrx said:

Think Ive got it by process of elimination not 100%:

TPS

1 Red - MAP + +5v

2 Black with green trace - ECT/MAP/TPS - sensor ground

3 Yellow with green trace - Ecu an volt in

IACV

1 White - Ecu auxiliary out

2 Red - Injectors + or any +12v source

3 Black with white trace - AVCS sol? - no this is ground

MAP

1 Orange - Ecu an volt

2 Black with green trace - ECT/MAP - sensor ground

3 Red - TPS/tumblers + +5v

Have a look at the V5 TB tonight.

Fixed

Sweet thanks, so 5v off my expansion loom will sort that map and TPS.

All 3 grounds be had from any common source?

Working out the pins on V5 is just a matter of using a test light to get the +/- then other is AN volt?

evowrx said:

Sweet thanks, so 5v off my expansion loom will sort that map and TPS.

All 3 grounds be had from any common source?

Working out the pins on V5 is just a matter of using a test light to get the +/- then other is AN volt?

you will already have 5v at v5 throttle body. The grounds for sensors must be sensor grounds not normal ground. Idle control can be grounded anywhere.

Yep idle thinking lol thought about it after I posted back feed and all. All the wires will be there just need to work them out. Testlight should do it will have a gander tonight if I find the time and post results.

V7 STI V5/6

TPS

1 Red - +5v Yellow with green trace

2 Black with green trace - Sensor ground Red with orange trace

3 Yellow with green trace - An volt White with red trace

IACV

1 White - Auxiliary out ?

2 Red - Injectors + or any +12v source ?

3 Black with white trace - Common ground ?

MAP

1 Orange - An volt Expansion loom

2 Black with green trace - Sensor ground TPS

3 Red - +5v TPS

With the V5 IACV Ive got 6 wires - 2 earth, 2 positive and 2 ecu Im guessing then have 4 lines into the ecu. Seem to be set up in opposite pairs with 2 red/positive in the middle. Idk which to use and link didnt either.

Colours should be pretty good the wires are grubby and Im a tad colour blind. Will have a look in better light.

Black with green trace - ?

Light green - earth

Thick red - positive

Red - positive

White - earth

Red - ?

The base map for v7 shows ISC solenoid on AUX 3 which would save me rewiring as aircon looms right there. Link said no but the options there on pclink just not on 5 through 8.

Edit: Think this is it.

1 - B134-5 - Black with green trace - ?

2 - Red - positive

3 - B134-6 - White - earth

4 - B134-4 - Light green - earth

5 - Red - positive

6 - B134-15 - Red - ?

So change to solenoid then just use 1 positive and 1 earth and use the aux 3 for a/c?

• Like 1

• 5 years later...