Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Ask your tuning questions here!

gotasuby

13 hours ago, gotasuby said:

Flat foot shifting is fine on gearbox and engine if it's fuel cut and setup correctly. 

the man speaks the truth .. its awsume when you get the FFS working correctly especially revmatched version but even the static limiter one works fine as well..

did you mean pops on decel?

its pretty easy on the links vs setting on the stock ecu but does sound cool to lots of ppl :)

liking ur new interest in the car BTW :)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, gotasuby said:

I wouldn't use antilag at all with stock valve springs. Flat foot shifting is fine on gearbox and engine if it's fuel cut and setup correctly. 

true, but to be honest i'm not really after proper rally style anti lag, perhaps what i'm after is not necessarily fitting within definition of anti lag since i'm less worried about what happens when foot is off throttle and more about enabling what i can to gain response when i flick switch and foot is on throttle :D  failing that, i am pretty much happy to just switch anti lag off entirely and just wait it out until i get my new turbo next year and do a bit of refresh work including changing the springs over which i guess would be necessary anyways since would be running higher boost levels with something like efr 7163 and e85.

would definitely still like to nail launch control though, not entirely sure where to / how to start. at present i seem to get to something like 2 psi at 5500 rpm with launch control on, i guess that's not how it should be, happy to experiment but would have been great to see some examples of it working on others setups then slowly upping my own numbers towards those points. never have had tire slip on launch , i must be doing it wrong :P

7 hours ago, Pappu1 said:

the man speaks the truth .. its awsume when you get the FFS working correctly especially revmatched version but even the static limiter one works fine as well..

did you mean pops on decel?

its pretty easy on the links vs setting on the stock ecu but does sound cool to lots of ppl :)

liking ur new interest in the car BTW :)

yep hunting for pops on decel lol. i have overrun fuel cut disabled atm on the ol link but not getting any of them pops. my new found interest is very expensive :S

Edited by Batbaruman

Isn't launch control just a two step rev limiter.

It doesn't build boost just holds the rpm limit low which the clutch in.

anti lag will build boost but from the sounds of it you want the anti lag only while the launch limiter is active.

Not sure on the link what your options have, but you could use speed as one of the conditions and under 10 kph have it enabled. It's a trick used on old ecus when you didn't have a clutch switch and you only want something to work on launch.

• Admin
Isn't launch control just a two step rev limiter. It doesn't build boost just holds the rpm limit low which the clutch in.

anti lag will build boost but from the sounds of it you want the anti lag only while the launch limiter is active.

Not sure on the link what your options have, but you could use speed as one of the conditions and under 10 kph have it enabled. It's a trick used on old ecus when you didn't have a clutch switch and you only want something to work on launch.

Uhhhhm, think you've got it backwards there bud. 

Launch Control is used to build boost on the line before you launch, so you don't bog down and out before you get out of the hole.

Anti lag doesn't build boost (EDIT: Unless you're talking WRC type sh!t which is mental and certainly does build boost) by any means, it just tries to maintain it best it can. Usually does this by dumping fuel into the cylinder off throttle, which exits the cylinder then when hits the hot manifold, explodes. Creating exhaust pulse and forcing the turbo to spool. Hence why it does heinous things to the manifold and turbo lol.

Also[mention=20441]batbaruman[/mention] you're also looking at it the wrong way. You absolutely should be looking at what the cars doing off throttle. That's where a ton of your response can be picked back up because of that lazy as hell potato of a turbo you have. Antilag is probably the biggest help to get it kicking. Keep the turbo on song, and you'll get better response.

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yip was talking WRC style dump fuel keep throttle from fully closing and watch the world burn anti lag, wasn't aware there was anything else that was truly anti lag. We were talking building boost off the line. But yes it's only to keep the turbo spinning usually.

i had thought of running the secondary air pump as part of a basic anti lag system since it will provide the air without having to keep the throttle open.

The down side is less vacuum so brake booster assist suffers :$ but life is full of hard choices.

launch control doesn't build boost if it's just a rev limiter as it doesn't generate load or greater exhaust volume. I'm sure you can do some trickery with fueling and get some more energy into the exhaust to assist but that's a bit more than basic launch control.

Edited by Gripless

To get more boost with a link on launch control. Make it retard your timing more and add a little more fuel when active. If you had better valve springs you could have run ign retard /cut mode and I could get you any boost up to 35psi on launch. Its extremely hard on gear though. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, gotasuby said:

To get more boost with a link on launch control. Make it retard your timing more and add a little more fuel when active. If you had better valve springs you could have run ign retard /cut mode and I could get you any boost up to 35psi on launch. Its extremely hard on gear though. 

ooooomg that sounds thrilling haha. @Dairusire you reckon its worth changing now or just wait and do a bit more at once (bottom end refresh, turbo, flex fuel retune etc.) ? part of me wants to get as much out of car in current state as possible before i take it to the next level next year. my launch is currently with fuel cut @5500rpm but was contemplating playing around with ign%cut instead

11 hours ago, Dairusire said:

Also[mention=20441]batbaruman[/mention] you're also looking at it the wrong way. You absolutely should be looking at what the cars doing off throttle. That's where a ton of your response can be picked back up because of that lazy as hell potato of a turbo you have. Antilag is probably the biggest help to get it kicking. Keep the turbo on song, and you'll get better response

true but i don't like that feeling at all of the brake pedal when i have anti lag switched on hence i'm kinda willing to forgo that for street driving (i thought the one way valve in my booster hose was meant to help with that but doesn't seem to be). ive got it so  when off throttle it can maintain around 0-2psi and start building boost as soon as i put foot down, which is better than the normal situation with this one as you know from having driven it, so i do get a 'snap' like response in low rpm but while i'm driving spirited way i'm always in high rpm anyway and responsiveness of turbo at high rpm is no problem at all, i switch gear put foot down and its right on target. is actually really good except for off the line / casual driving where i may get smoked by a nana car hence i wanna improve on that area first.

22 minutes ago, Batbaruman said:

ooooomg that sounds thrilling haha. @Dairusire you reckon its worth changing now or just wait and do a bit more at once (bottom end refresh, turbo, flex fuel retune etc.) ? part of me wants to get as much out of car in current state as possible before i take it to the next level next year. my launch is currently with fuel cut @5500rpm but was contemplating playing around with ign%cut instead

true but i don't like that feeling at all of the brake pedal when i have anti lag switched on hence i'm kinda willing to forgo that for street driving (i thought the one way valve in my booster hose was meant to help with that but doesn't seem to be). ive got it so  when off throttle it can maintain around 0-2psi and start building boost as soon as i put foot down, which is better than the normal situation with this one as you know from having driven it, so i do get a 'snap' like response in low rpm but while i'm driving spirited way i'm always in high rpm anyway and responsiveness of turbo at high rpm is no problem at all, i switch gear put foot down and its right on target. is actually really good except for off the line / casual driving where i may get smoked by a nana car hence i wanna improve on that area first.

Highly recommend not using ign cut on factory heads. Try raising the limit. More ign retard and slightly more fuel trim first. Should get you 10-15psi 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Gripless said:

Stock ecu :( 

its fully possible on stock ecu from v7-v11 and done multiple setups like that..

works rather well actually

can also adjust for either more noise or more flames on decel ( depending what ppl like)

for launch controll we can usually get 24psi at round 6500 rpm for the agressive launches (stock ecu )

can be dialed in lower obviously depending on what all the driver needs (or depends what level of show off they wana do :)  )

@Batbaruman

a little retard and turn off the fuel cut on decel and u will start getting it

also for launch controller - use a spark cut setup not the fuel cut

builds a lot of boost if thats what u need 

and raise the limit a bit more 

could meet up one day and try a few things out if u want

Edited by Pappu1
  • Like 2