gotasuby

Ask your tuning questions here!

385 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Dairusire said:

That's a fantastic question, to which I'd like the answer. The tuner believes it to be a trigger problem. However, I've since had all my engines triggers (crank, cam angle etc) all tested and they're good. 

Meanwhile I've got a different point of view from others which point it in another direction. Being vague as I don't want to point fingers as I don't 100% know yet and it's extremely hard to tell :/

I'm interested to find out what happened too, if you get confirmation then post it up, you don't have to name companies. 

pm me and I can tell you. Not here to bash but to be analytical and use logic and deduction.\

I now see the pics. She seems to be burning some oil tho. If the case, will be excessive detonation.

Was it noted or was just a one time tuned and with complaints?

I see some melting. Could be due to many things. Any logs leading up?

WHat was the oil pressure and oil used during the period?

Edited by west_minist

1 minute ago, west_minist said:

pm me and I can tell you. Not here to bash but to be analytical and use logic and deduction.\

I now see the pics. She seems to be burning some oil tho. If the case, will be excessive detonation.

Was it noted or was just a one time tuned and with complaints?

It shows to have burnt oil as a ton of it got pushed through into the intake tract and into the cylinders. At least that's what @Subirex Automotive my mechanic said to the best of my memory. 

It was just tuned the One time on Dyno. I'll PM you some more information @west_minist

It was burning oil long time for a bit. Either rings breaking down for blow by or other issues. That oil burning will cause detonation and if she was tuned for power, that will be a bad combination. Any oil catch cans?

Send me a pic of the engine when it was working?

Explain how she use to feel and drive.

1 person likes this

Reviewing the Link G+ log and the maps, she looks good except a bit of pinging, but I cannot see the AFR.

By any change, you had oil pressure issues?

Hey anyone know much on the link setup to stop boost cut being hit when I change from 3-4 and 4-5. If I change quickly or after a few laps on the track it has a we boost spike only when you change and hits he cut for a second or two and then goes to nornal

Reviewing the Link G+ log and the maps, she looks good except a bit of pinging, but I cannot see the AFR.

By any change, you had oil pressure issues?
Haven't had any oil pressure issues no. As for AFR, should be logged under lambda 1

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

On 14/09/2017 at 11:40 AM, Dairusire said:

That's a fantastic question, to which I'd like the answer. The tuner believes it to be a trigger problem. However, I've since had all my engines triggers (crank, cam angle etc) all tested and they're good. 

Meanwhile I've got a different point of view from others which point it in another direction. Being vague as I don't want to point fingers as I don't 100% know yet and it's extremely hard to tell :/

Trigger issue my willy, you don't melt a piston like that because the ECU loses track of a camshaft occasionally. Plus you would have got a CEL.

Based on the look of the pistons and bores, and especially the combustion chamber (filthy as, wtf), it's been burning oil for a while. As west_minist said, this will cause it to knock a lot.

I'll take my uneducated internets mechanic 2c and bet it on massively excessive breathing/blowby. Have a look in your intercooler, if it's full of oil that's your culprit.

This is assuming you have the breathers plumbed back into the intake, not to a catch can.

Side note, it will have taken a piss-load of knock to do that to your motor, did you not hear anything when it was happening?

7 minutes ago, boon said:

Trigger issue my willy, you don't melt a piston like that because the ECU loses track of a camshaft occasionally. Plus you would have got a CEL.

Based on the look of the pistons and bores, and especially the combustion chamber (filthy as, wtf), it's been burning oil for a while. As west_minist said, this will cause it to knock a lot.

I'll take my uneducated internets mechanic 2c and bet it on massively excessive breathing/blowby. Have a look in your intercooler, if it's full of oil that's your culprit.

This is assuming you have the breathers plumbed back into the intake, not to a catch can.

Side note, it will have taken a piss-load of knock to do that to your motor, did you not hear anything when it was happening?

The combustion chamber is filthy as heck due to when Ajay was diagnosing or checking etc, he had it running for a bit at idle and it was smoking like a mofo. my bet is this pushed all the oil through and is what you're seeing burnt onto the pistons but once again, I don't know :/ 

I can't say if it was burning oil prior to this, as I never saw blue smoke on start or while driving, and whenever I had the car running it was running (before this of course) it never showed signs of oil burn. 

It's a bit late for it now regardless as I don't know.