Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Ask your tuning questions here!

gotasuby

hijacka said:

Looking forward to seeing you this weekend for a re tune dude!Can you do me a cold start as well?

Highly recommend this guy btw! leaves the wife waiting in the car while we bugger off tuning lol.

O.T but still a Question: Is macgyver your Dad?

Cheers

Laadan.

Yes can do cold start. No my dad is not macgyver haha.

Also I think i have nearly perfected my spec B 3.0r tune apart from lean ish patch around 5k rpm.

FER547Dyno25314_zps9e8ea855.jpg

Vs an Auto equivilent

DaveVsFer547_zpsf70d8667.jpg

lachlan said:

1507888_10203504574399628_219848995_n.jp

do you know much about this ? can you read its tune and test it etc ? is it worth putting in a v3 ra ?

Its a G1 or G2.

Designed for pre 2000 subaru trigger pattern. definitly no where near as good tuning and resoulution as a g3/4. depends what mods you have and what you expect

evowrx said:

How do you find virtual results vs actual dyno either rr or hub?

Virtual is only a comparision vs other vertual on the same road. real dyno is far far better.

I say virtual is within about 10% which is a big margin but close enough for some people

Yes vs Dacerx

gotasuby']

[quote name='evowrx said:

How do you find virtual results vs actual dyno either rr or hub?

/quote]

Virtual is only a comparision vs other vertual on the same road. real dyno is far far better.

I say virtual is within about 10% which is a big margin but close enough for some people

Sweet ties up with what Ive found and hard to get the same conditions after changing a turbo etc. Have you made plans for coming up to whangarei as far as dates go?

gotasuby']

[quote name='gotasuby said:

I\'ve used the g4 knock block. Original knock link and the Motec knock device I can\'t remember why it\'s called.

And the knock light. The g4 knock light and g4 knock link are both awesome.

Original knock link is crap in comparison.

/quote]would you recommend installing one of those knock lights when I install my g4?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/708536483

It is in my list. Just unsure. Was going to have this and a wideband

Sorry to butt in, but crap that\'s dear...Could you wire an LED to Knock Sensor?

Or cheap shift light to knock sensor?

Edit: Or CEL to Knock Sensor?

That is not a bad price for what it is. it works amazing and nothing you can make easily or buy cheaper comes close and is easy to set up.

Plug in and auto calibrates. when it lights up red you have knock. very reliable

I ran an early one of these a few years back before they started marketing it and found a tendancy for it to pickup some form of vibration at a particular point of the rev range, did it on 2 different motors. No idea if they refined the setup since then, but given there was no actual knock it was a little frustrating as it flashed at a certain point in the revs in most gears, so I tended to ignore it!

Of course this can also be impacted by the location of the knock sensor.

thorpy said:

Please keep this topic to discussion directly related to tuning , iv created a new topic from all the discussion so everyone can discuss ECU setup topics such as sensor location

http://www.clubsub.org.nz/forum/index.php/topic,42533.0.html

hey i recently picked up a 2009 gibbie sg standard- love it but it falls out of kinda often. especially the g string. i am thinking of having the slots at the nut angled out a bit towards the tuning pegs, but i was wondering if changing the tuners is a better solution.. are gibson sg tuners klusons... or kluson styled... anybody else having this issues- thanks

gotasuby said:

Getting it running is easy. They just modifying the fuel map to get AFR correct then making sure in timing values are optimised

So, connect up to Link and enter Sensors used, Voltage Ranges, Guestimate AFR? Then Fire up, monitor AFR, shut down, adjust, restart?

Or just connect/Fireup/Adjust?

madmike']

[quote name='thorpy said:

color=red]Please keep this topic to discussion directly related to tuning , iv created a new topic from all the discussion so everyone can discuss ECU setup topics such as sensor location

http://www.clubsub.org.nz/forum/index.php/topic,42533.0.html[/color]

hey i recently picked up a 2009 gibbie sg standard- love it but it falls out of kinda often. especially the g string. i am thinking of having the slots at the nut angled out a bit towards the tuning pegs, but i was wondering if changing the tuners is a better solution.. are gibson sg tuners klusons... or kluson styled... anybody else having this issues- thanks

The first thing i seen in that was g string , are you trying to tell us something Mike :P

• Like 1

Rosssub']

[quote name='gotasuby said:

Getting it running is easy. They just modifying the fuel map to get AFR correct then making sure in timing values are optimised

/quote]

So, connect up to Link and enter Sensors used, Voltage Ranges, Guestimate AFR? Then Fire up, monitor AFR, shut down, adjust, restart?

Or just connect/Fireup/Adjust?

Connect up link, setup sensors and calibration. then load a base tables closest to your engine. then setup fueling based on injectors. then fire up and adjust to get fueling ok until it warms up. then adjust again once it warm. on a fresh motor you need to load it up a little so a little harder but ok with 2 of you.

• General Member

Not 100% a tuning question but relevant I think. I am using an Atmo venting aftermarket BOV currently which is closed at idle, if I swap to a v7 Factory BOV that is open at idle and I leave it Atmo venting will that mess with my tune?

I am using a Link G4 with AFM gone and using a MAP sensor. My understanding is the Map sensor measures pressure in the manifold so the BOV being open at idle isnt an issue as the Map sensor compensates vs. AFM which measure air intake and therefore a BOV open at idle causes problems.

Am I on the right track here? Or is there some aspect of the tune that will be affected by the BOV effectively being a boost leak at idle.

• 2 weeks later...

I downloaded PCLink G4+ last night, I see it\'s already loaded with STI Maps for use with the Link G4 Plug In.

Version 5&6/7/8/9/10 pre-loaded.

So can I just use a V7 Map with my new Link, with the AVCS disabled? Then Log and Tune myself from there? (engine already broken in on V5 J2 ECU)

gotasuby said:

Yes you can. What injectors etc a4 you running? Would it not be better to run v5-6 map?

Using my original Yellow 440cc and TT Manifold for the J2/Run in period.

Then installing Link G4 - Version 7 STI Manifold - Pink 550 Top Feeds.