Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

ABS Light (confusing problem)

UPDATE FIX:

Problem: there were 4 short circuits detected. all of which were in the front right guard. Will post some pictures ASAP.

hi guys,

first of all YES i did use the search and NO i didnt find anything similar to my problem.

car is a 1997 subaru legacy gtb wagon (BG5)

The Problem:

1st issue:

started off with error code 31 (ABS Pump Solenoid?)

replaced ABS pump, code 31 went away.

2nd issue:

after new ABS pump installed, new error code 24 (F L Wheel Sensor)

i have taken to car to highbrook automotive who confirmed it was error 24, they cleaned and checked the sensor and it appeared to be fine. Also tested it for power etc and was working fine. The \'Teeth\' are also fine.

Tried to manually reset the ABS ECU? Code would not go away, error code 24 is here to stay!

My WoF is next week and i really dont want to have to fork out more hours of labour if someone on here has had the same issue or knows how to fix it/what to check?

All help appreciated,

Cheers

Edited by steve118

is it possible to swap the right and left sensors and test drive to narrow down the possibilities? (i\'m not sure but it seems the first thing i\'d try before looking for another abs control module to try, or having a better look at the wiring)

kamineko said:

is it possible to swap the right and left sensors and test drive to narrow down the possibilities? (i\'m not sure but it seems the first thing i\'d try before looking for another abs control module to try, or having a better look at the wiring)

from what i have been told the Left & Right sensors are different? And one costs more than the other? Not sure how true it is but i can call the garage tomorrow to find out.

legacy666 said:

if you took it to highbrook auto to get sorted and its still there then they didnt do a very good job.

i left it with alex, who did the pump replacement nice and quick and that was fine, but this error code is proving to be a bit difficult, i might look into getting a new ABS module

steve118']

[quote name='legacy666 said:

if you took it to highbrook auto to get sorted and its still there then they didnt do a very good job.

/quote]

i left it with alex, who did the pump replacement nice and quick and that was fine, but this error code is proving to be a bit difficult, i might look into getting a new ABS module

Don\'t get a new ABS Module.

- Unplug the Front Left ABS Sensor and test Resistance between Terminals.

- Should show between 1-1.5 K Ohms.

Anything else the Sensor is stuffed.

- Then Pull Plug \'F49\', at the ABS Module.

- Check resistance between Terminals #9 and #10. (F/L sensor Pins)

- Should show 1-1.5 K Ohms.

If not, bad contact between Sensor and Module. Check/Clean all Loom Plug Contacts, then test again.

Rosssub']

[quote name='legacy666 said:

/quote]

Don\'t get a new ABS Module.

- Unplug the Front Left ABS Sensor and test Resistance between Terminals.

- Should show between 1-1.5 K Ohms.

Anything else the Sensor is stuffed.

- Then Pull Plug \'F49\', at the ABS Module.

- Check resistance between Terminals #9 and #10. (F/L sensor Pins)

- Should show 1-1.5 K Ohms.

If not, bad contact between Sensor and Module. Check/Clean all Loom Plug Contacts, then test again.

best answer so far. thanks bro :)

• 4 months later...

UPDATE:

Im mainly posting this late update as it may be helpful to other members in the future when using the search feature.

Problem: there were 4 short circuits detected. all of which were in the front right guard. Will post some pictures ASAP.

So there was no need for me to replace ABS Pump at all, oh well.