Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Fitting cruise control

richnorm

Seems you are almost there if cruise buttons are recognised at the ecu and you have the 4 pin plug for brake/stop switch. Just wonder if cc cars have a different clutch switch too. Might be worth a Google. I am surprised the dash light doesn't work though. Good luck, took me a while to get mine going...

richnorm said:
Seems you are almost there if cruise buttons are recognised at the ecu and you have the 4 pin plug for brake/stop switch. Just wonder if cc cars have a different clutch switch too. Might be worth a Google. I am surprised the dash light doesn't work though. Good luck, took me a while to get mine going...

Wouldnt think the clutch switch would be problem. car is auto and wiring diagrams show the clutch switch connection doesn't exsist on autos.yeah i thought it was strange getting No cruise light

• 1 month later...

So bit of a update. i have managed to get the cruise control working out of share fluke. the functions work but i get no cruise control or set light on my cluster.

Have done the diagnostics on the cluster which lights everything up and even trying that no lights appear.

Any ideas? wonder if cluster needs to be programmed to show the lights?

jonossiksilvia said:
I'm having some issues getting mine to work:

06 legacy 3.0r wagon si drive auto

Fitted cruise buttons

fitted genuine brake switch

didnt do any type of software update upon hooking battery back up

Getting no cruise control lights at all on dash

hooking up freessm to car tells me the following

Green tick by cruise control on left hand side

cruise system is saying on

all buttons and brake and stop switches are working as freessm picking it up.

clutch is saying off though.

Any thoughts people?

Just done a round trip 1000km in 2 days and woulda been handy having it going

Hi there, am planning to do the same thing, same car - where did you buy the parts from (how much)? Cheers

jonossiksilvia said:
this part i ordered for brake switch: https://partsouq.com/en/search/search?q=83370AA001

search ebay for the controls or for more $ can get through partsouq.com aswell https://partsouq.com/en/search/search?q=83154FG040

Do I need an 8-pin plug? Basically that's why I'm asking for the exact link ;) sorry for being a PITA.

PS: offtopic question - how much info do you get displayed on your trip comp above the stereo? Is yours a NZ or JDM?

Edited by sobanoodle

• 4 weeks later...
 richnorm said:
I've got a spare cc pad (new, unused) if you still need one soobanoodle.

Good news jono!

Thank you for the offer! A couple of weeks ago I'd have accepted it - I'd ordered a cc pad off ebay and a brake switch off partsouq, all installed and working :D Thank you for this thread/idea!

seith_31 said:
Will this work even if i don't have cc lights on my guage cluster?

It should - it works on mine without any lights, you just don't see what mode you're in, but it's all kinda intuitive. I'm getting used to the cc, loving it (50km return on a semi-empty motorway 5 days a week). Check that you have a spare brake switch plug above your brake pedal.

cytrVOO.jpg

Q8dRp6v.jpg

1uPhl1g.jpg

Dv5lp2i.jpg

ky4i6th.jpg

Edited by sobanoodle

• 3 weeks later...

Can confirm this works on pre-facelift gen 4 legacys. Installed it over the weekend on mine (2004 5spd turbo wagon). Cost me $92 for the switch & 4 pin brake switch from Strong's.

No lights on the dash, but works perfectly. Didn't do any updates or anything (that I could see anyway), just plugged in the switches and it worked.

Thanks for all the info in the thread - was a very painless process for me.

Need a different switch from the one shown in this thread for the pre-facelift cars though:

IMG_06171_zpsb1fb4fb7.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...