Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Fuel injectors and spark plugs 2004 Subaru Legacy GT

sleepr

Hi Guys,

New to the forums. I own a 2004 JDM Subaru Legacy GT. Engine#: EJ20YDTBJE. It's great, except for the maintenance costs :mad:

I need to replace all the fuel injectors as it doesn't idle smoothly. The guys at sublab did a test and basically all of them are worn. They advised to replace all injectors and spark plugs as well. They quoted me 1100+gst for the injectors alone and 375+gst for spark plugs.

I have the part no for the fuel injector which is: 16600AAZZ0. What do you guys suggest? I been googling to find out if I can get the injectors myself online. But don't know the details of it. All I know is that they are blue injectors. And from searching on this forum, it seems they are 550cc injectors? Does anyone know where I can source some? or any aftermarket injectors that would fit?

I had a look at the injectors here http://www.deatschwerks.com/products/productdetails%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20?virtuemart_product_id=118

They are 740cc injectors but for the EJ25 engine, will these work? Can I just do a direct replacement? or do I have to get it tuned? and whats involved in tuning?

Also regarding spark plugs, which do you guys suggest? Car has no mods, stock standard.

cheers..

syphe']also you can pick up the right spark plugs on amazon for pretty cheap if you can wait a few weeks for delivery, should save a few bucks

Can you give me the part no for the spark plugs please?

[quote name='GorGasmSpecB said:

Sounds wrong.

I will start to sound like a broken record but check the VVT solenoids for any blockages.

I had Brodie from manukau subaroo do a test on the injectors few years ago and one of them was running rich under 2000rpm and then I had sub lab do the test recently when I got my car serviced and they said they all worn now -_-

I will have a look at the solenoids and see if it has any blockages.

Also I just called subtech, and they will have a look at the injectors and flush them and see if that works, else they have second hand ones which they can replace with for like half the price sublab quoted. Also thinking of getting their downpipe? good idea?

DacerX said:
and i just re read that, 375+ for spark plugs......god.........just no agree with syphe go somewhere else, thats just a insane amount.

haha yeap, pretty crazy.

Who do you guys suggest to get servicing done in the future?

here you go:

http://www.amazon.com/NGK-ILFR6B-Laser-Iridium-Spark/dp/B000GZCU3O

I've got their downpipe on mine, only get one if you're willing to spend a bit more on the extra costs involved.

+ Tune

+ Hi-Flow Cat or Resonator (I've had both on mine, recommend the hi flow cat).

Check out this thread related to the downpipe: http://clubsub.org.nz/forum/showthread.php?27270-Subtech-Downpipe-Review/page16

plugs should be either bpr6eix or bkr6eix

last set i got cost me $80.

never, ever heard of injectors wearing, a lot of idle faults are normally vac leak or AFM related.

someones trying to pull the wool over your eyes BIG TIME, i strongly recommend subirex, havnt had any work done by him, but have heard a lot of good reviews.

Sounds pretty strange? Note only the cost of the plugs but also replacing 4 injectors on a modern car? Wouldn't it be more likely that a coil has gone or fuel pump/filter blocked. As theothers hhavesaid iI'd go to someone locally. I once had a very very well known mechanic tell me my turbo wasblo wn and needed replacement whenit wwasju st a cracked intercooler pipe. Buyer beware

sleepr said:
Hi Guys,

New to the forums. I own a 2004 JDM Subaru Legacy GT. Engine#: EJ20YDTBJE. It's great, except for the maintenance costs :mad:

I need to replace all the fuel injectors as it doesn't idle smoothly. The guys at sublab did a test and basically all of them are worn. They advised to replace all injectors and spark plugs as well. They quoted me 1100+gst for the injectors alone and 375+gst for spark plugs.

Lol, what a f****** rip off. Better off seeing subirex as the other members stated he's a good guy and knows his stuff.

Thank you guys, subirex sorted it out. Car drives mint, no more idle issues. It were the injectors, the fuel injection pulse was dropping. But since the change, car drives like new. Highly recommend subirex, he really does know his stuff.